ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My money saving tool ...

Porsche Boxster987S
Sold the R32 to save money for a house and this is what I swapped it for. Despite it being slower , a diesel , bla bla bla ... im actually starting to love the car. Extremely cheap to run in comparison to the golf (obviously) and £90 road tax versus 500 is an added bonus. Although it cant compete on many levels with the R , it (in my opinion) is a tad classier , much more comfortable , better quality of build and takes you away from all the other wee boys that can now afford to buy a R32 around here. Will likely buy something more interesting when I own a property but in the meantime this will do nicely :)
9113_495564123850630_1547261150_n.jpg

7890_495564367183939_266831007_n.jpg

179782_495575107182865_1075054606_n.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Still quite an expensive car though Paul? Would you have been better properly downsizing or was that a step too far? ;)

Porsche Boxster987S
It's a 320d msport . Kev, was hard enough selling the golf lol so I still wanted to have a "decent" car lol

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
It's a 320d msport . Kev, was hard enough selling the golf lol so I still wanted to have a "decent" car lol

Msport lol, always makes me laugh when my mate says it. 120d M sport m8 haha.

Lovely motor though pal, Le mans blue is an ace colour on this generation of BMW.

Porsche Boxster987S
haha yeah I realise there's a massive massive difference from owning a 3 series m sport diesel barge to an M3 .... But similarly , the m sport 3 series is better than a bog standard 3 series ...

Porsche Boxster987S
It's 177. The 335 would be a proper car I'd imagine , something I'd consider next year maybe .

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. Must be one of the first 177's with it being pre lci.

They are ultimate cruisers though. I like mine, its just a little boring.

Porsche Boxster987S
No, full cream leather (almost white) . Can see in the second picture. If I wasn't saving hard I'd treat it to halo headlights , some light tints and a csl style trunk. Took all the M badges off it as some folk are dilusional

Porsche Boxster987S
Yeah a few folk are advising I go and get it mapped. Would be interested to hear of the gains . I'd imagine healthy torque figures

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah a few folk are advising I go and get it mapped. Would be interested to hear of the gains . I'd imagine healthy torque figures

My older 163 mapped to 209bhp - 310ft/lbs. A 177 yields even better results!

Porsche Boxster987S
Think il be taking it in a few weeks to get mapped. Contacted ectuning and they have said to expect gains of 33-40bhp and 105-115nm torque. And around a 12% improvement on fuel consumption.

ben , I'm well mate . Hope you are