ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 172 Cup track car.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Great thread 'GAZ', how much weight would you say it's saved taking the interior out?

Also on that note how heavy was the roll cage? I know they are not light but obviously safety should have a compromise.

Thanks.
I reckon the car's under 900kg now. Not sure on the roll cage weight, but I could carry it quite easily.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Booked the car into ProGrip for a full track focussed geometry set up. Killed a good A048 in 2 hours on Sunday.

null_zpsfe31750c.jpg

DS2500's were well used lol:

null_zps3bc3d190.jpg

null_zps457e9e1b.jpg

Threw in a set of Brembo pads till after the winter:

null_zps75e10f08.jpg

Gaz.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
My front caliper aren't in the best of nick tbh, I'll be getting them sent away for a full refurb after the track season's finished.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
DS2500. Tbh I don't really like them, feels like I'm pressing a block of wood but Dave had them and they didnt. Dunno why. But they work well and seem to take most of the abuse. I'll probably be going back to stock pads next year and get track only ones for the caged one.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Ah, I might have a sticky piston. My n/s inner pad was down to the metal and the rest had a few mm to spare. The dust boot on the n/s caliper piston has came away a bit but I'll get them refurbed after I do another couple of trackdays.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I reckon the car's under 900kg now. Not sure on the roll cage weight, but I could carry it quite easily.

Good thread you have here, just gone through it all. My cup has the exact same cage and stripped to a similar level as yours. Weighed it a few weeks ago on a weigh bridge with half a tank of fuel. To my suprise it was still 970kg :(.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good out on track Gaz,I phoned up about a couple of spaces for last night but it had sold out by the time I heard about it.

Last time I weighed my stripped cup it was 957kg , im hoping for around 900 now.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I've got a weighbridge ticket showing 940kg but I've removed LOADS since I got it.

Cup In bits
Gaz pads will always wear down quicker on the piston side of a single pot caliper and the N/S will do more work around KH than the O/S. If the dust seal hasn't actually came off at the caliper side and has just jumped out the piston groove, peel it back, check for shicte and put it back if good.

Good chance its nothing plus reconed calipers are always tird so try to avoid doing it if you can.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I've got a weighbridge ticket showing 940kg but I've removed LOADS since I got it.

Makes me think that the weighbridge round mine is inaccurate then! Will be getting it corner weighed next month hopefully so I'll see what the results will be then

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
A quick question as well. Do you have spigot rings on your F1's as I've just bought ones that look exactly the same

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Makes me think that the weighbridge round mine is inaccurate then! Will be getting it corner weighed next month hopefully so I'll see what the results will be then
I've been advised to get mine corner weighted by AG Motorsport.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Danny_172's kindly taking the Cup to ProGrip tomorrow to get the suspension geometry all sorted out!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Quick video of the K-Tec recessed supersport with decat

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=gc53WLmDXW8&desktop_uri=% 2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dgc53WLmDXW8%26feature%3Dyoutu.be[/video]