ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 172 project

Clio 172, Pug 106
Now then......

Recently purchased the below Clio,

16bf887b.jpg

60ef5ab8.jpg

2228e131.jpg

Spec

Stealth Stainless steel cat back system from K-TEC Racing.
BMC Carbon air filter
Uprated Pads and discs all round, again from K-TEC Racing.
V-Maxx coilover suspension
16" Prima racing alloys in Gloss black with Yokohama S Drive tyres all round.
Laguna front splitter

Future plans

Soon as my gear arrives I can put my new audio equipment in... Can't be doing with standard tinny speakers...
Stiffen it up a little bit with some strut braces
possibly a carbon bonnet...

New to clios so any advice on mods would be appreciated I have not got a clue where to start... I'm just relying on a mate of mine to help me out :-D

Cheers
justins

Clio 172, Pug 106
Cheers :)

As I say, new to clios, had a 106xs for last got knows how many years, great car.. Just got bored of 90hp ha!!

Th guy I have baught the car off is a valeter, so without hesitation I Baught it... Colour looks stunning in the sunshine!!
cant wait for summer and some road trips!

Clio 172, Pug 106
Aye I've heard!!
i got this one for a steal, and it has been very well looked after...
the guy that owned it has recently got both belts changed, and is a frequent visitor to birch down in Cheshire for all his work...

Even went as far as there to get his car serviced which is one of the main reasons I have baught it..

Chocolate Orange 172
Nice looking motor, subtle can be a good way to go on these, just little changes make a big difference!

Clio 172, Pug 106
Cheers guys!!! Looking forward to weekend when I can finally clean it and get some decent pictures

Clio 172, Pug 106
Thanks for the comments!
I can't begin to tell you how clean this car is!
Obviously it has a few minor imperfections ( stone chips etc)

Just ordered myself some new audio equipment, can't wait too get it insured Monday and get out in it!!

Clio 172, Pug 106
Well... Two weeks into Clio ownership and I love it!!!
upgraded the speakers the other day with some decent vibe ones, new kenwood dvd head unit (which was a tw@ to fit)
Carbon inserts on the inside, and just ordered a strut brace for the front!
Just one pics I've taken below, need to get some better ones at the weekend!
6ca1d086.jpg

bcb4fda2.jpg

35d6a15f.jpg

b0dc5b1c.jpg

efe8948d.jpg

f814225e.jpg

a8d1e839.jpg

Like I say pics above dont do it justice, I will let me canon loose on it this weekend after I to been cleaned and hopefully get some decent pictures!

Justin

Clio 172, Pug 106
Here are some new pics taken yesterday after giving the clio a good clean!!

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

Still loving the car... not actually sure if i want to make any changes too it... tis perfect as it is!!

Cheers Justin

Clio 172, Pug 106
Cheers :)

Going to carbon wrap the Renault badge and probably the fog light surrounds in the near future :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
very nice! I really wanted this one, but in the end just too far. She has been well lookd after by Parky

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Jew, you need to get a cup spoiler on that, would finish it off perfectly

Clio 172, Pug 106
Yeah Mish reccomended getting a cup spoiler! Will prob look into it after I've fixed the UCH problem

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
If I find an iceburg spoiler for sale, I will sell you my titanium one as you will need to paint it anyways

Clio 172, Pug 106
winner cheers!!!

Ive still got a manifold and 2 strutbraces to fit, just not getting round to doing them....
Plus the fact this UCH is going to rape my bank account... grr why did i buy another french car!

Clio 172, Pug 106
Going to look into a cup spoiler over winter i think...

As much as i like the wheels at the back of my mind i want a change.... just something im going to think about over the coming months :)

Thanks for the positive feedback

Clio 172, Pug 106
Little bored today and had a shed load of stickers so carried on the previous owners attempt to stickerbomb the engine cover..

Still not 100% convinced on it! Think i might just get some flame red paint and do it body coloured as it does look abit random and out of place!

7DA85B81-6945-48D0-BDF5-028C4944CDF8-16164-000006559E88BC2D.jpg

Arctic 182FF
Would look much better if you just sprayed the engine cover the same colour as the car in my opinion. Just get a cup spolier and enjoy your perfect looking clio!

Clio 172, Pug 106
Yeah i know what you mean.... The previous owner had started this, so thought id just finish off and see what it looked like!

I keep forgetting about the cup spoiler! il keep my eye out for one after xmas!