ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 182!

Gordini 182!
Hi everyone,

I have just picked this up from Nottingham this morning, I'm really excited, its super clean and runs nice...

Here is a pic of it at the dealers next to my boyfriends GTE...

mcf02t.jpg

I noticed there was a sticker in the back window from this forum and paperwork relating to a member on here, does anyone know anything of the cars history on here?

...also the seatbelts are a bit scruffy is there a trick to cleaning these or is it a case of replace them or scrub them best you can??

I hope this is in the right section apologies to MODs if not.

Thanks guys! :p

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hi and welcome.

Pay the £12 members fee and it will be the best £12 you have ever spent.

Lots of info about the cars, stuff for sale, discounts and a detailing section. :)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
pull the seatbelts as far as u can and close the door with them hanging out. Soap and a toothbrush worked a treat for me:)

Love the astra

BG FF 182
Welcome, and cracking cars! Not seen a GTE in person for at least 15 years!

I too have silver seat belts...going to have to scrub with some hot soapy water :(

M2 Comp
Welcome to the forum!

Re the seatbelts, see below (credit to Austin-182 for this useful guide)-

Austin-182 said:
For years my seatbelts have looked dirty, i remember when i bought it back in 2008 they didnt look very clean then either and always wanted to clean them but didnt really know how to go about it. I have heard of hanging them out the door and jet washing, but tbh i didnt fancy doing this. A while back i came across a thread on a different forum from a guy in France who cleaned his and they came up immaculate.

Anyone who knows me, know that i keep my interior immaculate at all times and the belts have really been letting the whole interior down.

Its quite a simple process, please read each step below;

Here you can see just how dirty they were, quite disgusting really and I'm not sure how they have got that bad in the first place but i suppose 8 years of use and being silver they show up everything.

null_zps69ee7265.jpg

null_zpsa2de8076.jpg

null_zps1127cbd9.jpg

null_zps4843328c.jpg

null_zps64f11276.jpg

null_zpsec63adf5.jpg

You need to remove the bolt holding the seat bely in first of all, access it from the rear of the car.

null_zps881d7e71.jpg

null_zps906b842b.jpg

null_zpse774f38a.jpg

When removed you need to get a bucket, a small nail brush and some soap powder.

null_zpse1a988e8.jpg

pull the belt as much as it will allow you, then use 2 normal pegs to prevent it from re tensioning back in.

null_zpsf78cc357.jpg

You could use a towel, but i didn't have one so used 2 bin bags to cover the seat.

null_zps4bd52f28.jpg

Mix a small amount of soap powder with warm water in the bucket and place it on the seat, them put the belt in the bucket. Allow to soak for 10-15 mins and then use the brush to agitate the powder into the belt and you will see the dirt breaking down.

null_zpse8fd3fde.jpg

null_zps92c503f6.jpg

null_zps0777f80b.jpg

When cleaned, i wiped the full belt with a microfibre to get rid of the water and as its a warm day, i left them hanging out the door to dry out. I kept wiping them throughout to soak up any water on them to speed up the natural drying process.

null_zpsb040f49b.jpg

When dry, fit back and admire how clean they look.

null_zps44ba3004.jpg

null_zps7f3ef54a.jpg

null_zpsf1e96ae6.jpg

null_zps19312496.jpg

null_zps39e54e5f.jpg

null_zpsdba3d605.jpg

null_zpsd6ab26d5.jpg

null_zps07b30acf.jpg

Gordini 182!
Ahh thanks alot guys that's very helpful! Just need a sunny day to get on with it now, thanks for the replies! Not happy that the GTE is faster than mine! :(

182FF
Pull them to full extension, close the door with them outside, pressure washer, job done.

Gordini 182!
Fastest out of the 182 was 110 however i have only had it a day so plenty more experimenting. Fastest out of the GTE was 146 but apparently the passenger door nearly flew off so had to back off!

Gordini 182!
Thanks! It is a nice one, all the others I have seen were well ropey. No, sorry, that's were we bought the car from, we're from Barnsley. It was a fair trek but fun in the right car, lol.

Gordini 182!
I set the user up before i bought the car, I was after a 172 but decided to go for the nicer 182! The 182 is my very first Clio.

Gordini 182!
looks really tidy! i'm hoping to get an rb at some point!

It has a few dinks but apart from that it is really tidy, really pleased to call it mine! Sorry whats an rb?

Ah right. Same here! What did you have before? The engine is fantastic isn't it, so eager.

If i tell you i had a rusty old poverty spec vectra estate will you promise not to laugh! Only drove it a couple of times but love it already however the heavy clutch is taking some getting use to.

BG FF 182
I can't laugh, I had a 1.4 diesel Yaris. Still got it in fact, it's on Gumtree lol

I find the clutch just right, but then the Yaris has a very heavy clutch. I'm sure you will get used to it very quick, thats what usually happens, then you drive another car and it's like is this clutch even connected to anything?? So light!!

Gordini 182!
I can't laugh, I had a 1.4 diesel Yaris. Still got it in fact, it's on Gumtree lol

I find the clutch just right, but then the Yaris has a very heavy clutch. I'm sure you will get used to it very quick, thats what usually happens, then you drive another car and it's like is this clutch even connected to anything?? So light!!

That is very true, my foot nearly went through the vectra floor when i got back in her! Oh dear there is no excuse for that lol

rb is the colour of your car ;) racing blue

ste

Ah right, at least now i know. Is that the paint code or abbreviation?

BG FF 182
It was an ideal commuter car. Legendary reliability, not one thing had gone wrong in over 10 years, £30 road tax a year, and 600 miles of fuel for £60. And actually not as slow as you'd think, with 125 ft/lb of torque from 1500 RPM. Just not a car for fun.

Gordini 182!
Yeah I know what you mean, the vectra was really reliable always got me from a to b and as I found out a good van as my boyfriend carried engines in it! But like you said not a car to have fun in. Next thing on the list for the 182 is to find a good exhaust, you don't happen to know of any good ones do you?

Gordini 182!
Thanks for that, just shown the other half and he likes the look of that. What do you know about the RS192? Iv had a look at other threads and a lot of people seem to go for that. I've had a look on YouTube as well as they both sound nice.

BG FF 182
The RS192 is the version I have, with 2 silencers (the eBay one above has just the one silencer). Certainly not got any complaints about it, but as a noob I have nothing to compare it to.

I think if you order it you will be happy, I like mine. Just need to sort out which exhaust hangars to go for as the heavy stainless steel exhausts mean the standard Renault ones last about 6 months before the silencers sag, and bang over bumps.

There is a cheap £6 powerflex bush mod to fix this though, so no worries really.

Gordini 182!
Ah right so that's something to listen out for, at least now I won't cry when I hear a banging noise lol Well it looks like there both pretty even so ill get a good exhaust no matter which one I decide to go for.

I want the best for her so I don't mind putting the money into a good system.

BG FF 182
Aye no point buying a performance car then fitting rubbish lol.

Although I'm tempted to fit a cheaper mild steel system, that looks stock, for insurance purposes. Perishing the thought though :(

Gordini 182!
Buy cheap buy twice lol you know your going to regret going for the cheaper option once things start going wrong on it. How much is your insurance if you don't mind me asking?

BG FF 182
Aye no bother, I pay £240 fully comp, with Allianz. That's with 9 years NCB, no points, a £250 voluntary excess, and i'm 36.

I thought it was going to be a lot more tbh, especially as the Yaris was £170. Ah well, the only good thing about getting old!

How much is yours?

Gordini 182!
Mine is £700 fully comp with diamond. £500 voluntary excess, I don't have any ncb as iv previously been on my boyfriends policy, and I'm 21.

So not bad to say I have a boy racer lol