ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new BMW :o)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Soooo after 7 months in my lovely 328i Sport, the opportunity arrived to swop my car allowance for a car. After much thought, deliberation and general umming & ahhing, i decided that i was essentially fed with with putting huge mileages on my own cars & really wanted to get back into track days ...

Finally picked it up last Wednesday after a brief stint with a Golf Gti Edition 30 - vaguely fast, but DSG & dull as dishwater!!

Its an '07 BMW 320i M Sport with 20k miles & few brief foray into the options list, no nav, but i hate car ones anyway, TomTom FTW.

Very pleased so far, not the last word in speed, but 40mpg isnt to be sniffed at lol. It also reiterates my belief that BMW's are the only 'adult' cars that are actually any good to drive, yes everything is light & easy to use, but (and Audi/VW take note!!) it actually still has steering feel & a lovely weight to the wheel when you load it up into a corner ..

The 335i would actually be immense. I want one next lol. Enjoy :D

DSC02078.gif

DSC02079.gif

DSC02080.gif

DSC02082.gif

DSC02081.gif

PS. Its not free, my rent costs less per month ...

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Nice! So you now have an 'adult' car to offset the 'angry teenager' car.

I shall introduce you to my latest edition soon. 60mpg but i look like Clarkson driving that Peel P50....my legs don't even clear the bottom of the steering wheel.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Nice! So you now have an 'adult' car to offset the 'angry teenager' car.

I shall introduce you to my latest edition soon. 60mpg but i look like Clarkson driving that Peel P50....my legs don't even clear the bottom of the steering wheel.

lol, you'll have to bring it over one evening, can put my vts wheels on it ;)

A company car that you have to pay for?

In a roundabout sort of way, i used to have a car allowance, but i gave it up as doing 40k a year in a fully maintained car sounded like a better idea tbh ...

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Lovely motor I'd be chuffed with that and also being an m-sport.

I would love a 335, but most are SE's with the 19inch wheel option.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Rather nice..Xenons?

Of course, althought tbf i think that they take power away from the hamster engine, so i tend to drive around in the dark at night instead lol ...

Im loving it at the moment, also works well as a car parts collection vehicle, managed to cram 4 wheels, 3 tyres, 2 bumpers & a seat in it last night ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
nice! they do a 320 with awesome wheels etc. looks much faster than it is tho!

B

Brown.

Nice choice brother!

Get it lowered though!

P1010686.jpg

And some Black Kidneys!!

P1010684.jpg

MKIII 138
to me bmw interiors are bland and look cheap on the 3 series and 1 series.

still the handling and engines are faultless on non run-flats

Not a 320d
I should be detailing a 335i in the same colour next week, cant wait to get my hand on it, although i dont like BMW paint when its been swirled. Same M Sport interior only in cream, tis quite nippy.

B

Brown.

Not sure I agree with Quality of interior comments, not just being biased either!!... My life is Interior, I work for an injection moulding company making interior panels ..been to all the major manufactures in england on seminars ( scouting for future work), ford, nissan, honda, toyota and bmw.... the only compaany that does'nt 'rework' panels either by spraying or reforming is bmw, apart from luxury companies, has one of the highest quality control levels out there.... as for looks.... eye of the beholder, bit like rolex

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Whilst I love the car, I have to agree with the minority. I detest BMW interiors. Awful.

Everything else about them I love though!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
BM interiors are a let down. esp compared to the Audi's! Dials are the best bit tho.