ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Coilovers

Lionel Richie
thats because i drive hard, unlike you you poof! ;)

i'm an instructor too don't forget, and just because you drive fancy stuff or have the money to buy it doesn't mean you know a good handling car!

oh and i'm still getting told the opposite to what you're saying about FCS, but then we did have a championship winning driver at the wheel

i think a shoot out is required

Mk2 172
Pgti aren't really our thing (at the moment)

track and race cars mag and give the cars to someone who knows his arse from his elbow (such as peter knivett or the editor keith wood) and i'm in

ours has been tested by them twice now

should get it organised! race and track is quality. that would be an interesting day i think.

Yeah im up for that. a race day with a load of clioboys :)
Cant wait :D see who can really drive!!!

lift number 1 @ btm
to get a result that would'nt just cause more fighting. they would have to drive everyones cars themselves.
then i'm sure there would be some spare time at the end of the day;)

lift number 1 @ btm
sorry, not very clear before. thats what i meant. and maybe at the end of the day there might be some time for everyone to play!

thats because i drive hard, unlike you you poof! ;)

i'm an instructor too don't forget, and just because you drive fancy stuff or have the money to buy it doesn't mean you know a good handling car!

oh and i'm still getting told the opposite to what you're saying about FCS, but then we did have a championship winning driver at the wheel

i think a shoot out is required

It's not that I drive like a poof, I just know my limits and am not arrogant enough to think I'm some kind of race driver when I get behind the wheel. Remember, trackdays are not a race, hence why Yozzasport and your driver Simon what's his face are banned from all the Gold Track days now I believe due to driving like a bunch of idiots and overtaking inexperienced track drivers mid corner and basically bullying them off the track.

Having access to real fast cars and not Clio's kinda changes your perspective on what's a good handling car, also with other people driving them that really know what they are doing also gives an indication. Being an instructor means your a teacher of taking correct lines etc etc etc, not a race driver, hence why 2 live could pan an R34 V-Spec in a humble little Williams with the instructor driving that. It means you can teach, not drive like Schumacher. You are probably a better driver than me, I consider myself average, but I know my limits and wont drive like a t**t to try and show off or make a point.

look this is one of the better suspension thread that have been on here recently, dont spoil one of Dan's best threads with an argument about whos a better driver. start you own topic for that!

however, Ill bring my LEDA clio along to a test day if one is sorted out ...

Lionel Richie
who said anything about us being banned from anywhere! and we've never recieved any complaints

yoz says "he's talking s**t, we weren't racing, there were 2 people in our car at all times, but we stuck to the circuit unlikie some people who decided to do rallycross, stop lying through your teeth you fairy or i'll get you a pint of vodka on sat, see you then bejesus, make sure 9lives can stand up this time! what time you getting down there?"

Last edited:
who said anything about us being banned from anywhere! and we've never recieved any complaints

yoz says "he's talking s**t, we weren't racing, there were 2 people in our car at all times, but we stuck to the circuit unlikie some people who decided to do rallycross, stop lying through your teeth you fairy or i'll get you a pint of vodka on sat, see you then bejesus, make sure 9lives can stand up this time! what time you getting down there?"

I've heard and been told otherwise and funnily enough was there and there's was a few complaints on the day about the aggressive nature and arrogance displayed... not my words, I don't need to tell lies, I leave that to the likes of Mr Rushworth who I hear you no longer use? Now why could that be?

Also thanks for the offer, but I dont really drink, nor do I know where I'm supposed to be going on Saturday... other than work that is

CupWhite - nothing like a healthy debate fella. Would you rather just hear the mindless ramblings of of a bunch of lemmings that all decide something is great because the person selling it told you so? Beware of salesmen posing as tuners, all this 'we do', 'we can' nonsense makes me laugh.

lift number 1 @ btm
look this is one of the better suspension thread that have been on here recently, dont spoil one of Dan's best threads with an argument about whos a better driver. start you own topic for that!

however, Ill bring my LEDA clio along to a test day if one is sorted out ...

Why does this Jesus guy make an arguement out of every single thread he is invloved in?

AST coilovers anyone??

:rolleyes:

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Every tuning and mechanical thread nowadays is turning into an episode of trisha!! I just want to know about the coilovers, not who's dad has the biggest c0ck!

lift number 1 @ btm
i was getting all excited about the idea of a proper comparison too. it would be good to get some accurate answers finally.

i was getting all excited about the idea of a proper comparison too. it would be good to get some accurate answers finally.

Dan mentioned these were in a similar price range to H&Rs. So not a comparable product to Ledas, Bilsteins, GDIs etc.

I think the rear coilover idea is pretty :cool: but why hasnt any one else done this yet? I cant believe it is a cost issue. Can anyone shed any light on this?

lift number 1 @ btm
they might not be directly comparable, but since plenty of people have used the other kits they would still be a useful benchmark. from what i have heard about ast they should be very impressive for what they cost.

Lionel Richie
AST is top stuff as Dan says, the powerstation boys i believe have won TunerGP every year so far on AST, and the EVO mag M3 runs it

i'm going to be meeting up with Dan in the near future to give these coilovers a try out

AST is top stuff as Dan says, the powerstation boys i believe have won TunerGP every year so far on AST, and the EVO mag M3 runs it

i'm going to be meeting up with Dan in the near future to give these coilovers a try out

So Fred how come your Bilstein kit doesnt use rear coilovers?

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I have only ever heard great reviews on the AST gear, One of our customers has a AST Set up on his 996 Porsche road/race car, the amount of adjustments on it is just amazing, as Fred has said Powerstation have had some amazing results in recent years running the AST Gear.

clio 200 F4Rt

Dan mentioned these were in a similar price range to H&Rs. So not a comparable product to Ledas, Bilsteins, GDIs etc.

I think the rear coilover idea is pretty :cool: but why hasnt any one else done this yet? I cant believe it is a cost issue. Can anyone shed any light on this?

its easier and cheaper for a manufacturer to just produce a spring, and tweak a damper that they probably already have on the shelf, i would of thought.

Its a good idea, and i like it.

Was going to fit a set of H&R's to my 172, but i think i will wait for these now!

its easier and cheaper for a manufacturer to just produce a spring, and tweak a damper that they probably already have on the shelf, i would of thought.

Was going to fit a set of H&R's to my 172, but i think i will wait for these now!

I would be very surprised if the rear coilover is bespoke. It would cost a fortune if it was.

lift number 1 @ btm
they must have used parts they already manufacture i guess, but possibly put them together in a different order, ie casing from one car, platform from another. although, i would have thought ast are a big enough manufacturer to be able to spend a couple of thousand euros on r&d. thats half the reason i'm so interested in these!

they must have used parts they already manufacture i guess, but possibly put them together in a different order, ie casing from one car, platform from another. although, i would have thought ast are a big enough manufacturer to be able to spend a couple of thousand euros on r&d. thats half the reason i'm so interested in these!

I am interested in the rears but would like some better answers on why no other companies have produced this yet.

clio 200 F4Rt

I would be very surprised if the rear coilover is bespoke. It would cost a fortune if it was.

thats what i mean, its easier for a shock and spring, than to design and make a coilover unit.

got a 172 now mat?

Id be really interested in getting the rear coliover units and using them with my LEDA's up front.

Mark - LEDA didnt like the idea of desiging them, I asked them and I think Gary G did when he first had the LEDA's made for his 182.

Fred - you must of had the idea of making rear coilover units because you have them on the 172 cup!

got a 172 now mat?

Id be really interested in getting the rear coliover units and using them with my LEDA's up front.

Mark - LEDA didnt like the idea of desiging them, I asked them and I think Gary G did when he first had the LEDA's made for his 182.

Fred - you must of had the idea of making rear coilover units because you have them on the 172 cup!

Why didnt Leda want to do it?

Who makes aftermarket coilovers for 1*2 - Bilstein, Leda, H&R, GAZ. It makes no sense that this 'upgrade' to the original setup has never been thought of.

Lionel Richie
Dave we have cup racer stuff, thought about it, but stuck with the tried and tested method of using a barrel spring