ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New DCi 100

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
picked up clio number 4 today lol a black DCi dynamique 100 with Climate control and electric sunroof.

so far loving it, averaging 65mpg and its got a nice lump of torque when you need it, tomorrow im going to machine polish it and give it a good detail but for today it just got a quick wash!

551792910a11004409734o.jpg

551792910a11004409758o.jpg

551792910a11004409638o.jpg

71,000 miles, years mot, years tax, full service history perfect apart from needing rear disks £3600 not bad price i thought being so rare

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yeah good buy, DCIs are rare. £35 tax a year? or is it more? We had a DCI 65 from new which was a good car.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah probably one of the best run abouts you will get, i was originally looking for a fabia VRS but this handles better, wee bit slower but has the £35 tax a good 10mpg more than the fabia and cheaper insurance which is what a runabout is all about in the end

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah would go pretty well, this one will be staying standard though, the torque on them is limited due to the gearbox anyway so if i was to map it to raise the torque i could get massive gains but not the best for the box so i wont be touching it :) plenty quick enough for day to day driving anyway, goes really well in 4th for overtaking

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
na its staying standard just giving it a good detail and keeping it mint and original.

gonna dig out all my old ICE that i had in my 1.2 16v, never fitted it into my 172 got about £3k worth of what was top of the line pioneer ice at the time lol

120d M Sport
Nice! you did alot to that 1.2 in a short space of time didnt ya! What you got ICE wise, headunit and speakers?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
depends what millage, dci100's hold their price well because they are so rare.

alex, got a Pioneer DEH-P8600MP head unit, reference series amp, reference series front components, reference series subs all that jazz lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Realy good motor that mate. Forgive my ignorence but are these 6 gears or still 5?

only a 5 speed mate, would have loved it to be a 6 speed, maby a plan for the future haha ;)

cheers for all the comments guys loving it so far, done 200 miles in it today and really getting a feel for it now, it pulls clean and hard to 4.5k rpm feels more like a petrol than a diesel! inside the cabin its so quiet you would never know what was under the bonnet, at 70mph it sits about 2k rpm and pulls to an indicated just under 120mph so probably between 110 and 115mph indicated.

suspension is a perfect ballance between ride comfort and handling, doesnt feel as firm as my old dci 65 felt funny enough or maby in my head.

brakes are strong, stops really well, and its needing rear disks changed too!

overall, im in love with the little thing!

mpg so far is averaged 61mpg and ive been driving pretty quick!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i was never a diesel fan untill i tried one when i bought my last one as a runabout they are awesome, no point at all having a petrol non RS, i was driving my mums 1.2 16v the other day and wasnt exactly red lining it just making progress around town at a similar pace as i would in the 172 and averaged 30mpg!!! i can average 65 in this using the torque.

problem with them is the boxes are only rated for 200nm (147lb/ft i think) which is what these have so as standard the torque is limited on these, so by mapping it you can get mega torque and around 130bhp BUT how long the box will last im not 100% sure, i might get a "soft" map on it for say 160 odd lb/ft and 115bhp but to be honest im not overly fussed, ill make a video tomorrow honest you will not beleive how this thing revs ive never driven a diesel like it, its like a bloddy petrol!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
newer ones are higher tax, same engine in the new one is also a dci 106 where mine is a dci 100! think it was something to do with them putting out more emissions than they were rated for! so newer ones are rated with higher bhp and more tax when they are the same engine!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mine was a 53 plater (or 54?!) like yours mate.

Deffinately deffinately £105 a year tax. I questioned it as it was a demo and I ordered it becase I thought it was £35!!

320d
Mine was a 53 plater (or 54?!) like yours mate.

Deffinately deffinately £105 a year tax. I questioned it as it was a demo and I ordered it becase I thought it was £35!!

The tax went down on them. They are only £30 next year.

320d
Love DCi's... the only non RS clio worth owning imo... great buy

Bet you can chip / mod it to silly torque & BHP?

Totally agree Winston. My 1.2 16V is gutless, not very economical and almost 4 x the tax of a DCi.

I wish i'd have gone for a DCi 80, couldn't believe how much quicker it felt than mine when I went in one.

However if I ever change to another non RS Clio it will be a DCi.

I also think martin will have it running silly power on an uprated box before long. The DCi 65 was just a run around and was going to be standard IIRC ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah after 53plate the dci 100 was brought out and the 1.6 16v was also given rear disks. same size as the 172 ones

Brett, im going to try my hardest to keep it standard as i like it as is. the dci 65 was just a bucket so a front mount and 60mm springs were a bit of fun lol

185lb/ft dCi
turn up for the books this! people on CS talking sense for once!! :approve: glad you got it mate and you can see my reply on cliodci.net

Clio 182
Just checked on parkers at the tax on the DCi's after everyone discussing it. The DCi 65 & 100 are £30 to tax next year but the DCi80 is only £20. Bit strange
80 ftw :)

i fancy a dci106 would have been nice to have that in the 30quid tax band 90ftl :(

my dci86 does fall into the 30quid band though :D

maped dci80 with its 20quid tax ftw although i wouldnt complain paying 30 for a dci100

my dci86s has rear discs i got them as part of the upgrade to 16s ;)

Last edited: