ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Dials

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
very nice mate.
would look better without 'Lockwood' on there imo.

still nice though, the Mk2 172 misses out on white dials that a Mk1 like mine has, they look good.

Clio 172mk2
yer i aggree with him too but like all things nowa days companys like there name to be seen.

but i think the look of it is more suited to the car , other was just too bland for me

Clio 172mk2
yes i would like that too , had a look whilst i had it out , could prolly do it , but would cry if i messed it up.

its just makin sure u get the right cicuit board lcds volt wise, then not solderin owt that didnt need it

A well built VW
Dink hs done it before so he can answer any questions you have , im sure the leds are less than a tenner , there is also a guy selling these on ebay kits and already completed ones

Clio 172mk2
nelson182 said:
Was it difficult to take front of the dash off??

well ive just took it all off and put it back again in under 20 mins

the lockwood instuctions were ment for the 172s , but here goes its fairly easy

behind the stearing wheel the top cover pushes up and unclips, then u see 2 screews take them out

on the air vents on top of dash theres 3 screws take them out,

either end of the dash theres 2 ****ty plastic kinda screws with plugs , pull them out

the siler strip next to yer wiper contol pulls off , and theres 1 screw take it out,

beneath the airbag theres silver strip pull it off and theres 3 screews take these out.

then the pillors either side of the window , grab the top pull outwards slightly , then u can see a clip push this in then rest pulls off. do same on other side

then grab the dash either end and pull firmly towards u , then slide it out.

then its just a matter of unclipping the 2 connections on the dial set.

undo screws on back of thereand u can get to the dials , straight forward from there on