ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Forester Sti

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
That sort of thing has been going on for years though. I remember going to RSOC meets 15 years ago and it was just the same, and cruises etc were no different. The only thing that's really changed is that people are videoing it and posting it online.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I quite enjoyed it, sat around having a beer, chatting to mates while watching a few cars leave from on the hill.

Beats being sat at home watching some shite on tv.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Charade Gtti and your Forester were the only things I'd want to own myself

How many powers of the Horse does the Forester have Jim ?
The little Charade was brilliant. As Jim says, the 'leaving' part is a bit ASBO, especially with the yobs shouting 'send it', but otherwise some really sound motors turn up, it's a good evening out.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Ha ha, I don’t think it’ll sell to be honest. Only got 19 watchers and half of them are probably people on here!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Maybe I am being weird and insensitive, but what do you get out of all this? You obviously had to pay out for the car, but even had to get on a plane and fly hundreds of miles to get it, then sort insurance etc etc, all to flog it again in a month. Surely that's just going to end up costing you a chunk of cash?

Different strokes for different folks and all that, but doesn't it drive you mad endlessly buying and selling? I remember having 3/4 cars in a year once, but changing is such a faff, especially if you're looking for something specific. Wouldn't it be easier to just buy something you like enough to keep lol

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe I am being weird and insensitive, but what do you get out of all this? You obviously had to pay out for the car, but even had to get on a plane and fly hundreds of miles to get it, then sort insurance etc etc, all to flog it again in a month. Surely that's just going to end up costing you a chunk of cash?

Different strokes for different folks and all that, but doesn't it drive you mad endlessly buying and selling? I remember having 3/4 cars in a year once, but changing is such a faff, especially if you're looking for something specific. Wouldn't it be easier to just buy something you like enough to keep lol

Just kidding. I’m presuming OCCBASD (Obsessive Compulsive Car Buying And Selling Disorder)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Maybe I am being weird and insensitive, but what do you get out of all this? You obviously had to pay out for the car, but even had to get on a plane and fly hundreds of miles to get it, then sort insurance etc etc, all to flog it again in a month.

Maybe I haven’t found the car I want to keep hence why I keep searching.

I enjoy buying and selling and viewing as well. I think it would be nice to find that special car that I want to keep but I’ve owned about 100 now and still haven’t found it.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several

I enjoy buying and selling and viewing as well. I think it would be nice to find that special car that I want to keep but I’ve owned about 100 now and still haven’t found it.

Given how many of those shonky old Volvos you've had, maybe you have found it but just don't want to admit it lol.

Fair play if you actually enjoy dealing with time wasters and trawling about looking at cars that are nothing like the and says. I can't be bothered with that anymore, hate buying and selling cars.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

2.5K on insurance admin fees alone!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
With all the messing about with insurance and tax, you could probably be in a Ferrari by now 😂

Insurance isn’t that bad as long as you go with a proper company and not a Micky mouse broker.

Tax is what it is. One of those things.

I often get my mates going on about how much I spend swapping cars and then they go spend £150 a weekend getting pissed.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Do it whilst you can! I love it still.
I hate going out, there's not one night when I've been out and someone hasn't started on me for no reason. Even when I was 16 there were 30 year old blokes would try and have a pop at me. Freaks

And then there's always one spastic c**t carrying a knife or some big hard bellend trying to start a fight with absolutely everyone. Would rather get wankered in my pants at home and then only have to go 10ft to my bed😂

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I hate going out, there's not one night when I've been out and someone hasn't started on me for no reason. Even when I was 16 there were 30 year old blokes would try and have a pop at me. Freaks

And then there's always one spastic c**t carrying a knife or some big hard bellend trying to start a fight with absolutely everyone. Would rather get wankered in my pants at home and then only have to go 10ft to my bed😂

Christ, I thought Pompey was rough 😂

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
When I first moved to Yorkshire in my mid 20s, I was expecting to see fights every night I went out (southerner complex), but couldn't have been more wrong. Used to love a night out in Wakefield. When I get to go out now, it's more often Leeds and it's great. Even had decent nights in Huddersfield over the years.