ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Golf

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It's not a golf r but on the flip side it is paid for and I do own it.

I needed something for the dog that did more than 15mpg (unlike the scoob).
For some reason I have always loved the mk4 golf 'wagon' so decided to have a punt on this.

It's the V5 170bhp version, far from fast but does make a nice growl when you floor it.

Coilovers fK at front and billies at the rear
R32 Xenon headlights
Some uprated brakes of some description
Leather recaros
Climate control
As well as some other bits I've probably forgotten.

All in all its a nice cruiser. It used to be on air ride and had a full paint at some point so the paint is pretty epic for a 15yr old car. The wheels are shagged and its crying out for some 'scene' wheels but I'm not sure I want to spend that much money on it.

Some pics;

8718188B-02EF-42B5-984B-EB927BD327C5_zpslzjy6o26.jpg

12AF8284-876A-4978-B0E2-9BA0CCFD9390_zpsuvcyivg7.jpg

473D7A60-EA6B-4576-BC6B-7654807A3FD9_zpsvcla957i.jpg

E56A6C63-8F3F-46CE-A840-CE7DD99C20B1_zpswew9kezy.jpg

C9AE2770-4622-4018-8872-EB773F4AEB20_zpsadfw9vw7.jpg

D98D27B4-1A9E-42C6-8A80-16C39A211143_zpsbez0xcek.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Is the nsr wheel on a squiffy angle or is it just my bad eye sight?

Looks clean mate :)

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
So have you got rid of the scoob now? I can't keep up with your change in cars haha.

I don't mind that for a wagon.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'll give it a fortnight. Theyre not much better on fuel than the scoob lol. Is it the 150 or 170?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
So have you got rid of the scoob now? I can't keep up with your change in cars haha.

I don't mind that for a wagon.

I sold the scoob as I wanted the s1 rally's that was on here but it sold. I'm happy with this though, gives me some money to free up the credit card.

#savinginreverse

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ah really that's sweet then. My mate used to see not much more than 20mpg in his.
It's had a engine swap for a 20v then I guess? A lot of people do it as it's easy enough.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Cleaned the interior up a bit today as it was a little bit rank.

Car also looked boss on the school run this morning...

4B48F212-592E-4CDA-A4EE-522F96AC4AE3_zpsnjbmxstc.jpg

8BBF08D4-DE3C-47D3-8956-7E514EDA6545_zpsb6wsdxhn.jpg

C7CDA448-A4E5-4CAB-8975-653B98256EB6_zpsj0gnjxqz.jpg

The seller still has the head rests so I should be collecting them at some point.

I also gave the engine bay a quick spruce.

C19AAD08-7EFF-4810-BDDA-4E7ED938F225_zpsvyp3u23q.jpg

A17E9492-D672-4D4D-BF23-595B0736D8E9_zpsuxegbvpt.jpg

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
You sure it's a 170? It's registered as a 150, and it looks like a 150 engine from what I can remember.

Not a bad motor either way.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
That is the 150 engine.
For the leather I'd recommend buying a flash magic eraser. Give the seats a quick wipe down then clean. It'll get rid of the shine and make the leather comfier.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ample for a family/dog cruiser anyways. :)
What wheels do you have planned?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Twists look great on them although a little played out. No need to mess with adapters with them too.
I remember seeing one on Rotiform Nue's that looked great.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I wouldn't use a magic eraser as suggested above. Fair enough on plastics but not leather. It's too abrasive for the leather.

If you're going to clean it use gliptone leather cleaner or equivalent.

I love these. There's a cracker on fifteen 52 wheels but I can't find it.

That is the 150 engine.
For the leather I'd recommend buying a flash magic eraser. Give the seats a quick wipe down then clean. It'll get rid of the shine and make the leather comfier.

I did the same thing on my Z4 seats when they looked shiny and the steering wheel. They came up like bloody new!

Might be abrasive but it sure works.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't use a magic eraser as suggested above. Fair enough on plastics but not leather. It's too abrasive for the leather.

If you're going to clean it use gliptone leather cleaner or equivalent.

I love these. There's a cracker on fifteen 52 wheels but I can't find it.
Really? All I did was one stroke and had no adverse effects in any way. Then thoroughly cleaned and treated. Not something I'd do regularly mind you.
I did the same thing on my Z4 seats when they looked shiny and the steering wheel. They came up like bloody new!

Might be abrasive but it sure works.
Exactly Matt. Mine weren't too dissimilar to Jims. Now they are perfect.

17816761149_a99d06f5b4_k.jpg

I'll just keep on top of them with gliptone now. Give it a try Jim.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I think the estate had a Bora front end in Europe and we got the Golf for some reason? I think the squarer front end works better with the estate shape.
2008aug01-4892781ae71cc.jpg

Not sure about Europe, but I'm fairly sure in North America the car was sold as the Jetta estate, hence getting the Jetta/Bora front end. I guess with the Golf being the stronger brand here, we got that front end. I dunno, that's my best educated guess. Could all be shite though .

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Not sure about Europe, but I'm fairly sure in North America the car was sold as the Jetta estate, hence getting the Jetta/Bora front end. I guess with the Golf being the stronger brand here, we got that front end. I dunno, that's my best educated guess. Could all be shite though .
I'm just going on the fact that if you Google 'Bora estate' you get loads of standard looking cars with European plates, like the pic I posted on German plates. :wink:

Probably right about the Golf being a stronger seller over here as they tend to like small saloons in Europe so the Jetta, Vento, Bora etc probably sold a lot better than here. They probably mod them to have a Golf front in Europe.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They look quite good on that!

(I thought you had a massive roof box, then I realised it's part of your house.... Ding dong! Lol)