ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Golf

Cup In bits
Quite like that, keep the original wheels but go full silver and an r32 bumper IMO, it would look spot on.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
9F3E22FB-6DFE-4A52-98FA-C4C370D7CC7D_zps6ec0hwff.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I did the same thing on my Z4 seats when they looked shiny and the steering wheel. They came up like bloody new!

Might be abrasive but it sure works.

Really? All I did was one stroke and had no adverse effects in any way. Then thoroughly cleaned and treated. Not something I'd do regularly mind you.

Exactly Matt. Mine weren't too dissimilar to Jims. Now they are perfect.

17816761149_a99d06f5b4_k.jpg

I'll just keep on top of them with gliptone now. Give it a try Jim.

Jesus Christ, both of you!

Gliptone leather cleaner and a fingernail brush. Flipping flash magic eraser? So abrasive, chances are it's probably taken half of any clear coat that's over the leather colour clean off.

Gliptone isn't abrasive, just requires a little effort with the nail brush.

New wheels are on;

9D823FC6-8108-437A-A185-E6EE0BDB4364_zpseyskvdqj.jpg

Really like that on those wheels, but it looks like a volvo. LOL

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Lol at all the 'scene' crap. What's the betting you have silver visions and all that s**t? Clio 'scene' is alright though I assume?

I'm not sure lowering and some Audi centre caps gets you full blown 'scene' membership Anyway. Needs more camber and rust to fit in these days.

No scene points I'm afraid it sits too high. No chassis notch I take it. If it's not scrubbing your not dubbing and all that!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
No scene points I'm afraid it sits too high. No chassis notch I take it. If it's not scrubbing your not dubbing and all that!

I think it's had the notch as used to be on air.

I'm looking to drop another 25mm on this height as it's not undriveable yet.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
A Subaru to a Golf eh? Interesting! :tonguewink:

It 100% will have had a notch if it was on air. Easily checked.

Will you be bringing the wheels out a tad?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Still got this (granted it is up for sale) but I still get amazed by how clean it is!

So far in my ownership I've sorted a fault with the airbag, done an oil and filter service, swapped and abs sensor and sorted a leak on the power steering.

Now it's more or less spot on and the V5 sounds ace.

47FCBC04-73DB-409C-BE41-B3D7857730B6_zps4slgwki0.jpg

30197AD4-2B7B-4671-A93E-5E46BE0179D7_zpsfyfh3dlp.jpg

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Still got this (granted it is up for sale) but I still get amazed by how clean it is!

So far in my ownership I've sorted a fault with the airbag, done an oil and filter service, swapped and abs sensor and sorted a leak on the power steering.

Now it's more or less spot on and the V5 sounds ace.

47FCBC04-73DB-409C-BE41-B3D7857730B6_zps4slgwki0.jpg

30197AD4-2B7B-4671-A93E-5E46BE0179D7_zpsfyfh3dlp.jpg

Can you link to the advert please Jim :)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Had this on eBay and had a fair bit of interest.

300CF9AE-9B42-4D5A-8AE6-EDD9EAE1BB33_zpsnewszcym.jpg

Guy came to view and left me an impressive £35 deposit. He seemed like a nice guy but wanted to view with his dad. His dad then proceeded to turn up a few days later and I knew he was going to be an arse. After over an hour of going over the car he returns and offers £300 less than me and his lad had agreed. No thanks and thanks for paying for my dinner with the deposit.

Got another guy who's given me £150 deposit now and he should be coming to collect tomorrow so hopefully should be going.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Lol at £35 deposit. Do get the odd old timer sticking down £50 on a car. I tend to trust them and so far so good.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It's a really good looking car!

How much was it advertised for Jim?

It's up for £1500 now on the freshly refurbed S3 wheels. It's the best paint work I've seen on a car which is amazing when you think it's 16 years old. If it was a bit more involving to drive I'd keep it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
£1500 that all? For some reason I thought it was £2500 ish, or was the price initially?