ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new GTI

172 Cup
Inneys and outies lol the pugsports, all personal preference to be fair :) The rs192 backbox was based on the 3 inch pugsport ;)

Im sure it will look good whatever you decide to do with it mate not many of them in that condition anymore :(

Love it! Excellent buy!

Thank you! :)

well done joey look like you got a minter ;) i want your camera lol

It really is Adz!! Mmmmm, you should get one - this one will last me for years and years and still be worth a few hundred quid. Good investment :)

Inneys and outies lol the pugsports, all personal preference to be fair :) The rs192 backbox was based on the 3 inch pugsport ;)

Im sure it will look good whatever you decide to do with it mate not many of them in that condition anymore :(

Did not know that about the 192 exhaust!

What about a Kam Racing system? http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.ph...ugeot-106-kam-racing-race-exhaust-system.html
Any experience with one?

172 Cup
Did not know that about the 192 exhaust!

What about a Kam Racing system? http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.ph...ugeot-106-kam-racing-race-exhaust-system.html
Any experience with one?

Yeah it was influenced by the Pugsport - There is only one sole UK importer of the pugsport and the rs192 :) Great systems for both cars

Ive heard they are loud and hang a bit lower than the Pugsports and pop alot, nothing bad about them really, i for one dont mind the poping on the over run :)

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Awesome little car man! Well done on the buy!

Plans sound good too, a mate had a GTi which was cammed and had a pugsport etc, popped loads and was QUICK for what it was.
Look forward to seeing how it gets on.

BG 182
very nice! loved my china blue even though for half the ownership was sitting on the drive dead! to many problems i here can go wrong with them

120d M Sport
Looks fantastic, great upgrade. I speak to Callum a bit and know its wanted for nothing.

I've got a diablo red W plater myself and have been really pleased with it!

One thing, please don't slam the torsion bar...They look shocking done like that and result in the beam becoming shagged!

keo

Clio Trophy
I loved my gti, wish i could get another decent one. Mine had induction kit, 4 branch and 2" pugsport, it sounded like a machaine gun on the overun, pop pop, bang, flames lol

n896190323_4709778_7290.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pops and bangs just from a mani and an exhaust? Impressive!

Yeah it was influenced by the Pugsport - There is only one sole UK importer of the pugsport and the rs192 :) Great systems for both cars

Ive heard they are loud and hang a bit lower than the Pugsports and pop alot, nothing bad about them really, i for one dont mind the poping on the over run :)

I wouldn't say no to some good old pops and bangs tbh! Decatted my old Clio in the hope of some pops, but got nothing :(

very nice! loved my china blue even though for half the ownership was sitting on the drive dead! to many problems i here can go wrong with them

Yeah! They're old & French, can't expect it to be perfect. Fairly sure I've got a good one though :)

Looks fantastic, great upgrade. I speak to Callum a bit and know its wanted for nothing.

I've got a diablo red W plater myself and have been really pleased with it!

One thing, please don't slam the torsion bar...They look shocking done like that and result in the beam becoming shagged!

It'll hopefully have the same amount of care during my ownership - no expense spared etc
Haha, don't worry! I was hoping not to touch the torsion bar at all due to them wearing out - but 20-30mm can't do too much harm!

I loved my gti, wish i could get another decent one. Mine had induction kit, 4 branch and 2" pugsport, it sounded like a machaine gun on the overun, pop pop, bang, flames lol

View attachment 51856

I'd love pops & bangs! 4-2-1 + decat should do it. It's not like I can't put it back to standard if it's a bit much..

Nose down stance is a must - see too many Saxo's with the rear slammed and the front in the air!

Astra Twintop
How much did it set you back? Seem to recall it being quite highly priced.

I can't ever see myself in one (6 foot plus and 19 odd stone, with the diddy pedal box!!)

Wow, for a 14 yo car it looks very modern.

They've aged quite well compared to most cars IMO.

Interior/dashboard is Very dated though! Not that it really matters...

How much did it set you back? Seem to recall it being quite highly priced.

I can't ever see myself in one (6 foot plus and 19 odd stone, with the diddy pedal box!!)

It was £2,300 including the plate in the end. Highly priced, yes - but much better condition than anything else for sale at the time. Well worth it IMO.

Yeah, pedal box is tiny! Didn't really understand what the fuss was about until I was pressing the brake pedal instead of the clutch :eek:

120d M Sport
Heres mine:

P1010568.jpg

Reccomend the 266mm brake kit and the Ecosse induction kit with green filter that I've got on mine.

Homo spec mazda
I love 106 gti's, was one of the potential options before i opted for mx5nesssssss. Gonna keep my eye on this :)

Heres mine:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/alexavfc10391/P1010568.jpg

Reccomend the 266mm brake kit and the Ecosse induction kit with green filter that I've got on mine.

Looks good, that! I like Diablo red.
Just been looking on eBay for 266mm calipers. Found a pair of 206cc calipers for £45 - might go for it...
Already got a BMC CDA which isn't too loud, but it's still quite throaty. Are the Raceland/Ecosse ones quite loud?

I love 106 gti's, was one of the potential options before i opted for mx5nesssssss. Gonna keep my eye on this :)

I opted the other way! Still want an MX5 though, so I'll be watching your thread too ;)

Homo spec mazda
Looks good, that! I like Diablo red.
Just been looking on eBay for 266mm calipers. Found a pair of 206cc calipers for £45 - might go for it...
Already got a BMC CDA which isn't too loud, but it's still quite throaty. Are the Raceland/Ecosse ones quite loud?

I opted the other way! Still want an MX5 though, so I'll be watching your thread too ;)

Lol see you on track at FCS and we'll compare projects ;)

yours is the same colour as i wanted too :(

120d M Sport
Cheers Joey. Funny enough your Clio was quite similar to mine too so we must share great taste!

The Ecosse only makes a din when you stab the throttle or once you're around and above 5k (best bit) lol

My brakes were off a 206 GTI which fitted straight on under the 14's though they are a bit of a squeeze....paid £70 for calipers with discs and pads with plenty of life left.

Ah yes! Very similar - Great minds and all that ;)

I'm going to go for uprated pads & discs, so might just be worth buying all the parts separately tbh.
Do you have wheel weights on the inside of your wheels? Apparently they might foul the calipers?

172 Cup
Theres not much room to play with, if you opt for rallye steelies you the 266mm kit will fit under them wouldnt advise the flat weights though.I used plain mintex disc's and 1188's on my s1 rallye 16v track car and didnt have any issues with brake fade etc...

Also i was looking and found a supersprint exhaust (thought this was the Kam-racing one at first as they used to sell them) looks more of the look your after ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres not much room to play with, if you opt for rallye steelies you the 266mm kit will fit under them wouldnt advise the flat weights though.I used plain mintex disc's and 1188's on my s1 rallye 16v track car and didnt have any issues with brake fade etc...

Also i was looking and found a supersprint exhaust (thought this was the Kam-racing one at first as they used to sell them) looks more of the look your after ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_wdsR2rB0o

Oft that's mint! Read quite a bit about supersprints. Well, everyone seems to rave about them!
Can't seem to find anywhere that sells them though?

Oh, and with the brakes, could some material not be grinded from the rear of the caliper if there's clearance issues? Or would that just weaken them?

172 Cup
Oft that's mint! Read quite a bit about supersprints. Well, everyone seems to rave about them!
Can't seem to find anywhere that sells them though?

Oh, and with the brakes, could some material not be grinded from the rear of the caliper if there's clearance issues? Or would that just weaken them?

Sound good dont they :) and look the part, Kam racing used to sell them but dont anymore, maybe worth seeing if theres any on the 106 forums, i havent seen them in a while to be honest but im sure they are still out there

The Carriers on the callipers themselves are quite bulky so i dont see why not, maybe worth just having the weights put on the far inner side of the wheel, less hassle then

They're the Kam Racing & Scorpion Pugsport ones. Supersprint ones are more expensive I think! :)

Sound good dont they :) and look the part, Kam racing used to sell them but dont anymore, maybe worth seeing if theres any on the 106 forums, i havent seen them in a while to be honest but im sure they are still out there

The Carriers on the callipers themselves are quite bulky so i dont see why not, maybe worth just having the weights put on the far inner side of the wheel, less hassle then

I'll just keep my eyes peeled for a second hand one tbh! I wouldn't mind any of the three exhausts really, it's just what's available when I can afford one.

Ahh I'll just get some cheap callipers and have a play then! The weights are only small - so it might work. Only one way to find out :)

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I think they're basically the same?
Kam-Racing did do them, and they were around the same price dude.

I was looking at one for my old Saxo.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Yeah, I think the old SS ones may have been cheaper you know...

IIRC, they did a road and race version, the race on was incredibly loud, popped every gear change on a cammed VTS.
Mixing and matching is the way forward tbh mate. I made my own straight through and welded it onto a Magnex backbox on the Saxo, lols.

172 Cup
I think they're basically the same?
Kam-Racing did do them, and they were around the same price dude.

I was looking at one for my old Saxo.

They are Kam Racings own exhaust, they look very familiar but have a outward rolled end like the Pugsport and are quieter, not much in them and the supersprint really and they are lighter :)

Like you said though see whats up forsale nearer the time be easier

If you ever need help mate give me a PM, ive owned Loads of 106 Track and road cars in the past working on them comes as second nature lol

S4 Avant
Looks tidy enough, and very clean. But does nothing for me.

See far too many around where I live with reverse rake, and driven by knobs.

A perfect example of an awesome car....... identical to my first gti,except mine wasnt that mint.

Cheers mate :)

Yeah, I think the old SS ones may have been cheaper you know...

IIRC, they did a road and race version, the race on was incredibly loud, popped every gear change on a cammed VTS.
Mixing and matching is the way forward tbh mate. I made my own straight through and welded it onto a Magnex backbox on the Saxo, lols.

ORLY? I know their manifolds are quite a bit, assumed the rest was too tbh!

What did you make the straight centre section out of? Just bang Cat out DIY style? lol

They are Kam Racings own exhaust, they look very familiar but have a outward rolled end like the Pugsport and are quieter, not much in them and the supersprint really and they are lighter :)

Like you said though see whats up forsale nearer the time be easier

If you ever need help mate give me a PM, ive owned Loads of 106 Track and road cars in the past working on them comes as second nature lol

Yeah, will do mate - that's kind of you! :)

Looks tidy enough, and very clean. But does nothing for me.

See far too many around where I live with reverse rake, and driven by knobs.

That's fair enough! They aren't for everyone.
I would have had a Saxo, as they're so much cheaper - but couldn't deal with the even worse image tbh.