ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new head light cold air feed

clio 172
Couple weeks ago i managed to break my headlight when messing around with the headlight level adjuster.
I bought a new headlight and had this spare ,my dad and i have been working on this together to make a cold air feed for when im on track ,its not quiet finished yet ,what do you think ??
6azuda6u.jpg

7umumezu.jpg

First attempt was poo so tuck it back to scratch
Ended up with this
eze9unep.jpg

a6ypyze2.jpg

First coat of primer
ezy6umam.jpg

Second coat
Hopefully be getting couple more layers of primper and then be going gloss black :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I think its the size of the main part that makes it look small...

clio 172
Not really a big job id just cut the hole bigger and bound a 100mm pipe on the back to secure the air feed pipe too. Will have a look into it

clio 172
na7are4a.jpg

The white is where i masked the indictor up the whole thing needs a quick polish and then at the weekend il gove it a trail run

172 Cup plus more
I have just been making some also, the plan was to fit a large rectangular duct into it like the cup race cars but it wouldn't fit well so ended up using the old headlight insert as a guide for the air which will do the same job as I have just got a ktr induction kit so should look like this when fitted

I didn't get the edges of the hole as straight as I wanted but every time I tried it looked the same and the hole was getting bigger lol but I think as headlight level it won't be as noticeable or I hope anyway otherwise I with have to make another

ety7y4y5.jpg

papumyja.jpg

Clio 197 Cup
Not sure it will work well mate,i think the air will hit the bumper and rise over the feed as its set back,it's also seems to be at the wrong angle,Ktec run a track car with blancked headlights and there feed is right on the front of the headlight,I'd bring the feed forward so it's the first thing the air hits

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Looks like a good job there! Only thing i might have changed is maybe chamfering it down to the hole rather than the flat area around the holeif you know what i mean? But looks great non the less!

387bhp RB Trophy SC
The qauilty of it looks crap imo. Looks as ruth as a pensioners ass. You need to sand it all back down from 300 grit through diff grades down to 1200 grit and skim all those shocking undulations out and spray with high build primer and then sand down from 600 grit back down again repeat till it's smooth as a babys ass then spray final coat on.