ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Miltek on 182

*Total mechanical/car novice*

So after being quoted 650 and 550 on a new exhaust system (as mine was rotted to hell and blowing) I got some great advice and help from a couple of forum members

Met a guy from the forums on Sat (really nice bloke) and he sold me a Miltek system for a good price (seems the way to go for a new exhaust)

I wasn't interested in power/looks or anything but this was a far cheaper option than getting a Renault one for tonnes of money.

The garage is fitting it for me tomorrow morning. After reading some forum posts about decats my concerns are:

-Will it pass an MOT?
-The garage said that they have to chop a small amount of one of the pipes up to fit it <-- what could be the reason for this?

It's not fitted yet so any advice would be cool

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
no it wont pass an mot. not sure about the second question

Da

Less
Did you buy a decat with the system? If the decat is fitted then the car will not pass an MOT.

Not sure about the pipe cutting as I've never fitted a Milltek sorry.

And there is no way to keep the standard Cat and fit the rest to it? (excuse me if that's a dumb question)

I bought a centre section and rear section (is the middle section a decat?)

M2 / Golf GTI
I'm not sure what you mean here.

You're on about an exhaust then you randomly bring up decats?

Are you fitting a decat or no? Without it, it will pass MOT. With the decat it wont as emissions will be too high so you will need to refit the cat come MOT time.

I think I had the wrong end of the stick after somthing the guy at the garage told me, looks like I'm not fitting a decat and that's why the middle section will have to be modified slightly to fit the cat?

Looks like the garage just gave me bum info

I'll make sure they don't chop it up and make it too short! :S

RENAULTSPORT 182
Just fitted the Milltek catback system myself and it is really easy.
Bought it from K- TEC Racing for £364 inc vat
The cat back system comes with all the fittings and the adaptor to fit to your old cat.
You have to cut the pipe from the rear of our old two back boxes to get it off. Do it yourself, it is easy.....save you loads of money
Use K TEC, they were really helpful I can tell you
Good luck

koi

Audi S1
is it an easy job to change the exhaust, just out with the old in with the new, or is it a garage job?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I did find removing the rear bumper helps also with the 'wiggle' ;)

RENAULTSPORT 182
Ok I agree sorry, this is easy with a 4 pillar hoist, but when underneath with a couple of jack stands, not so easy.
Cutting the pipe, just gets the job done quicker in my books, took me and a mate 45 minutes to do it

Lionel Richie
2 different ways of doing it, but if you don't cut it it also saves you £22 on then having to buy the clamp to put it back together again!

you can do it on the floor also, i just hate cutting them, especially when a new system from renault is nigh on £600!

RB 200 Cup!
i still cant get over how expensive they are from renault when aftermarket ones are so much cheaper

RS RIP
^^ + when seeing how fast a OEM Reno one will fall off at a junction or going over a speedbump because of ehh... ROT (!) process going on :mad:

Titanium 182 FF
Don't want to be a killjoy but check the quality of the welding on the system as mine has failed in two places on the rear silencers and i am in contact to milltek via the guys at k-tec who fitted for me back in oct 08 with the aim of having a new section fitted under the lifetime warranty,having said that it is a good sounding system quite at cruising speed but sportier when pressing on, i need to now cancel my engine managment light out after having it decatted as well!

Titanium 182
It should bolt straight onto your car. The std system doesn't need to be cut to get it off but if yours is buggered they may as well cut it off as its faster.