ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Passat

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Somewhat over shadowed today with the Lambo purchasing, lol.

Picked it up yesterday, 04 130 highline on 80K. Needs servicing, so that's booked in in 2 weeks for a 20K long life service and the cam belt, and then fingers crossed for some trouble free motoring.

Comments welcome.

Passat1.gif

Passat2.gif

IMG_1114.gif

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's the petrol, decided to give petrol a go for a while, after the diesel Mondeo.

Seems solid, and feels a lot bigger than the Mondeo, despite the fact it isn't.

Went to look at a couple, and I agree, the colour is definitely the best IMO.

Cheers mate.

Golf R soon...
Parents had one of these generation Passats, great cars, comfortable and never went wrong.

The 130 bhp 1.9 TDI felt rapid in gear too.

Either the Passat R36 or old W8 for me ;)

Never above 25mpg
Not disputing that Dan, just saying the top spec TDI has 130bhp too. Wisebuyers just confirmed for me:)

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Looks well!!

Thanks you

Parents had one of these generation Passats, great cars, comfortable and never went wrong.

The 130 bhp 1.9 TDI felt rapid in gear too.

Either the Passat R36 or old W8 for me ;)

It's the petrol, however I'm hoping for the German reliability thing to work out.

Nice barge.

Thank you.

Just done the first semi-proper journey in it, 40 miles. Was nice and comfy, the interior isn't as nice as the Mondeo - it still has a tape deck FFS!, however it is better built, and it's nice and quiet (helped by being the petrol I think).

Got to stick another couple of hundred miles on it this afternoon.

And the best bet, even being petrol it's showing 500 miles to a tank, so not hugely different from the diesel Mondeo.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
not bad at all, reminds me of mine with the leather and heated seats etc.

I had the big dawg 17s on it and a few other nice to haves

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
not bad at all, reminds me of mine with the leather and heated seats etc.

I had the big dawg 17s on it and a few other nice to haves

Might look at some VW 17's when I need new tyres, as I've seen some for £400 with tyres, and as all I do is sit on the motorway, I can't imagine the budget tyres will make a huge difference.

Great cars, not sure whether I would choose Passat or A4 if I had to choose a motorway barge, love both (parents having had both over the last twenty years, dad had two passat estates, best cars he had of that ilk).

Agreed, not a single problem from the passats, sold on tens of thousands of miles and not a single beat missed from engines, running gear etc etc.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
standard fit on the V6 Tdi!

i didnt like it either, but it was drilled into the boot, so that was it there for good.