ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new ride (iron stallion content)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well picked it up today and its awesome and proper warp speed quick. Lol ill get more detailed pics up tomorrow after I've gave it a good clean and polish.

image_zps2019d325.jpg
[/IMG]

image_zps9b205364.jpg
[/IMG]

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Thanks tony didnt know you were a biker.

It's a bit greecey on the roads up here today and it needs taxing so was just a quick ride today. The bike felt really good though with power everywhere. Can't wait for better weather.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, not a massive fan of the screen though.

Really want a bike again atm, everything is pretty expensive though considering it's winter.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I want a bike.

Id say wait until you were older Liam. I was gonna get my licence at 21 but decided I'd live longer if I didn't. 7 years on I still wanted it and did it. They are a great thing to be on though but dangerous.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Good mate even more so now I've got a bike. LoL

i think I saw you driving through durham a while back in your Clio. But can't remember last time we met up. Did the Clio live upto your expectations then? Ill teach you how to drive it if ya want ; ).

E92 M3
yer it probably was mate. and yes i love it. had it a while now though so planning on moving onto better things soon. And its fine i have taught myself. might not be as mad as you but am close ;)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
The modding bug has started. Here's my first purchase...
image_zps776c3d4d.jpg
[/IMG]

seem quite well made and only £28 off ebay. I know some will say don't buy Chinese rip offs but they have to be better quality than what honda put on as they must of cost at least 3 quid.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I've spent the last hour half on Youtube watching Yamaha R1 akrapovic exhaust videos. :eek:

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
riding, me and my mates used to go out on a Sunday and spend the day out going to Wales etc it was good but there seems to be a lot more idiots on the road over the last few years.

the bike is great, love v-twins that was the reason for getting it got some nice Akrapovics on it sounds awsome
DSC_0025-4_zps3bae409e.jpg

Clio
Very nice bikes the cb and aprilla.

Ive got a mint Z750 J1 need to put some pics on here keep sayin I'm going to but never do.

I feel the same as you thou M.C my mates are out every day in the summer and since I bought the zed I've done 1000 miles in 12 months. S.O.R.N mine now due to my first baby being born in march don't think mine will be used at all till 2014 at the least, carnt bring myself to sell it thou as I worked a long time to get a bike as nice as this one I have now.

I could sell it and the clio and buy a nice new R.S but I carnt buy another clio I said I would never buy another.

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Well i used to have a CBR600RR, which i found i didnt really enjoy all that much and i only ever used to use it when the conditions were perfect.

Im now rolling on a DRZ400 SM, which i absolutely love, the wide bars the light weight and ragging its all the time is great fun

2012-10-16134618.jpg

As much as i keep thinking R6, GSXR 600, i know i would be exactly the same as i was on the CBR, not comfortable and probably not enjoy it very much, so more power with wide bars and upright seating position for me ! Thinking Yammy FZ1 streetfighter or Kwak Z1000 maybe

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well even though I went all sensible with this buy I'm liking the look of the mv Agusta f3 for my next. Which is a very focused bike.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Few updates. Well I took the screen off which makes it look better and can't say I can feel more wind without it so score.
image-1.jpg
[/IMG]
annoyingly though its left screw holes so just put the screws back in to fill them.

next I fit my short levers. But the clutch wouldn't fit so that's getting sorted by the people who made them.
image-2.jpg
[/IMG]

then I received this the other day but haven't had time to fit it yet. Mmmm
image.jpg
[/IMG]

spent tonight cleaning the chain after riding it at the weekend and it looking rusty. Anyone who has done it will know what a joy it is but wd40 is your friend. Lol

VX220
Wd40 will clean it up but make sure you're putting proper chain lube on after.

Took the bike out over the weekend too. Don't think it has been out since september.

bikepics-2512488-full.jpg

Astra SRI/ Hornet
good stuff. that renthal sprocket looks the business.

I actually ordered the silver sprocket as I thought too much gold going on but they sent it late and upgraded me to the hard anodised one. Lol

thanks Laura they are a lot of fun.

Street Triple R
Hornets are great bikes, I rode all over Europe on my 2002 Hornet a couple of years back, perfect balance of comfortable and fast for me, riding through the swiss mountain passes, or the roads in the Black forest are memories that will stay with me forever

There is something about biking that you just dont get with a car, the whole connection with the environment just makes the experience so much deeper

Enjoy the bike mate :)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Hornets are great bikes, I rode all over Europe on my 2002 Hornet a couple of years back, perfect balance of comfortable and fast for me, riding through the swiss mountain passes, or the roads in the Black forest are memories that will stay with me forever

There is something about biking that you just dont get with a car, the whole connection with the environment just makes the experience so much deeper

Enjoy the bike mate :)

Cheers. Yeah people think its just a hornet but I had a little play with a Nissan gtr at the weekend and he wasn't getting away. So they are fast. Nail them upto 13k in second and third and it makes you wonder how they're even legal. Lol

Astra SRI/ Hornet
not yet, its all in the pipeline tho, CBT next month then direct Acess :)

I noticed a lot of girls doing it when I did my tests. I loved being on the bike even through learning so I knew it was for me. But it's not for everyone though so good luck and see you on the other side. Lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i love going on the back of them, and i used to ride horses so for me its the next logical step haha. plus id love to do some adventure riding

Disastra Coupe
Looks smart, i hate gold paint but it doesn't look too bad with it :) Don't worry regards the levers. I've got chinese CNC levers and they've been fine.
I actually had an aftermarket OE pattern item on my Ducati and that had a fault in the casting... Unfortunately we didn't spot it and the front brake ended up locking up and throwing me off. Safe to say when it came to fitting the chinese CNC levers on my Zed me and my Dad took great care in making sure the quality was good and that nothing like that would happen again.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Looks smart, i hate gold paint but it doesn't look too bad with it :) Don't worry regards the levers. I've got chinese CNC levers and they've been fine.
I actually had an aftermarket OE pattern item on my Ducati and that had a fault in the casting... Unfortunately we didn't spot it and the front brake ended up locking up and throwing me off. Safe to say when it came to fitting the chinese CNC levers on my Zed me and my Dad took great care in making sure the quality was good and that nothing like that would happen again.

Well turns out I'm gonna have to get a refund on the clutch lever. Got a bid on some titax ones on ebay atm but they're the long ones.

Megane R26
Nice Hornet, had one of those a couple of years ago, good fun bike and much more comfortable for most riding than a sports bike. I made the mistake of going back to a sports bike, and had to change again, currently got a Street Triple R.