ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Subaru

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Love it. Exactly the model I want. Shame Subaru lost the plot after this model and have suffered badly because of it. Stick a blitz nur spec r on it :cool:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
LOL! What does it do on a run?

I bought mine from manchester and did a full tank on the way home. The astra 1.8 petrol that took me there and followed me home did it on just over half! lol.

I filled it up outside Norwich and have done 225 miles so far with a quarter left. That's majority motorway miles of course with the occasional boot.

Im really liking it, I like that it's a big car that's fast. I also like that it's a bit 'look at me' while not been super chav. It's thirsty but I won't do more than 200 miles a month in it so can live with that. Insurance was £500 fully comp tthrough green light with all my no claims on my Audi so was quite happy with that too.

Overall, I'm pretty happy.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Love it. Exactly the model I want. Shame Subaru lost the plot after this model and have suffered badly because of it. Stick a blitz nur spec r on it :cool:

Is that the exhaust? I'm struggling to work out the good stuff from the bad at the moment!

Im ok with French but Japanese is a whole new ball game!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had a magnex on mine. Loud enough to hear the boxer rumble but not chav.

I've had a bugeye with an Afterburner Vortex thing on it and that was insanely loud. Could literally hear it coming from miles away! lol.

I had an Afterburner Vortex on mine. 4.5" tailpipe was fecking loud :cool: edit: that was made my Hayward & Scott too ^

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I had the afterburner vortex on my v3 Sti classic with Decat Downpipe and straight through centre section, was extremely loud but did sound immense but too loud to live with so changed it for a Sti genome back box

I had the afterburner vortex on my v3 Sti classic with Decat Downpipe and straight through centre section, was extremely loud but did sound immense but too loud to live with so changed it for a Sti genome back box
Mine was fully decatted with a straight-through centre and would shake the ground around wherever I was at the time. Insane but I loved it.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
My next impreza will have this like my old one. (It was imported from Japan)

get to the tunnel run if you're not too far.

Last edited by a moderator:
  WR1 impreza

Christ I start work at 5am as it is. The neighbours would batter me lol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Wouldn't personally have chosen that colour, but it's your car not mine!

That high level spoiler isn't my cup of tea at all either, other than that, awesome!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Wouldn't personally have chosen that colour, but it's your car not mine!

That high level spoiler isn't my cup of tea at all either, other than that, awesome!

I had a look at some blue ones and they looked good but were a little too scooby doo innit bruv for my tastes. I liked the look of the black ones but too much cleaning for me. I like the fact tat the silver is a little bit understated.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I agree with you, really like the silver. It's either this or a p1, chocolate p1 engines scare me, but special. Same sort of cash too. Need to drive one of the 05 Sti's to see how they compare to the modded classics and imports iv had.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely car :)

£4-5k for a UK STI???

Show me one, i'll go and buy it.

You'd only get an early blob eye as said for that sort of money if you're lucky :(

MY05 models are the ones to get like this one, the bits they changed on this model are worth it (wider track, DCCD, different diff, nicer wheels and dash imho), but you'll pay £7k+ in most cases. And got to be Crystal Grey for me :)

The ones I've seen that have been less have not hung around long, you do get the odd Hawkeye Sped D STi come up cheap (seen a couple not much over 6k pop up) but they too also sell quick before I can go look at them :(

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice purchase mate. I have always had a thing for impreza's. Not sure on that mid level spoiler though.

Ibiza SC
Nice that mate, almost identical to my sisters boyfriends which he got about a month ago. He lives up Clog Mill Gardens back end of Selby!

Took a ride in it other day, absolute beast.

Particularly like the silver on silver wheels on these.

itb182, 621bhp scoob
love it bud, i have the 05 sti aswell which is regarded as the best one as you have the wider track from the hawkeye and the stronger 2L engine which is far more reliable than the 2.5L, ive had mine over 3 years now and is now running 440bhp from the what was standard 305bhp, if your gonna play with it.....which you will get the bug as they are very tunable....dont scrimp trying to get cheap parts. If its not got the prodrive pack you`ll need a walbro 255 pump, cosworth panel filter (these are non oiled so wont upset the maff) and remap will take you to 330bhp easy with your vf35 turbo....get a good mapper like simon aka jolly green monster or paul from zen performance or martyn from enginetuner.....i wouldnt use duncan from racedynamix again if he did it for free. plus your pink 505cc injectors are good to around 380bhp at standard fuel pressure, happy playing bud and nice car ;)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice that mate, almost identical to my sisters boyfriends which he got about a month ago. He lives up Clog Mill Gardens back end of Selby!

Took a ride in it other day, absolute beast.

Particularly like the silver on silver wheels on these.

I was chatting to that lad before I bought it I think. A lad called fozzey?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Picture I took today;

8300846198_d019a33118_z.jpg

IMG_4722 1 by cobzy1, on Flickr

Clio 197
I had a magnex on mine (bugeye) and it was the best balance noise wise.

Are you going to fit the blob sti wheels or stick with the hawk ones you have now ?

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Not really had a look mate but I agree it would look better without it.

Mine had the same. Subaru installed it.
Serious body repair needed if you were to remove it mate. Unless its just double sides tape on yours, but guessing not.