ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Volvo 240

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Despite owing several volvos, I have never owned a 240.

Well, that’s changed now as I am now the proud owner of this late 1993 Volvo 240 2.0 8v.

Previous owner has had it since 1995 so I will be the third owner. I had to speak to him when the courier was there and he was choking up, 93 years old, bless him. Either that or he was having a stroke.

Recovery man sent me this picture so I’ll update when it arrives.

Im excited!

68196B54-0155-4E34-990F-5CB94CBF5518.jpeg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The massive rear windows reminds me of my Herald, I really like this one Jim!

What did it cost?

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
My dad taught me to drive in a 240 saloon. Had it years, then swapped it with our neighbour for a case of wine.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Another vote for a single thread for all of your purchases (and sales) - "Jim's Automotive Adventure", rather than one thread per car. I'd actually be interested in your full car history too :LOL:.

Love the 240, what's the mileage?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I do click on these threads expecting a continuation of one of the others, as I don’t realise it’s a new car/different model. Mad how many you get through!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I think these are a better looking car than the 740/940. A bit more character to them. I can imagine it's even worse to drive though, which probably isn't good lol.

Is it just another quick flip like the last one?

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
i have just been watching a video of a red 240 saloon with a 900hp twin turbo motor in it, mental and really cool

Edit, i think it was a 240

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Another vote for a single thread for all of your purchases (and sales) - "Jim's Automotive Adventure", rather than one thread per car. I'd actually be interested in your full car history too :LOL:.

Love the 240, what's the mileage?

That would just get confusing, people would never keep track.

You'd check in one week and he'd be rolling around in a silver 740. Next week it's a red 740, with something else just arriving.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Clayed, polished and waxed the front end. That’ll have to do for today. It’s like washing three cars.