ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Volvo 240

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks good. Is it fast?

Can it be fast?

It should be fast?

It’s slow but the turbo engine is a straight forward swap.

Ive actually got another coming on Friday which could be a potential donor.

7290ABC6-36B3-4013-B30D-1CA277BDA366.png

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Both of these sold (or provisionally) within two days must mean you've seen something else worth selling up for?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Who’d want a car that long? You only live once! That’s at least 6 940s.

Is there a risk of you owning every available Volvo in your budget at some point in your life do you think? If you get to that day what happens next, will you give up driving?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Is there a risk of you owning every available Volvo in your budget at some point in your life do you think? If you get to that day what happens next, will you give up driving?

To be honest, the good times are coming to an end with the volvos as prices are going a bit silly. Much like with the clios. When you remember paying £1500 for a good one, it becomes difficult to pay 2.5k for a shitter.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Just buy newer ones where the prices are lower?

Cheap V70 instead of a 740?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I suspect so. Having driven a 740 through the Alps to Italy, and a 940 turbo around much of the UK's exciting roads, I can't say I'm in a hurry to drive another 😂

Adored the 850 T-5 I had though, and my V70 D5 was a decent barge too, if a bit expensive for parts.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I suspect so. Having driven a 740 through the Alps to Italy, and a 940 turbo around much of the UK's exciting roads, I can't say I'm in a hurry to drive another 😂

Adored the 850 T-5 I had though, and my V70 D5 was a decent barge too, if a bit expensive for parts.

You clearly know a lot more about volvos than I do.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Forgot these old Volvos Jim boy, and get back into the 106 Rallyes. I want a Rallye so much but the prices now!! 😩

Honestly, all the cars I used to buy are stupid expensive now.

I used to buy rallyes for £500 and they’re now £5000. Nuts.