ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**my number plate**

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jamie3002/vwp?.dir=/my+clio&.dnm=rear+end1.jpg&.view=thttp://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jamie3002/vwp?.dir=/my+clio&.dnm=rear+end1.jpg&.view=t

id like for people to clarify my number plate please. as we speak my car is in the MOT centre, and that MOT centre has looked at my car and sed my plate is J11 DH-i was considering to go sumwhere else but cudnt b asked.

like the morons they are, they looked at my official DVLA documents which say J11 YDH, and he believed that wot he wrote down in 5secs (J11 DH) was correct and the DVLA had f**ked up

aaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh

no-they wrote down the wrong plate cos they didnt luk at it properly-he called me up and sed the DVLA f**ked up but he had cos he bleieved his scrap paper over 3 official DVLA documents

he also sed that the illegal numbers are ok but the illegal Y is unacceptable

so he is gona give me an advisory slip so he dont get done by the old bill-wish he cud pay as much attention on my car as his legal sh*t

Jay

So let me get this right..

He said the two 1s making the "A" is ok.. but that perfect "Y" is illegal? Hahahaha.

cud they b more dumb!

jus b4 leaving the garage i sed ill pick it up afta work at 5

the (fit) receptionist jus rang me and sed ur cars rady to collect now!

DO THEY NOT COMMUNICATE!!!

Spanner monkeys!! ;)

Although to be fair the Y is illegally spaced isnt it!!! Spose the guys just covering his back! Although why he thinks thats worse than the A is beyond me!? :)

Clio 197

Cant get away with any of that stuff here. They even outlawed the bolts this year, and we have to use frames or double sided tape to attach the plates now.

Nothing at all can be on the plate other than the official numbers and the EU stars and L.

Clio 197

Luxembourg. And the frames, if you use them have to be black with a yellow pinstripe around them.

Jay,

do the old bill pull you over for the spacing/lettering ?

cos its well illegal, just wondering if you get away with it.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 01 September 2003

So whats happening? Got an MOT Cert with the wrong reg on it?
This is an example of why we arent supposed to be messing about with our plates and are not supposed to tamper with the spacing and letters!!

I have similar spacing although nothing so dodgy as the two numbers!!

N8EL then a nice big double space followed by a furtehr letter, its supposed to be N8 then EL and the last letter but as long as they can read it they not too fussed, I have been sitting in the front of a motorway cop car while he chatted to me about my dubious overtaking and 86 mph in a 60, he said that he bet the plate was expensive, seeing as its practically my name, He was well impressed when he found out it was only £250!!! I love understanding policeman!!!

Although it has to be said when I had a bolt cover superglued over the middle of the 8 they didnt like that too much!!!

eddd-the bolt is superficial, its held on by sticky pads

cat171-i have not bin pulled over in the 7 months ive had the plate. police have driven by and luked and not done nethin. i can get in2 safend wid police road blocks ok too.

it is a dodgy plate...but its v me so im happy wid it...

Golf GTTDI 130PD

I think if it ever went to court as long as the copper could read what the reg was he wouldnt have a chance.

Clio v6

It is a nice plate and I believe those with JAY on them properly would cost a small fortune. I have seen a lot worse.

Good luck J/ \Y

JAY at the end costs minimum of £800

so i thought i cant afford that so ill make it up...

hopefully it wont come to that, goin 2 bournemouth uni soon so hopefully less police there or they wont b bothered bout it fingers crossed

J/.\Y