ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

# My Official Diary Of Ownership 2! - Liquid Yellow 182 #

Italian 3.2 V6
BenG - yea i am impressed with the new 182, 1st time iv give it stick since owning it. do u think its quicker to last 172? i think the better tyres made a difference considering the conditions. but yea i think i well n truly wore my pads down lol.

Tunst - u need to find a 1*2 for £45 ;)

Martin - cheers, yea the more the better tbh! oh n im sure ull have as much fun if not more! il put money on it ;)

cheers for comments guys :)

PSJ.

Clio 182 Trophy
BenG - yea i am impressed with the new 182, 1st time iv give it stick since owning it. do u think its quicker to last 172? i think the better tyres made a difference considering the conditions. but yea i think i well n truly wore my pads down lol.

Its hard to say because in your 172 you were right behind me all the time but with the LY you were hanging back a bit because of stones flying everywhere. I was giving it some considering the conditions and you were always in my mirror.
I can only really tell when im following so next time you can lead and well see whats what. That 172 was a weapon, I'll always remember that day I was following you past Alston along the B6277, we were going some that day !

That is the first time you have driven like that in the LY and the conditions were not perfect so you did f**king well my friend ;).

Love it.

Last edited:
  LY 200
For what it is that LY is a weapon on the straights mate! Make no mistakes about it!

If you ever get side by side i have no doubts it will be at least as good as any standard 182 but then it isnt quite standard itself is it!? ;)

I never did too much in the way of giving it stick but it did very well against an ST Focus that was trying to push me along a slip road upto a good number under my ownership!

It also pulled a fair bit harder than my new 197 does but that itself has already been proven to be ok with a standard 182.

Enjoy it! :cool:

Jay

clio sport 172
Looks like a good day looking at your pics. Defo coming next time befor i sell it. get another date fixed and let me know!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
lovely looking motor mate, by far my favourite colour for a 182

I really would love to see some tyre gloss on those tyres in your next clean pic session ;-)

Italian 3.2 V6
# UPDATE - Minor Detail part one #

Today i managed to finish early enough to be able to get started on giving the body work a good going over! I came home to the car looking like this... (due to run out in lakes sunday gone.)

car hasnt moved since and i wasnt going to drive it looking like this! lol.

so 1st was 1st and gave it a rinse and clean up with the following! (sorry forlack of pics in process of cleaning, was in a hurry before it got dark)

Once i cleaned, i then used some chemical guy tar and bug remover to get rid off all the major dirt and try and get rid of some of the tar spots to make claying easier! then rinsed car ready for the claying!

Car had loads of tar spots and you could feel the dirt which has embeded itself into the lovely paint work like so... (tbh i dont think its ever been clayed by the looks of things.) pictures dont do justice, couldnt get any good pics due to poor lighting :(

Freshly Clayed (not washed)

using this gear ;)

once all clayed.. (no gym for me tnyt lol) i gave it another good wash and dry to get rid of all the dodo lube grease.

Oh and My Plate transfer paper work arrived with new tax disk etc so i fitted my new plate ;)

here are the final results, Injoy!

On Sat im gona try and get part two done weather permitting. going to wash again obv and give it a good wax to seal it all up and start on interior! would of done tnyt but obv getting dark and cant to it all in one day as im a bsy guy this weekend.

Cheers PSJ.

Italian 3.2 V6
lol yea ino, been on the car for 3 hours so will have to do it tmrw in my own time, dont worry boss! it will be done ;)

LY 200
Stunning mate!

I wish i had, had the energy/drive/patience to get it looking like that when i had it - I was far too lazy and used to give the valetter down the road 40 gibs to do it a few times a year properly instead! lol

Audi TT 3.2
what a stunning colour, wish i had of held out for a LY insted of a RB.

the drop is nice and subtle aswell!

Italian 3.2 V6
JayR - LOL u lazy man! haha! still even tho, the paint work is in good nick, not many swirls etc, just needed a good claying!! ;)

Gib - 7 is my lucky number and HOD is for Hodgson (my second name) ..the x was just what i thought suited it and looked good :S lol.

davis88 - yea chuffed with the hight even tho its not much, and dont get yourself down, RB is also a stunning colour!

PSJ.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Beautiful bud! i recently gone out and spent a load on cleaning gear too...just wish i had a 182 now :(

Italian 3.2 V6
# UPDATE # A689 / A686 DRIVEN! #

Gave the car a wash this morning as it was a beautiful day... but then i got bored.. so i thought ill go on a little blast out on some unkown roads.. so i headed out towards Newcastle, 10min down the road i turned off at Brampton onto the great A689 which was about 20miles long, A VERY good road tbh, been on it only once before but wasnt as dry and as clear as today. then turned off onto the A686 which was even better, this was about 20-30mile long and again was great fun! plenty of great scenery and awsome sharp tight turns just what the 182 was built for! had a great couple of hours drive! hardly any traffic as all either which was a bonus!

Going to have do this more offen and try and get enough roads to make a day of for a local meet! heres some pics! sorry there not the best and there isnt many, was having to much fun driving! haha! injoy!

Still snow up here!!
3715705173a12238679152o.jpg

3715705173a12238679182o.jpg

3715705173a12238679211o.jpg

3715705173a12238679236o.jpg

3715705173a12238679263o.jpg

3715705173a12238679303o.jpg

3715705173a12238679378o.jpg

3715705173a12238679402o.jpg

Love that fact that this road is 10min away and i have a very good feeling i will be getting to know these two roads a hell of alot more as there so close and fun to drive!

Again thanks for all the good comments guys!

PSJ.

Italian 3.2 V6
Cheers tunst

Adam - the road is like a rally stage lol, that Corner pic you have quoted is one of 5/6 corners exacty like that bunched up together! Great fun especially coming back down it.

PSJ.

Italian 3.2 V6
# UPDATE # Interior clean! #

Havent had much of a chance to give an update lately tbh so i am sorry! but today i had a little spare time and the interior was getting a little dirty so decided to give it a clean! here are some pics of the finished result.

3715705173a12289796413l.jpg

3715705173a12289796456l.jpg

3715705173a12289796493l.jpg

3715705173a12289796520l.jpg

3715705173a12289796600l.jpg

3715705173a12289796645l.jpg

som pics of how she stands to show she is still looking lovely as ever!
3715705173a12289824118l.jpg

3715705173a12289824158l.jpg

when cleaning the interior i must admit i think it needs something done inside, I.e new RS mates with maby a Yellow trim or something... just to liven the interioir up.. or even plain black mats with yellow stitching and spray the interior trim yellow? maby? any idea's would be great!

Also went down to manchester yesterday with my cuz and his misses to pick up her new 225.. had a play with it on the way back and was gutted to know everytime it pulled from mine. was rolling in 3rd at about 50-60 then on the 3rd beep went for it and the 225 just pulls nicely from mine to about 2-3 car lenths before we slowed down. the 225 is standard aswell. hopefully it was a quick 225 as i have read some Megane RS's have produced just over 240bhp Standard.

but spirits were rised when i bullied a 2004 Champ White Type-R today :) gained on him in 3rd and 4th (only gears we were in aswell) before slowing down.

Cheers

PSJ.

Mini Cooper S
I want my old car bk now!!!! dam you 197:mad: lol! looking good as always piers! looking forward to the 11th.

Nashy

Italian 3.2 V6
Cheers! Got a nice little mod orderd for this weekend :) can't wait.

Yea roll on the 11th!

PSJ.

Italian 3.2 V6
U'll have to wait n see as it's a suprise ;) lol.

Lol I have some swisswax tyre dressing so will get that wapped on this weekend when I take some fresh snaps ;)

I like the idea of spraying dash trims.. Did it in my last 172 n looked the part.. We will see..

PSJ.

Italian 3.2 V6
Cheers guys. Unfortunatly my parcel didn't arrive on Friday or sat so won't be until next weekend now as I'm away this week with work :(

u never know, I might have a couple parcels arrive ;)

Gutted!

PSJ.

Mk1 16v 172 hybrid
Love the car mate it looks awsome. Were did you get your front number plate from and what size is it I have been trying to get one for ages like that.

Italian 3.2 V6
Cheers, It's from fancyplates website. Not sure on the size (mm) but there is a thread on the forum somewere about it.

PSJ.

RB One Eight Two
Absolutely stunning, LY 182's really do look the dogs danglies. Interested to know what you ordered...