ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Peugoet 208 GTI by P.S.

So I picked up one of the lease deals - couldn't really resist it at that price.

Test drove one just before signing the finance docs and thought it was great, so an easy choice - I was 50/50 otherwise due to every other new Peugoet sucking donkey gonads, and plus I'd be coming from the Golf R so I had a slightly warped view on what was good.

Anyway, some pictures...

27965917586_20e60fda95_c.jpg
Peugoet 208 GTI By Peugoet Sport
by Matthew Evans, on Flickr

27898334532_a1f40ab497_c.jpg

27965918436_b62216e31a_c.jpg

27387384854_479efef08c_c.jpg

27898334832_5c1277a3bf_c.jpg

27965918556_b7ae3b7176_c.jpg

27387385164_30ebd77709_c.jpg

Thought's so far? Dropped a wheel off at a refurb place for the Golf R (curbing), returned 50mpg on the first trip with aircon on (35 mile round trip) - can't say more than that. Got a decent amount of power, chassis feels great. The seats are amazing, I think they're better than the Golf - I drove the 208 GTI Prestige too, but those seats were awful - rolled around in them horrendously. These really grip you and are super comfortable.

Getting used to a manual again is the biggest difference, that and the auto handbrake... I definitely take those things for granted, but I'm sure I'll learn quick enough.

Awesome car so far.. :smile:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Those seats look lovely, and dash is nice too.. bargain!

What is the red cable through the middle?

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Smart that! Love those wheels, I didn't realise these looked this good. Those seats look so nice that I just want to...sit in them.

Oh that is a nice piece of kit that!

Good buy mate!

Cheers, bargain lease of the year imo!

Smart that! Love those wheels, I didn't realise these looked this good. Those seats look so nice that I just want to...sit in them.

I really don't want to Curb them though - matt black and has some inset red detail on a small part of it - gonna be replacement wheel if I do that lol!

Haha yeah, sooooooo comfy seats, and the amount you can lower them is insane, feels like I'm sat on the road - and I'm still 6ft!

The steering wheel is tiny too, hard to gauge how small in the pic.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I think i will defo be getting one providing it drives well enough. Going to test drive one tomorrow so we will see

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I really don't want to Curb them though - matt black and has some inset red detail on a small part of it - gonna be replacement wheel if I do that lol!
Didn't even notice the red detail on the wheels, one part of the wheel you definitely don't want to scrape. Parallel parking can do one!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Nice wheel/tyre and brake package! Is this a 30th Anniversary in disguise? (limited slip diff ?)

Interior is night and day to a Golf but doesn't look bad. Still not sure what they were thinking with the instrument cluster though.

Looks ace, really like what Peugeot are doing with there Hot Hatches these days!

My mate had a regular GTi and i thought the Interior was better, screwed together than my ST and better Plastics etc. Was just little unreliable, and only made 160-ish BHP on Two Rolling Roads. But still like the 208 as a package, in P.S guise its quite a package lol.

Subscribed!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Nice wheel/tyre and brake package! Is this a 30th Anniversary in disguise? (limited slip diff ?)

Interior is night and day to a Golf but doesn't look bad. Still not sure what they were thinking with the instrument cluster though.

Yeah got LSD too - essentially 30th in disguise yeah :smile: ridiculous spec for the money (5k/year lease was £138/m)

I would say the Golf has a slightly better interior, but this has better seats. Instrument cluster is a weird one, steering wheel position can sometimes obstruct it too as it's quite small - but I've got it in a good position that is comfortable and has no obstruction :smile:

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
That looks awesome, cheers for the advice back in March.
After pm'ing you & Git, never even sitting in one as rare as, just placed an order.
Mine arrives soon in Red.
Them photos were what I wanted to see as the brochure is pretty pants.
Need some more feedback ;)

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Wasn't sure why you would go from a Golf R to a pug when you mentioned it in the lease thread.

But I must admit I really like that, looks quite playful in away. Good choice!

LOL! I got sent that earlier, had to rewatch it all lol!

What spec are these? 2.0t or 1.6t? LSD as standard?

1.6T - 210bhp - LSD only on the By Peugoet Sport edition :) Brembos on this edition too

The new 308 GTi looks like a bit of a tool as well, it has the RCZR engine (270bhp) and - fancy diff also!

It looks a beast! Same engine as this iirc, but 270bhp instead of 210, pretty insane! I must admit the 308's are a lot smarter, but didn't see any deals around.

That looks awesome, cheers for the advice back in March.
After pm'ing you & Git, never even sitting in one as rare as, just placed an order.
Mine arrives soon in Red.
Them photos were what I wanted to see as the brochure is pretty pants.
Need some more feedback :wink:

No worries :)

Wasn't sure why you would go from a Golf R to a pug when you mentioned it in the lease thread.

But I must admit I really like that, looks quite playful in away. Good choice!

Cost more than anything, other priorities :) this is less than half the price and I'm not sacrificing that much.

Looks smart! Nice choice bud.

I'd have one of those over an ST any day!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Agreed, I actually saw an ST interior a few months back and it was a lot nicer than I thought it would be, but I still think I prefer this :)

Mine should be coming late July, very excited! Those wheels, were they the basic package or did you add that on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk