ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Ph1 172 On Ebay £1 NO RESERVE!

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It's quite a smart move really. People are usually greedy and think they can start a car off high and people will just buy it.

Starting low lures people in. 'I'll stick in a low bid, if I don't win, no bother' and those people carrying on bidding because they're attached to it. You might not get top money in the end, but I bet you get more this way than you would have if you'd started it at a grand. You almost certainly wouldn't have any bids yet if you'd started with a higher price.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   1
It's quite a smart move really. People are usually greedy and think they can start a car off high and people will just buy it.

Starting low lures people in. 'I'll stick in a low bid, if I don't win, no bother' and those people carrying on bidding because they're attached to it. You might not get top money in the end, but I bet you get more this way than you would have if you'd started it at a grand. You almost certainly wouldn't have any bids yet if you'd started with a higher price.

i'm going to do this from now on, even with simple little things. just pull them off if they dont get decent bids or set a low starting price i can live with

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I start everything like that. 14p, 78p, 42p... Just whatever I bash on the keyboard at the time.

I know enough people with eBay accounts in various areas of the country should something valuable not reach it's intended target! Lol.

I used to have a shop. I would have the same items in the shop and via auction. Regularly people would keep bidding and pay more than they needed to, just because they'd started bidding and got carried away! Idiots :D

Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
If it makes crap money on the last day, can I pull the plug? I covered my arse saying its advertised elsewhere.

Trader Rating - 96.3%
26   1   0
  RenaultSport 172
Listing fee? Yes. Unless someone buys and then doesn't go though with it and you report them as a non paying bidder.

Trader Rating - 100%
15   0   0
If it makes crap money on the last day, can I pull the plug? I covered my arse saying its advertised elsewhere.

As far as I know, if eBay see this they can end your auction. Something to do with if you're selling it with them they want full rights to sell the item?

I could be wrong...

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had an ad pulled when I said it was advertised elsewhere. No reason was given. Just an email saying the ad had been withdrawn by Ebay. I'm sure if you google it you'll find some FAQ's and answers to that.

If you didn't want it to go for too little you should have but a reserve or start bid price. I don't think it's right do decide half way through that you're going to bid it up. Either remove it and start again or accept what it goes for.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Maybe a 172 Cup..
£1400 and 5 mins to go!! Still no reserve and for sale to highest bidder Gaz? (not me I add)

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Maybe a 172 Cup..
Is that it then GAZ, sold for £1400? Someone has got a bargain, or not, depending how you decided to play it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Astra SRI/ Hornet
I know when it's your car it's abit s**t but I think people forget eBay is an auction and if say the car is worth 2k realistically 1400 isn't too bad of a price. Would you buy a car without seeing it? I wouldn't so it's a big risk.

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
doesnt look like anyone from 'down souff' decided it was worth a trip to 'tyre kick'.

One of the downsides of ebay - geography is key