ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Poo whipp. Subtle was the idea

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah I need new specs lol, mine are ariund 12 months overdue.
The bumper aint sprayed properly yet, just trying to grt the right shade s I mix the paint myself.
When I get the correct shade tge kit will be sprayed properly.
Excuse my spelling and grammar, using a tablet which is a nightmare to use on forums.
Am getting confused to what Im doing with the car because the reaction its getting is worse than I expected. I new it wouldnt be liked much but not at this level of dislike. Might spend tomorrow smoothing my original bumbers. Especially front bumper.
I dont know, just deflated a bit I guess.

to be fair, any car like this will get the same if not a very similar reply "can appreciate the effort, but why God, why?!"

and nd to be honest, it's just the opinion of a few people online, if you're happy with it, carry on. If you want to listen to Cs (which like it or not, is usually correct, we just don't have good arguments sometimes :eek:) then I'd recommend smoothing the original bumpers and making it OEM+ that will look much tidier, won't be as embarrassing to drive around and will get a much better response in general.

HTH

Clio 182
If I had pics of my first build you would laugh like mad spexx.
alot of us have done builds that didn't come out how we planned but its how we learn to play with cars, fair play for giving it a go and if you like it then who cares what the rest of us think.
Enjoy your car man.

RB Clio 182
Yeah I need new specs lol, mine are ariund 12 months overdue.
The bumper aint sprayed properly yet, just trying to grt the right shade s I mix the paint myself.
When I get the correct shade tge kit will be sprayed properly.
Excuse my spelling and grammar, using a tablet which is a nightmare to use on forums.
Am getting confused to what Im doing with the car because the reaction its getting is worse than I expected. I new it wouldnt be liked much but not at this level of dislike. Might spend tomorrow smoothing my original bumbers. Especially front bumper.
I dont know, just deflated a bit I guess.

If you like it mate then thats all that matters tbh, f**k everybody else, but you have got to accept people will have different opinions and unfortunately most people on here dont like the max power 90s look :(

Arctic 182
You crack on & keep it up mate. Live your dream & get it out your system. I passed at 24 (will be 26 in March) & like you, got into cars when the scene was all about kits, chromes & Max Power! I had ideas of cars I wanted & what I wanted to do but never did my test. Got a mk1 clio as a first car & did small bits but never went mad.

Anyway, to be blunt the scene has changed now. Kits, ETC have gone out the window for OEM stuff, clean lines, simple mods, & the whole less is more thing. I can completely understand why your doing it, I didn't have the chance to do it when I was 17 so I want to do it all now. Only difference is I've restrained myself lol!

I've still put an exhaust on my 1.2 Clio (ph2) because I wouldn't have been happy unless I had been there & done it! The guys on this forum are very like minded, & the even the younger new drivers read from the same page. Otherwise you just look like another knob head boy racer parked up in Macdol giving it revs!

Do what you want, fit your kit & all the other bits. You honestly won't be happy until you've done it & experienced the ups & downs of modifying a car. What people are trying to get across (albeit negatively) is things are different now. Everyone has been there though, but moved on. Keep the audio though, you can't beat a s**t load of bass!

Stay on the forum if your keeping the Clio. It's a great source of info & banter.

All the best. Live the dream!!

Chris.

clio 1.2 16v express
Yeah I think my massive collection of max power, redline and fastcar magazines played a big part in this.
And none of them are a recent issue. The constructive comments are great, they help me a lot and hopefully help build a nice car.

Last edited:
  Arctic 182
They would do mate, I had countless copies of max power! The modders bible & all the rest lol. I wanted this Mynheer fiesta so much!!

u8ymyged.jpg

But since getting on a bit, getting a Clio & joining this forum it's all changed. Now it's all about these!! (pics taken from forum, apologies I can't recall the members name!s)

rysyne9y.jpg

6u6egaqe.jpg

Last edited:
  Arctic 182FF
In keeping with common Cs opinion, I'm not a fan of the bodykit. You started off well with the wheels in my opinion, keep going along those lines and you'll be onto a winner. You've got a good base to modify there, I personally wouldn't have gone for quite so much blue inside but it's an interesting idea. If I was you I'd smooth the standard front bumper so that it's all the one colour, no horrible grey inserts. Get a 172 rear bumper, colour code the rest and maybe lower it a bit, that should quench your need for modifying and give you a very smart looking car.

People on here seem to be very like-minded when it comes to mods, more than your average group of people. But they are right most of the time, there are certain mods that everyone does and it tends to be for good reason.

Best of luck with your motoring, hope you enjoy your car whatever you decide you want to do with it.

Clio Rs 200T
I'm not a fan off it, the wheels I like and being a fairly new clio owner I wouldn't put any body kit on it just ruins it I think. But its your car as long as you are happy with it........

clio 1.2 16v express
Aaahhh right, thanks Mendizmo, I kinda see a bigger picture now. Being an eighties baby, growing up in the late 90's 2000+ i've grew up seeing fully kitted out cars. So as a young boy its what's been embedded into my brain as cool. Falling in love with bikes distanced me away from car culture which it seems has changed Rapidly. I noticed after a long night of googling its all about stance with minimal body mods, maybe a front splitter and spoiler.
I know i need to go subtle but the want for a fully kitted out car is still too much.
I think its something i need to do to avoid ''ruining'' any of my future cars. Learn from your mistakes type of thing.
So....i'm growing a pair of balls, ignoring the negative comments and.....(cant believe i'm saying this)....Bringing the old skool pimpin back :eek: :lolup:
Thread is being carried on if you guys let me that is.

Clio 197 F1
The 1 thing I don't understand is that at 25, with all the money you're throwing at this, you could probably buy AND insure a mid range 1*2 surely? I'm 23 and I've got a R27 insured for under £600.

IIRC - I don't think Pass plus will make the slightest difference at your age, I didn't do mine at 21 when I passed as I worked out I'd not break even for 10 years+ on the insurance saving.

If you want my advise, take it or leave it. Put the original bodykit back on, lower it 50mm and put some spacers on. The wheels look fine, actually a mix between willy wheels and 182 wheels. Take the gash led ''neons'' off the bottom of the car before you start getting called brian o conner and leave it at that.
you'll attract all sorts of bad attention with your car looking like that, not to mention the police pulling you over with a whiff of sight.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The 1 thing I don't understand is that at 25, with all the money you're throwing at this, you could probably buy AND insure a mid range 1*2 surely? I'm 23 and I've got a R27 insured for under £600.

IIRC - I don't think Pass plus will make the slightest difference at your age, I didn't do mine at 21 when I passed as I worked out I'd not break even for 10 years+ on the insurance saving.

i was about to say "you b*****d" but then I remembered this years renewal was £500 odd with the gf on lol :eek: being old is coming too quickly. Just turned 23 myself

clio 1.2 16v express
Wow my insurance ain't nowhere near that. The cheapest quote i've got so far is 1400 a year. Thats by putting mummy n daddy as named drivers, on my own cheapest is 4200 on a £300 car I would never claim on if written off.
Too many cars on here kinda look too similar. Just another clio with painted wheels it kinda seems. Definatley going all out with it except front bumper is being replaced with smoothed oem item. The sport bumpers are kinda boring, its like everyone has them which defeats the point of personalisation/modification in the 1st place.
I dont know who cliogerbil, any links to his build?

clio 1.2 16v express
IMG_20131214_124822_zpsd0ef89d6.jpg

Used 2 self tappers to secure the spoiler and now molding som cellulose putty to blend and bond the spoiler more permanantly. blue carbon fibre vinyl is a base for the black vinyl chequred look. Basically making a chess board roof

Last edited:
  clio 1.2 16v express
IMG_20131214_185507_zps3025de8a.jpg

Night shot of the jbl amp, fusion speakers and twin 12'' subs. Still playing with the led setup. Want it enclosed in a see through box in the end

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Sorry, but can't understand why you are ruining what looked like a car in pretty decent nick. I'm 18 now, but when i was 14/15 & someone was seen driving a car with a big body kit on, let's just say they didn't get complimented on it. Don't mind the audio mods nice to see people that still do audio mods tbh. But not a fan :(

Clio 197 F1
i was about to say "you b*****d" but then I remembered this years renewal was £500 odd with the gf on lol :eek: being old is coming too quickly. Just turned 23 myself
Lolol, I only bought an R27 because it was cheaper than re insuring my 1.6L Megane at the £900 most places wanted. Makes no sense at all.

Wow my insurance ain't nowhere near that. The cheapest quote i've got so far is 1400 a year. Thats by putting mummy n daddy as named drivers, on my own cheapest is 4200 on a £300 car I would never claim on if written off.
Too many cars on here kinda look too similar. Just another clio with painted wheels it kinda seems. Definatley going all out with it except front bumper is being replaced with smoothed oem item. The sport bumpers are kinda boring, its like everyone has them which defeats the point of personalisation/modification in the 1st place.
I dont know who cliogerbil, any links to his build?
Both my parents are on mine as I'm on both of theirs too, 4 people driving in our house and only 3 cars makes it convenient. £4200 is insane, sounds like their lubing you up for a good session.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
this thread has made my night!!

it looks like exactly what id have done to my clio when i was 18 if i had the money!! thankfully i could never afford to have paintwork done so i never got a body kit. but the interior looks similar to how mine looked! :D

i now look back and laugh at what i was thinking. and im sure you will too.
but make hay while the sun shines, if you like it, keep it up!! i kinda want to see what the finished product is going to look like!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Blimey! I personally think you got a bargain there for £300, I would've kept it at that.

Nice to see you getting stuck in though mate :).

clio 1.2 16v express
Tried to make the twin dtm pipe more subtle, so it doesnt poke out as much. I've placed it at an angle, why....just like it.
Battery getting a slow charge as i'll be fitting another one in the boot. When i do the setup i want to have 2 batteries with the same voltage level/charge.
Think i'm going for a full install. Nothing mental, just a loud sound system to drown out the w@nker shouts from those who oppose my taste. Lol
Anyway....been quoted £230 more a year if i declare all mods so its getting done. An engine transplant is Definatley on the cards now.

IMG_20131220_151414_zps340c5b6f.jpg
IMG_20130929_173557_zps4dce786e.jpg
p://s1new jvc 6 1/2'' midrange speakers uptop
IMG_20131220_145948_zps6da9fe31.jpg
[/URL] team hecko wind deflectors growing on me, might and i mean might colour code them to the car colour. Idea at the moment.
IMG_20131220_151255_zps63d83e3a.jpg
IMG_20131220_142912_zpse2a4e493.jpg

Ph1's come with a chavvy body kit as standard though ;)

Probably why i Like it

Last edited: