ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Powerflex Dogbone opnion.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Had it 5 days/ 400 miles

Gear change is so so so much better.

Vibrates on idle

I imagine with the air con at idle it would annoy me, but i don't do much traffic driving.

I think if the idle was raised to 1100RPM it wouldn't vibrate all, I belive remaps up it to that anyway?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I posted something retarded.

Luckily I edited it before anyone noticed.

Clio 172mk2
i think first few weeks dash vibrated on mine from cold on idle. but it seems to have settled in now and doesnt vibrate any where near as bad

RS RIP
it's a good un he !? :approve:
Check the bolts now + then to check if all is holding on well

Lots of haters of the Powerflex dog bone mount on here, for some reason.

But i am with you, its worth the slight vibration/if any different from standard. For the improved gearchange

Megane RS 250
Got them, no dashboard vibration. The gearknob vibrates a bit more.
At idle, even with the aircon on, I can't tell the difference.
Car is "tighter" on throttle on/off and gearchange is more precise.
It solved the 182 manifold banging on the ARB.

The Vibrations do settle down abit eventually but it'll always be there. Only thing that annoys about it sometimes is it rattles anything that's in the glovebox. As you say though it's improved gear changes.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Loved the change in feel when i got mine and the rest of the mounts changed to new standard ones. The gear change was 10x better and everything else felt so much tighter and nicer. Think the engine was on a pendulum before lol. Makes you realise just how sloppy it had all got before... Any vibrations on mine went after a few weeks and just got a slight one at tick over now. Hardly ever notice it now after about 7 months.

Ph1
Matched with the mounts and sorted suspension they make the car feel really tight and together. Well worth it imo

197 FF Glacier White
Best money I've spent on any car in a while! My Cup is quite low mileage at 40k, when the dogbone came off it looked fine, better than fine to be honest, but the Powerflex has tightened up the entire front end, and it was already tight. I got it to potentially solve a slight knock I got every now and then, it has done it seems, but also the gear change is SO much better and the low speed throttle/clutch control I'd had to develop is no longer needed! It's a good Mod, if you can live with a little more vibration then get it done, you'll be smiling. What makes it better is it's cheap too!

172 cup
about 6 months from fitting mine, the vibrating does settle a little after time. But dosn't bother me to be honest, would only bother me if I wanted the car OE, but its far from it. Remap does make the idle smoother so probs will smooth it out a little but mines already mapped so couldnt compare

monaco 172
I noticed no difference other than a little better gear change. No extra vibrations but that could be cos my remap upped idle slightly

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
My ktec exhaust keeps blowing at the cat join and i've looked when revving the cat and the engine move quite a bit. Would a powerflex dogbone mount help ??

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
A powerflex dogbone lower engine mount would certainly help. The lower mount usually controls the most movement. You may also find that your exhaust mounts are very worn as well. If you do get new rear mounts then the official renault ones seem to be a lot stiffer than the copies from experience..

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
got mine yesterday
painted and mounted it today

still not sure what it does except vibrating the hell out of my dash...

Vibration will go, i don't even notice mine now. Seriously can you not tell the difference in the gearchange and the fact the engine doesn't feel like it's moving about?

Clio RS
yeah, gearchange doesn't feel to bad now.
gave it a full trottle this evening and it did feel quick response

how ever, with the snow...

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Just waiting for mine to arrive from KAM, i've been waiting all week :(

Megane r26
My ktec exhaust keeps blowing at the cat join and i've looked when revving the cat and the engine move quite a bit. Would a powerflex dogbone mount help ??

Same problem pal only under hard thottle i've brought a dogbone mount too jus waiting for this snow 2 f**k off!