ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Primer Coloured Fiat 500

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Afternoon CS,

As plenty of you know, I got rid of my valver a couple of weeks ago. Gutted, but I really wanted something a bit newer. Anyway, last weekend I picked up it's replacement:

8238452758_3373fd2170_z.jpg

I was actually potentially eyeing up Clio 200's for next year until ClioToby posted a thread about 500 Abarths. I've always liked them, so thought I'd look into them further. I spotted a decent specced 2010 model in the only colour scheme I'd own one in - Campovolo Grey with red detailing - so gave the dealer a bell. Never one to dither about, 10 minutes later I'd put a holding deposit on it.

I've had it for a week now and it's bloody brilliant. Huge fun to drive and although not an Esseesse model, it doesn't hang about! Yes, the suspensions hard and there's hardly any room in the rear for adult passengers but I don't really care, it's a right giggle :)

I spent yesterday giving it a winter detail and it's come up rather nice, if I may say so myself:

8237409681_82e4a15d9b_z.jpg

8238473580_13a471df38_z.jpg

8238437642_4f168c7a0b_z.jpg

8238429968_f99339fe9c_z.jpg

8237388269_d8ff9ac94e_z.jpg

8237392709_77d7aab917_z.jpg

8237396561_af9fa81f70_z.jpg

8237401189_93ca3ec206_z.jpg

8238444858_61bb2a6e99_z.jpg

8237380605_79c5e751a5_z.jpg

8237373057_6506037167_z.jpg

8237344005_6fd2889231_z.jpg

8238417164_53bbc40553_z.jpg

8237357131_e60e22b179_z.jpg

8238421676_4d0fb11dfa_z.jpg

A few people have asked me what the standard exhaust sounds like, so 'm just in the process of uploading a video now.

Hope you like it, although I do appreciate that the car's very marmite.

Cheers,
Luke.

Petrol Blue 182.
Green Park? No Invite? :( Looks great mate. We'll have to meet up so I can have a nosey around it soon.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Nice choice Luke...

s**t colour... :rasp:

Let me know how bored you are of the 'primer' references when I see you. :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Superb Luke! Love the colour!

Only little issue for me (coming from an ex Frp owner :eek:) is the rear arch gap. Seems to sit perfect at the front.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks good luke! Big change from the valver no doubt, I bet having a dry footwell is a novelty.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a fan of these although for me, no scorpion on the bonnet and the stickers off the roof would make it much better. But then its not my car! :)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Love it dude!

Love the leather in these, they seem such high quality, the leather in my punto was fantastic.

Sometimes still wish I had bought one.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers chaps! Chuffed with it.

I absolutely love that Luke.

And you are cracking with that camera :) is that with your 50mm?

Thanks Chris. Yeah mate, mixture of 50mm, 24mm 2.8 and a few 55-200.

Green Park? No Invite? :( Looks great mate. We'll have to meet up so I can have a nosey around it soon.

Sorry mate, was a spare of the moment thing! We shall indeed.

Lovely. You about next weekend, want to see this mobile.

I can be mate, still need to do pics of the flamer!

Nice, big fan of the colour. My mate has Lynden's old wheels if you ever need some let me know ;)

Cheers Sam. What wheels did he have mate?

Superb Luke! Love the colour!

Only little issue for me (coming from an ex Frp owner :eek:) is the rear arch gap. Seems to sit perfect at the front.

Lol, yeah the rake doesn't suit it as well as the Trophy, that's for sure. There's a company that's down the road from me that make rear springs for them that lower it slightly, £100. May be worth a punt but don't want to compromise the ride any furher, it only has 20mm worth of travel as it is, lol!

I'm a fan of these although for me, no scorpion on the bonnet and the stickers off the roof would make it much better. But then its not my car! :)

I really like the roof, but completely torn on the bonnet! We'll see.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Sweet, I'll text you in the week, Sunday Afternoon is probably best mate. We'll get some shots of both, flamer is caged and I'm loving it. Want a passenger ride in yours, looks awesome.

Ryan - if you're about then trundle along in the ph1 :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That's a very nice car mate, especially for someone who looks 14.

I'd buy one for my Mrs but its a bit too homo for me.

Got any plans for it mate?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I echo the Giraffe! lol

Sounds like a tractor on start up! :quiet:

Countryman JCW
Love the car... Does anyone else think they sound just like an R5 GTT or is that just me?

any performance upgrades planned? A remap has got to be on the cards surely?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
stunning

i saw one a few years back at the ring on coilies and those alloys that you cant see the brakes with like steelies but not (if you know what i mean) dub scene i guess and it looked cool as foook

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Nice one, we've got one in the same colour but with the petal wheels, will have had ours for two years in march. Only problem we had so far is a sticking seatbelt. It's our second 500 and 5th fiat.

I keep thinking of getting a TMC tuning box for ours but have't got round to it yet.