ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Racing Blue 182 Project.

Hi guys, I'm finally back in a Clio!

Some of you might remember my first car:

5927117732_0f3e7841da_n.jpg

It was a brilliant first car but after getting a years NCB I fancied something else...

6955715831_1731930c3c_n.jpg

The Golf was good but I soon got bored of a diesel and crap handling...

Now with 2 years NCB, I could finally insure an RS :D

7920073896_c424108876.jpg

7920073946_cc51635030.jpg

My Racing Blue FF182 with 46k on the clock, belts & dephaser have been changed recently so all good.

My Plans:
  • Sort out ticking noise (Done - slightly loose spark plug)
  • Skoda splitter (Done)
  • Aeroblade wipers (Done)
  • Silvervisions (Done)
  • 6000k Bulbs
  • Put private plate and 3/4 on
  • Full paint correction
  • New style RS badge
  • Shorter aerial
  • Coilovers
  • Yozza & decat :p
Thats it for the next few months :)

Last edited:
  Clio V6
Wont let me E-mail you the rest of the pics mate so ill just upload them onto here for you to jizz over....ENJOY :p

5.jpg

10.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

Little update:

Had the car nearly 2 months now and still loving it, puts a smile of my face everytime I drive it! :)

Put my private plate on and 3/4 front plate. Looks so much better. Tried a 'KTEC Style' induction kit, sounds epic but not sure if it's staying tbh.
I've also wrapped my dash strips and a pillars in alcantara :) makes the interior that little bit more posh :p

8068523236_610fc53979.jpg

8068522779_59f14c8318.jpg

My Vmaxx coilovers should be here next week and picking up a yozza at the weekend :D big stuff happening soon.

Update:

Saw a Yozza exhaust come up for sale on here, 8 hour drive but I had to have it :eek:

8128211991_8c372a9cd8.jpg

All ready to be put on, including a Scorpian decat. Managed this myself in my garage which I was proud of :)

Quick vid:

[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi64rky26oncoq2/2012-10-13 14.51.18.mov[/video]

Meanwhile, some Vmaxx coilovers were on their way to me from Germany, I got these for an awesome price of £250 brand new :)

Got them fitted last weekend, still needs an alignment done as its way off.

8128231477_e5da1fa21f_b.jpg

8128255188_b8e328f3ec_c.jpg

8128247490_a8989ea9b5_c.jpg

Still need to sort out an annoying rattle, think its the heatshield.

Not really, got some wheels planned for early next year but that's it :p

Want pops and bangs aswell for the lolz.

Oosh!

Looks awesome mate :)

Cheers dude :)

Not quite finished yet, back needs to come up, front needs to go down.

Vmaxx springs are so soft at the back, constant scrub with 2 people in the car. I can sort that out easily enough though.

Front rubs when turning more than half lock as well lol. I think its because 182s run more caster than 172s etc. Not sure what to do about that.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Should look good when that's all done then.

Yeah, I've read that about the vmaxx springs before mate. Are you going to look at custom ones?

That sounds like a pain in the arse lol! Get attacking those arches again

Should look good when that's all done then.

Yeah, I've read that about the vmaxx springs before mate. Are you going to look at custom ones?

That sounds like a pain in the arse lol! Get attacking those arches again

Possibly, just going to get some bigger bumpstops for now to stop it hitting the tyre.

I'll try, might have to remove the arch liner tbh.

Love it, want to sell it haha?

Any photos of the car side on with them wheels..?

Not at the moment, it is driving me a bit mad though :p

I'll get some more next weekend mate, i've took them off as it was scrubbing too much.

BlackGold 182
Finally!!!

the fronts, have you cut away any arch? Also you can knock away a bracket that it could be scrubbing.

for the rear how much camber you running and take it your arches are rolled?

Finally!!!

the fronts, have you cut away any arch? Also you can knock away a bracket that it could be scrubbing.

for the rear how much camber you running and take it your arches are rolled?

Haha it has been a while!

I've knocked up the bracket ages ago, just done it some more and chopped away the arch liner where it was catching.

Still want to go lower though, just don't think it's possible on a 182.

2 degree shims and No arch roll, didnt really want a roll, scared of ruining paint lol.