ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My RB 182 - CF splitter fitted and wee solo-photo shoot (Pic heavy)

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Finally got round to fitting my CF front splitter, gave the car a decent clean and went for some fancy pics.. i took about 60 in total, but these few are my favorites! (sorry they are pants, used my phone)

IMAG1856_zps029cdc53.jpg

IMAG1853_zpsee808a27.jpg

IMAG1850_zpsc9cbe4a4.jpg

IMAG1851_zps24a9bc07.jpg

IMAG1867_zps089f3f03.jpg

IMAG1843_zps51be71d7.jpg

IMAG1861_zpsc4c72d09.jpg

IMAG1862_zps6d22a1f0.jpg

IMAG1872_zps65582733.jpg

IMAG1833_zpsa0af7df6.jpg

My girlfriend took some better pics using an actual camera and worked on them abit with photoshop.. these are her efforts - Me likey!

clio3_zps0142b1ca.jpg

clio1big_zps89ae240b.jpg

clio1bw_zps3638807f.jpg

clio2_zps5bac153b.jpg

Comment and Criticism welcome :)

Also got some Custom made top mount covers, Dad made em for me using his 3D printer and red plastic

IMAG1865_zpsbd7aa41b.jpg

IMAG1864_zpsadd35eaa.jpg

A little rough around the edges, but not bad for a 1st stage prototype, got him to save the program if anyone would be interested in a set, many colours available, pm if interested ;)

Last edited:
  Focus st3 & t5.1 day
really liking the front splitter, looks mean!

Cheers, it made a hell of a difference to the front end imo.. its a battered splitter but i like it none the less

Got some custom springs going on soon as the weather drys up abit, so it will probably take some more damage soon ;)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The other photos must have been really crap lol, only kidding. Needs lowz and it would look lovely (and lose the stripes imo)

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
The other photos must have been really crap lol, only kidding. Needs lowz and it would look lovely (and lose the stripes imo)

I did apologise for the picture quality, i dont own a decent camera, just my HTC Desire which is due an upgrade :| lol

Got some custom springs going on soon, should be down around 40-50mm and the stripes are staying!!.. went out to find a good example with the stripes as i love them :D

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Keep the stripes...not many of them about

Stripes aint going anywhere :p

Looks alright that.

Cheers :)

What material are the strut top covers made from? The look like hockey pucks lol

The top covers are made out of acrylic type plastic, using my dads 3d printer!
not my video but this shows a similar printer in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gzkCuLGzn0
prints by heating up the plastic and layering it apon its self ^ pretty clever stuff!

they can be made with smoother edges then mine, but decided to give them abit more "Character" with the straighter edges.. they are purely for looks more then anything.. can be made in various colours, shapes, and designs! the limits are your imagination!

Cheers for looking :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looks lovely, really nice to see an RB with the stripes still in place. Need some tyre shine though! ;)

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Hi Pal.....Looking tidy!!

Where you get the front spiltter from?

PS....Do you think its worth fitting to a black 182? (Spiltter)

I got it from a user on here, he got it from ktec, if you don't have a splitter already I would suggest a Fabia vrs one, 12 quid on eBay, deffo worth fitting one ;)

Looks lovely, really nice to see an RB with the stripes still in place. Need some tyre shine though! ;)

Haha cheers, I love the stripes, and yeh it needs tyre shine, we washed the car in Pembroke and then drove to Swansea, so that's like 60 miles of filthy roads, surprised the car was still shiny when we got there haha

nice motor mate, cool photos

Cheers, the pics look way better on my iPad then they do on my laptop haha

Inferno 182FF
Have u got the link to the fabia one on eBay? Does it just bolt on, u don't have to go cutting it or anything?

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
looking good saw it the other day

Cheers dude, would be good to meet up for some pics some time if your interested? :D

Wow looking good :D.

Thanks, more updates soon :)

Have u got the link to the fabia one on eBay? Does it just bolt on, u don't have to go cutting it or anything?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-S...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a79ecbf7d

Thats the one, just need to line it up, tape it on, drill some holes, fit self tapping screws and happy days!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice mate. I really love the carbon splitters, they look so good! I'm gutted mine is sitting in the garage in 3 different pieces :(