ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My sexy new 197 Cup

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Remembered you said you were picking up today...can't wait to see it at Star City! :approve:

saw a gun metal one of these the other day in the dealership, all i can say is they are a million times better in real like. It looked stunning in the show room with brembos and cup spoiler!

sexy time! I like alot!

lol at all the 197 haters with their 'growing on me'.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it Lee.

Ooh, thats why the text is so small in the OP. You posted up on renaultsport.co.uk forums first then on here (cheeky copy and paste job..). tut tut. Being ex chief mod I would have thought we'd get the first looksey ;)

106 GTi
Good choice on the wheels, they look better and means you get matching center caps! Enjoy - but that goes without saying as I know you will.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I assume you let it get warm, then beat the f**k out of it on the way home yea ;) ?

Dan

Lee

BMW M2C
I assume you let it get warm, then beat the f**k out of it on the way home yea ;) ?

Dan

A couple of times. Mainly to overtake. Most the journey I was stuck in traffic. I can't believe I got stuck behind a farmer who had just been to collect his brand now 08 plate tractor!!!

Lee

BMW M2C
I've not had it on the motorway yet to find out. I've had it up there but only as a short blast. To be honest it's never going to be great on the motorway, the exhaust not will see to that. I guess when I've ragged them on track in the past that's not so obvious from inside a helmet. It reminds me of the Magnex I had on my 172! I'm impressed they've given it some noise, as the 172/182s were very quiet.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

Dan

A couple of times. Mainly to overtake. Most the journey I was stuck in traffic. I can't believe I got stuck behind a farmer who had just been to collect his brand now 08 plate tractor!!!

Good lad, run it in the Italian way or you might end up with a slow one hehe ;)

Dan

RS 200
Nice one Lee, cant wait to have a ganders over it !!

This should have the revised gear box then i guess, with the longer 6th gear. On the motorway in mine in 6th at about 80 is about 200 - 300 rpm under 5000rpm. Would be interesting to see how much theyve dropped this by.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Nice one Lee, cant wait to have a ganders over it !!

This should have the revised gear box then i guess, with the longer 6th gear. On the motorway in mine in 6th at about 80 is about 200 - 300 rpm under 5000rpm. Would be interesting to see how much theyve dropped this by.

5th and 6th gears are meant to be longer I beleive. The change is quite minimal though heh.

And "80 is about 200 - 300 rpm under 5000rpm" - Jesus christ, people weren't kidding when they said they were high revving then....

Dan

Black 197
very nice...15 miles on the clock aswell, do they have a large compound?? mine had 3 miles when i picked it up

Polo + Micra
tis nice but i think i still prefer the polo especially with those awful gear ratios

Audi TT, Ford Focus
Very nice mate, im currently trying purchase exactly the same - same colour too. Hope my experience is as exciting as yours :)

Quality Lee! Very jealous..... would love to see it in the flesh.

Gone from T05S VD to SXY! lol

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Nice one Lee!

They're not at all bad on the motorway with the revised gear ratios...

Just needs 3000miles under its belt and it'll fly:)