ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My TT QS

Re: My new car. TTQS

I did the opersite and got a LHD rear light and a red led so I had both with the white spot.

I've seen this mod. So what happens when you brake or reverse? You've said you fitted a red LED... so does it light up when you chuck it in reverse?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I've seen this mod. So what happens when you brake or reverse? You've said you fitted a red LED... so does it light up when you chuck it in reverse?

Bit like mine now. Looks like some nice Amsterdam lighting..lol! Not that the reverse light is much use in the first place.

E92 325D

Seen a few of these about now. REALLY like them. Shame i have to have a car big enough for four adults :(

172 Cup plus more

All it does is make the rear fog light clear so you need to put a red LED build in so when the rear fog is switched on its still bright red. As for the reverse it stays white nothing has changed there.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

As winter is here and my bulbs were a little dim/pink for xenons I replaced them along with SMD LED side lights.

IMG_20131111_120931_zps244c8803.jpg

Much fresher and better..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Much better. Miss mine a lot at this time of year! Fml!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Much better. Miss mine a lot at this time of year! Fml!

Yeah makes a big difference with these dark nights now..

Have you still got the ST? Not tempted by another TT for winter?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Still got it mate, have a member interested in it at the moment and another chap from up North also interested.

I'd really like another TT, especially for winter mate. Not sure what is next if I do sell.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Well the TT's end was almost nigh. I had it up for sale for £5850.00 and got no interest other than a cheeky offer of 5k which I decided I was going to take. All was going well and then the guy disappeared. Surprise surprise. This spurred me to spend some money on it so I went and got it remapped to keep some interest in it. Only a Revo generic "stage 1" map as I wanted it done there and then and it doesn't have any mods to warrant a custom jobby. Had it leak tested, the Bailey recirc was leaking like a siv and meant I was running spring pressure. Not the best to say the least and would be why it only made 225bhp at a recent rolling road. So replaced it with a brand new standard OEM item and off he went with the map.

Now I wasn't expecting too much being generic revo map and mine already being "up" on a 225. Well, I was wrong. He took it out on the road to set it up and came back with a big grin on his face. He didn't have to advance the timing much and said it was loving boost. According to the maf reading of 219 should be over 270bhp.

Feels like it flys now and a different car to drive. Almost got some love for it again..

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

5k! For a QS! Jeeeeez!

The QS is 240 as standard mate. 3.2 is 250.

Good results TomSx - mine hit 223.3 after a local chap identified my MAF was failing. AMD Essex, what a bunch of cowboys. "Yeah mate, it's only put out 240 after a larger TIP and remap because it needs to learn the map". BS asshole, no one likes the mapping here.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Good results @TomSx - mine hit 223.3 after a local chap identified my MAF was failing. AMD Essex, what a bunch of cowboys. "Yeah mate, it's only put out 240 after a larger TIP and remap because it needs to learn the map". BS asshole, no one likes the mapping here.

Lol at learn the map. Every day is a school day for ECU's..

Nice result there Tom, you should keep it.

Good results @TomSx - mine hit 223.3 after a local chap identified my MAF was failing. AMD Essex, what a bunch of cowboys. "Yeah mate, it's only put out 240 after a larger TIP and remap because it needs to learn the map". BS asshole, no one likes the mapping here.

Good to know your thoughts on them, they're local to me & I've been looking at S4's.

Good to know your thoughts on them, they're local to me & I've been looking at S4's.

TBH Craig, the service was fine. Booked in, took the money and did what they say they'd do, i.e. fit the parts and remap it.

Failing to put my OEM parts back in the boot (as requested, so a loss on the performance filter, airbox and original TIP), taking over two hours longer than stated (making me very late for an important event, dinner) and failing to check the car properly before and after the mapping and engine mods (clearly fucked the MAF while there, as the car made 225 on the nose standard, while logging) means they'll not be getting any business in the future.

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Are you going to keep it now or will this be just a mod it like it get board sell it kind of thing ?

Alan

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

TBH Craig, the service was fine. Booked in, took the money and did what they say they'd do, i.e. fit the parts and remap it.

Failing to put my OEM parts back in the boot (as requested, so a loss on the performance filter, airbox and original TIP), taking over two hours longer than stated (making me very late for an important event, dinner) and failing to check the car properly before and after the mapping and engine mods (clearly f**ked the MAF while there, as the car made 225 on the nose standard, while logging) means they'll not be getting any business in the future.

They knackered my MAF too. Also told me they couldn't get more than 210/220bhp out of mine. 2 hours later it hit as near as makes no difference 250. God knows what they were playing at. Service has always been good though.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Why were you thinking of selling it then ???

Too safe bored ?

To be honest its a great car. Quick, comfy (ish), Bose stereo for the choons, good of fuel (for what it is). I just seem to have some disease where as I have a car for 3 months I start looking at what's about and then by 6 months I get it in my head I need a new car..lol! I blame CS and the internet.

Fiesta ST Stage 3

LOL i had that problem but turning 32 i am much better :)

To be honest its a great car. Quick, comfy (ish), Bose stereo for the choons, good of fuel (for what it is). I just seem to have some disease where as I have a car for 3 months I start looking at what's about and then by 6 months I get it in my head I need a new car..lol! I blame CS and the internet.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Well the car is still here...just.

Clutch has started to slip time to time in 6th from low revs so this little lot has been purchased -

IMG_20140117_095723_zps8wjpc9ui.jpg

New clutch, DMF and release bearing. Cost me the best part of £450.00.

Also just ordered a Badger 5 3" Tip for good measure. Lots of goods gains have been reported and proven by them.

Oh and a Haldex oil and filter should be on its way too.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Haldex or the Clutch?

I need my PCV system checked tbh. It scares me though.

Fiesta ST Stage 3

So your keeping it then :)

Well the car is still here...just.

Clutch has started to slip time to time in 6th from low revs so this little lot has been purchased -

IMG_20140117_095723_zps8wjpc9ui.jpg

New clutch, DMF and release bearing. Cost me the best part of £450.00.

Also just ordered a Badger 5 3" Tip for good measure. Lots of goods gains have been reported and proven by them.

Oh and a Haldex oil and filter should be on its way too.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah for now. All the work other than the TIP needs to be done regardless tbh.

I can do it dude.

Don't want to be a dick about this, so tell me to F off, but what can you fit? Pretty much anything? As think Cambelt is due, so planned to do cambelt, aux and new water pump with metal impeller!!

Making a list of general stuff to upgrade/maintenance before modding. So next is cambelt and sparks, as well as simplify PCV system. Then spacers, springs, rARB...

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

I can do pretty much anything, cambelts included but I prefer not to do the belts as people like AMD do it silly cheap anyhoo and you get a an invoice lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Making a list of general stuff to upgrade/maintenance before modding. So next is cambelt and sparks, as well as simplify PCV system. Then spacers, springs, rARB...

What arb are you going for?

I can do pretty much anything, cambelts included but I prefer not to do the belts as people like AMD do it silly cheap anyhoo and you get a an invoice lol

Fair, very fair. I'll enquire.

We should, gotta get him to change his dress sense though.

Haha!

What arb are you going for?

R32 chap. Don't need much more as it's not a track/all out fast road car.

I think I really could do with a Clio. Something stupid, that's lowered, loud, stripped etc and use the Panzer for long journeys.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

R32 chap. Don't need much more as it's not a track/all out fast road car.

I think I really could do with a Clio. Something stupid, that's lowered, loud, stripped etc and use the Panzer for long journeys.

Yeah I've heard its a good upgrade to do both front and rear.

As for the second part, you'd soon get fed up.

Do you know the part number for the pick up pipe? I need mine done.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I miss my V6 a lot.... i've been looking!

Yeah I've heard its a good upgrade to do both front and rear.

As for the second part, you'd soon get fed up.

Do you know the part number for the pick up pipe? I need mine done.

Yeah, no doubt buddy, re the Clio.

Both would dial out some body roll, but you'd keep the under steer nature of the chassis, which is what I want to get rid of.

yeah the pickup pipe for mine was �7.30. for anyone interested the part no was 06A-115-251, you will also need an o-ring seal p/n N0282222 (although funnily enough the price for that was �2.82!!).
Also, the genuine audi sealant p/n is D176404A2 (�15.44)

Total came to about £35. Make certain it has "A" not "B" as that's a shorter, A4B5 version.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah, no doubt buddy, re the Clio.

Both would dial out some body roll, but you'd keep the under steer nature of the chassis, which is what I want to get rid of.

Total came to about £35. Make certain it has "A" not "B" as that's a shorter, A4B5 version.

Thanks matey. The rear ARB's around £150 isn't it?