ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My TT QS

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Re: My new car. TTQS

Think so pal. Just priced up some options for cambelt and clutch, if you're interested;

AMD Essex - £393.95 and £1k ish respectively!!!

Excellent. Mine will need doing next year. TT shop do them for £299.

TomSx, have you read the rest of the bits as well? Potential for £420 at their say so with other belts and tensioners...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

@TomSx, have you read the rest of the bits as well? Potential for £420 at their say so with other belts and tensioners...

To be honest though it'll be the same with all companies. They'll do it for £299 regardless. If you want the other bits done i.e. the Tensioning Damper and Double Poly V-belt (Power steering/Air Conditioning Belt) it's more. Im willing to bet your AMD price doesn't include them?

To be honest though it'll be the same with all companies. They'll do it for £299 regardless. If you want the other bits done i.e. the Tensioning Damper and Double Poly V-belt (Power steering/Air Conditioning Belt) it's more. Im willing to bet your AMD price doesn't include them?

Simple three, aux, timing and W/P. So no. £100 more + another £120 basically if I need those doing as well. The only consideration with AMD is that it's close to The Unit. So could drop off the car and go see the boys of a Saturday. Wonder if AMD will negotiate.

Ad

MK2 FRS

gally agreed, its pretty tough to beat.

Had ours for 8 months now and runs sweet and has been pretty reliable, apart from a lamada sensor, airbag connect and needs another lamda sensor now.

It really flies though. Love the V6 on full chat. Its such a great all round car and is superb value for money.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Clutch fitted. :D Feels like a new car and coming on boost it feels like a whole new animal. Haldex service kit has arrived..

IMG_20140127_130426_zpsqclexdzo.jpg

Now just waiting for my 3" Badger 5 tip which should give it a few more horses.

Fiesta ST Stage 3

How does the 3" Badger 5 tip work ie what is it ?

Was reading about good reviews when I was looking in to getting a LCR .

Alan

Clutch fitted. :D Feels like a new car and coming on boost it feels like a whole new animal. Haldex service kit has arrived..

IMG_20140127_130426_zpsqclexdzo.jpg

Now just waiting for my 3" Badger 5 tip which should give it a few more horses.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Its the pipe that runs from the air filter/box to the turbo. The standard one is rather small and prone to collapsing once the car is mapped.

Standard VS badger

7110537649_813fb53ca6_b.jpg

Its been proven many many times to gain 15/20bhp.

@gally agreed, its pretty tough to beat.

Had ours for 8 months now and runs sweet and has been pretty reliable, apart from a lamada sensor, airbag connect and needs another lamda sensor now.

It really flies though. Love the V6 on full chat. Its such a great all round car and is superb value for money.

Love the V6. My one has been in the family for almost 5 years now. Reliable as anything.

Had it mapped by WAK on the TT forum too. Was for my brothers surprise birthday present from the family. It really does go well now.

Fiesta ST Stage 3

15/20 BHP from just a bigger pipe ?

Its the pipe that runs from the air filter/box to the turbo. The standard one is rather small and prone to collapsing once the car is mapped.

Standard VS badger

7110537649_813fb53ca6_b.jpg

Its been proven many many times to gain 15/20bhp.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

15/20 BHP from just a bigger pipe ?

Yep. Considerably more air flow and the fact they don't collapse = more power. :D Proven loads of times. Ive not heard one bad word about them.

For example -
s3-silicontip-vs-80mmB5tip.jpg

That is some gain from the bigger pipe .

Must show how c*ap the std one is .

Alan

The 1.8T react well to breathing mods, Alan. The main restrictions (and standard stages of tune) come in the form of;

- front mount intercooler, to replace the two small and constricted side ones
- 3" down pipe to the exhaust
- 3" turbo intake pipe

Even the exhaust is fine - it's just gases in and out of the engine that restricts power - the above (FMIC, DP and TIP) all amount to an increase of about 27%, with the necessary mapping.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

They certainly do. I need it to arrive. Hopefully today.

Also in a moment of madness I've ordered a Forge motorsport armrest. Audi didn't officially make one for the TT so these tend to sell for over £200.. Forge US had 2 left with none being remade. Made a cheeky offer of $100 and got accepted. Just got to hope I don't get stung on tax..

$_57.jpg

And fitted with Poles -

441b62792e5451f145919566b4a875cd_zpsbf34dc19.jpg

Might fit it or may just sell it on..lol

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

I need an armrest for mine, the leather ones to match my seats come up very rarely though :(

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Thanks gents. Booked in tomorrow for two new track rod ends and the Haldex oil and filter change. (Because im lazy)

Nah, Haldex I'd leave to the pros as well fella. Piece of mind. Similar to what Scrooge said about the Cambelt. You/friends can do it, but it's nice having a receipt for things like that. Oil change/modifications like brakes on the other hand is another matter.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Think so pal. Just priced up some options for cambelt and clutch, if you're interested;

AMD Essex - £393.95 and £1k ish respectively!!!

I'm being syphoned of the same money this Friday. New clutch time in the Chavwagen.... :(

Luckily I had the cambelt done only two months ago, so that's one expense out of the way.

D.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I'm being syphoned of the same money this Friday. New clutch time in the Chavwagen.... :(

Luckily I had the cambelt done only two months ago, so that's one expense out of the way.

D.

It'll be worth it though. Luckily I had a mate fit mine for cash but then he's been working with Audi for over 10 years so I trusted him to do it.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

3" Tip has arrived. Now I have to find the motivation to fit it..

IMG_20140130_124034_zpsnrpg4cnk.jpg

Went for black to keep it OEM looking. I don't do bling colours.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Just picked up a new oil pick up pipe for good measure. Thanks for the part numbers. JD

IMG_20140131_123331_zps9aucpl3i.jpg

No worries lad. Make sure you get the four parts, pipe, o-ring, oil and filter. It's an easy job... right Scrooge?!?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

That's the pipe and O ring. Just need some oil and a filter. Might wait until the end of the month though. Ive been spending too much..

Oh and I didn't get their £30.00 sump sealant. WTF are they thinking?