ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My TT QS

Re: My new car. TTQS

Ah I see. They're good for vags as they're not oiled.

JD beat you. ;)

Screenshot_2014-02-26-18-32-36_zpstkhaj0cz.png

224 g/s peak. Using the old vag sum of diving air flow by 0.8 that's 280bhp.

Worryingly though it does sound like I have a flock of pigeons under my bonnet when changing gear at low revs..

Git! I need to log now I've got the filter on. Jetex was 223...! ;)

Flutter?! Erm. Like. What sort of flutter?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Haha that was just off a quick run.

Yeah I have a turbo chatter going on below 3k. Must have a slight VAC leak somewhere so that's this weekends mission.

Haha that was just off a quick run.

Yeah I have a turbo chatter going on below 3k. Must have a slight VAC leak somewhere so that's this weekends mission.

Right, missus is out tonight, so I'm going to do some logs. Must beat you!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Right, missus is out tonight, so I'm going to do some logs. Must beat you!

Lol! Mines just in having an oil change and picking it up at lunch. Might have another go. Still, even 224 I'm happy with. Seems mad to think it'll be around 280bhp with such simple mods.

Oh and I noticed my rear shocks were a little worse for wear so I've ordered some new OEM rear shocks. I really must stop spending money as im not going to get any of it back if/when I sell it..lol

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

True. But should be black and red if it's the Ebay one.

Oh, also, Honda genuine was £27. This was more expensive?!

In that case he paid too much.

Not really a problem though, I have one on my S2000, fitted by TDI north.

IMG_2392.jpg

Sorry, Al, edited the wrong post/reply.
TomSx where did you order the blueprint filter from? Strange that it was that much? eBay was £23 delivered last time I looked!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Bought it from someone on ebay. Oh well. Might take it off anyway. Not sure I can hack the badass sound of it now.

Also, what are you using to log buddy? Looks like a useful app. Tempted to buy a Bluetooth OBDII dongle so I can log on the go. Getting the laptop (with a s**t battery) out all the time is flipping annoying.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

It was from carparts4less which is basically ECP as you probably know. But its a proper K&N jobbie.

For logging I use a ELM Bluetooth dongle and either Torque Pro or DashCommand. I prefer the later.

Thought I'd so a quick test this morning to see if the filter was any different. I'm guessing its not but still, 225.25 g/s..;)

My intake temps are actually no different with a open filter. But then it is winter. Lets see if the little intercoolers can keep up in summer.

Screenshot_2014-03-04-08-54-18_zpsnemwrqyl.png

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

It was from carparts4less which is basically ECP as you probably know. But its a proper K&N jobbie.

For logging I use a ELM Bluetooth dongle and either Torque Pro or DashCommand. I prefer the later.

Thought I'd so a quick test this morning to see if the filter was any different. I'm guessing its not but still, 225.25 g/s..;)

My intake temps are actually no different with a open filter. But then it is winter. Lets see if the little intercoolers can keep up in summer.

CP4L were out of stock when I looked :( and when you say "proper K&N" do you mean it's a K&N filter i.e. oiled? As that'll knacker the MAF, so those 225g/s (you barsteward) won't last long!

And I presume that's a Samsung app as can't find it for the iPhone/iPad :(

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

How sorry does my engine bay look..lol

IMG_20140304_122009_zpsf9ggi67o.jpg

Need to give it a good clean this weekend. Not been touched in months and oily hand prints everywhere after the clutch etc

And todays deliverys -

IMG_20140304_122219_zpsbjh3fhir.jpg

Forge brake servo hose to sort my vac leak out and some new OEM rear shocks as my rears look a little worse for wear and a refresh wouldn't be a bad thing.

Cheers for the link, just didn't fancy paying £6.99 for it to be as laggy as some have reported! Bought the Elm327 though, so thanks for that. Comes with a year's warranty as well which is nice peace of mind.

Sort that bay out! Or come to a meet and I'll do it!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Haha my whole car needs a proper clean. I'd hate to think what it'd look like after a clay and polish. Ive never done it properly as I don't have the space and I cant see the previous owner having done it either. He just loved to surf from what I could gather..lol

Just PM'ed Lawro to see if he'd do the outside for some $$

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Would that work on a 182 as well? Or is it mainly just for boosted cars?

D.

Im really not sure mate. Im sure someone could tell you on here? You'd no doubt be able to clear fault codes but as for data Im not sure what the clio gives?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Im really not sure mate. Im sure someone could tell you on here? You'd no doubt be able to clear fault codes but as for data Im not sure what the clio gives?

Lol - me neither! :eek: Would be good to know what's happening under the bonnet on the move though. Those engine coolant temps on your first screenshot are very impressive - only 5C difference? Typically 90C is the norm anyway, isn't it?

D.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Lol - me neither! :eek: Would be good to know what's happening under the bonnet on the move though. Those engine coolant temps on your first screenshot are very impressive - only 5C difference? Typically 90C is the norm anyway, isn't it?

D.

Yeah its brilliant tbh. The 5C was because I started the app when the car was already warm.

VAG's show 90 on the dash but they will anywhere between 83-93c

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Well played. Really handy tools. Like this filter for example, it was nice to see the instant increase in power and see the intake temps etc.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Stingy bugger..lol! Reviews look ok but even people on there recommend dash command. ;)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Loved the red un in Brembo's thread. But they suit all colours. Just sit well and "dem seats"...

Knows it.

How did you get on with your PCV simplification? My fix isn't as easy as I thought. I have to order a £70.00 part which makes me think of a catch can and simplification. Badger 5 said a couple of hours labour if I provide the parts.

Knows it.

How did you get on with your PCV simplification? My fix isn't as easy as I thought. I have to order a £70.00 part which makes me think of a catch can and simplification. Badger 5 said a couple of hours labour if I provide the parts.

I didn't, remember I mixed up N249 and the PCV system in here? Still haven't swapped over the standard DV you linked me to either! In fact, the only touching my car has had is me sitting in it at 4am when I couldn't sleep and testing the 3k rev/10g/s rule for boost leaks!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't, remember I mixed up N249 and the PCV system in here? Still haven't swapped over the standard DV you linked me to either! In fact, the only touching my car has had is me sitting in it at 4am when I couldn't sleep and testing the 3k rev/10g/s rule for boost leaks!

Ah yes! Silly me.. Whats this testing? lol. 3k revs should read 10 g/s?

I def have a leak. A bad one. Im not going under the inlet many so paying some one to do it. Cost me £70.00 in silly little pipes already. Still, it'll be worth it.

Essentially Im changing this lot -

IMG_2251_small.jpg

Ah yes! Silly me.. Whats this testing? lol. 3k revs should read 10 g/s?

I def have a leak. A bad one. Im not going under the inlet many so paying some one to do it. Cost me £70.00 in silly little pipes already. Still, it'll be worth it.

Essentially Im changing this lot -

IMG_2251_small.jpg

Mate, don't spend money!! PCV can be deleted without a catch can, according to Tuffty on AS.net (mod and all round knowledge bank of the 8L section). Yours is a BAM of course? Same as mine. You can rip out and reconnect and not have a PCV system or catch can install, which is the route I'm going soon.

Yeah, the 10g/s test is hold the revs at 3k or as close as you can and you should see bang on 10g/s if no leaks.