ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My uprated brakes are crap and squeeky!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
i fitted brembo max discs and mintex extreme pads to my car a few months ago and they felt spongy last week so i bled them (well 1 of the bleed nipples sheared so 1 calliper wasnt bled) it didnt get much better and they still seem crap! also they queel like a b**ch which only started last week, but the queel happens every roataion rather then constant???

why would my brakes still be spongy if i have bled them?

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
as i've been saying! mintex extreme = s**te

so u think it is the pads? lol i mean even when im parking and im doing about 5mph and i hit the brakes its like as if they are covered in wd40! the car will travel 1 or 2 metres b4 stopping!:eek: lol should i pop over 2 halfords and buy some standard forodos?

Lionel Richie
yeah thats right patrick

we unlike some people do like to test everything out before we sell it, if its shite we just won't sell nor recommend it

myself and yoz both tested mintex Xtremleyshites both sets of pads were off the cars after a week and thrown in the bin

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
yeah thats right patrick

we unlike some people do like to test everything out before we sell it, if its s**te we just won't sell nor recommend it

myself and yoz both tested mintex Xtremleys**tes both sets of pads were off the cars after a week and thrown in the bin

why were they s**t? did it feel spongy/unresponsive like im saying?

should i go and get some halfords forodos to go with my brembo discs then?

Lionel Richie
the squeeled like nothing else i've ever driven with, it was like having 2 pigs under the front wheels

they stopped the car ok, but nothing special, they were no bettter than stock

if i were you i'd go for EBC greens, or if you are on a budget then yeah Halfords ferodo premiers

i believe "The Detailer" is selling off some ferodo pads at the moment, might be worth a pm

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
the squeeled like nothing else i've ever driven with, it was like having 2 pigs under the front wheels

they stopped the car ok, but nothing special, they were no bettter than stock

if i were you i'd go for EBC greens, or if you are on a budget then yeah Halfords ferodo premiers

i believe "The Detailer" is selling off some ferodo pads at the moment, might be worth a pm

cheers fred, im on a budget yeh so i think ill go for the ds2000

Fiesta ST
Patrick,

The spongy brakes might be related to my issue also, which Chris H has helped me with.

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23165

Might be an issue with the Brake Pressure Regulator (Bias Valve).

Have a read through that thread, and see if it's similar to your situation. Also, the Mintex Extreme pads do squeel. I run them on the Valver and RT. As soon as they need replacing, I won't be putting them back on. The possible reason is because of their compound and the type of disc being used with them. I run the Brembo Max discs on both cars, both with those pads... and both squeel. :) Just under light braking for me, so not too bothered.

Cheers. Hope that link helps ya!