ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my vtec mini build

e91 330d/type r mini
well i have got my arse into gear this week have got the new pump in and fitted and now she runs again, also started with the bodywork shes nearly ready for primer now just a few dents to be removed from the roof then its ready :)
car is going to be be ford frozen white.
getting quite excited now,
a few pictures of where im at
f7ac4fb3.jpg

c995fa4b.jpg

6bf443c0.jpg

b5990d63.jpg

4904372e.jpg

97ffdd59.jpg

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Love it! I want one but dont think I couls put up with the stress of the build!

Also love the defender in the background, also want <3

e91 330d/type r mini
well i stayed late last night and got the shell blown over and started putting a few bits back on today
car is ford frozen white and turned out fairly well for a 30 year old car.
few pics of my progress and where were up to :)
fe9f6654.jpg

bf5d0df9.jpg

3338287f.jpg

bcf24c72.jpg

77bbf9fd.jpg

7e6db9a6.jpg

d7bcce15.jpg

f1415e0c.jpg

973e96ea.jpg

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Very very very nice. Sorry to ask, but do you have a rough estimate of how much money you've put into this? I am only asking as i really would like to start on a mini based project.

e91 330d/type r mini
Very very very nice. Sorry to ask, but do you have a rough estimate of how much money you've put into this? I am only asking as i really would like to start on a mini based project.
thanks for the nice comments people
,i would say if you do start a project like this allow alot of time and money, i have had alot of help from different fields of the motor trade and no labour charges and i am upwards of 7k so far :(
i hope its worth it in the end.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Absolutely lovely project. :D

A friend of mine and his Dad churn out projects like I do turds and they say to do any project to a decent standard takes more money than sense! lol.

It will 100% be worth it in the end.

e91 330d/type r mini
that looks amazing.
what sort of bhp are looking to achieve?
cheers, the engine standard is 160 bhp so with the bodies, decat and the 4-1 manifold if it makes standard power i will be more than happy but id quietly like a bit more (dont we all )
there maybe an issue with the bodies being a little small at the moment but we will soon work that out once rs tuning get there hands on it to do the mapping :)

e91 330d/type r mini
Absolutely lovely project. :D

A friend of mine and his Dad churn out projects like I do turds and they say to do any project to a decent standard takes more money than sense! lol.

It will 100% be worth it in the end.

i would say they are right as i never thought it was going to cost what it has, its just all the little bits that seems to add up, if a job is worth doing then its worth doing properly or you might as well not bother.
there is only the front end to paint then get the dash refit then send it for mapping,i would like to think it wil be finished within 8 weeks now so we will soon see how good it will compare to the 172 :)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
cheers, the engine standard is 160 bhp so with the bodies, decat and the 4-1 manifold if it makes standard power i will be more than happy but id quietly like a bit more (dont we all )
there maybe an issue with the bodies being a little small at the moment but we will soon work that out once rs tuning get there hands on it to do the mapping :)

sounds good:) That thing is going to fly

e91 330d/type r mini
im a happy boy :)
got the rest of my parts sprayed today and started building it back up, had to call it a day as the wife put her foot down about me being home as there has been a few late nights this week :(
any way here a few pics, hopefully have it as a complete car by the end of the weekend :)
db3c2b81.jpg

21d0725e.jpg

00e27373.jpg

c0efae9c.jpg

8932a324.jpg

9b0fc5a0.jpg

9b0fc5a0.jpg

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Awesome job mate you will love it when it's done. Always had a mini since i passed my test in one form or another but always stuck with the A series would love to go down this route or a bike engine one day

e91 330d/type r mini
well its back together finally, just a few bits of alignment to do then i will be happy, what do you think?
i also took it for a cheeky drive up the road (sshh dont tell the law)
it needs a dam good tracking session and mapping but a bit of work and it will get there,
anyway a few pics for you
5bdb3d3e.jpg

dfdf1c37.jpg

672711bc.jpg

f1e56106.jpg

cc362678.jpg

b54b8518.jpg

38018da4.jpg

c1dcbe5f.jpg

49949733.jpg

e91 330d/type r mini
i would do but when i had a go in it today i got told off by paul (rs tuning) for driving it as its running seriously rich and he thinks i will bore wash the cylinders so vids will have to wait for now until i have had it mapped :(

e91 330d/type r mini
well i had the car with paul @ rs tuning for him to work his magic, i had a small issue with the inlet manifold and had to take the itb's off only to find a foreign body in there.
i removed it and thought id got away with it but after a bit of time on the dyno it was soon apparent something wasnt right :(
paul did a cylinder test and confirmed the inlet valve was leaking by on that cylinder :(
he did what he could with the car and lets just say he gained 90bhp from what it went in there with but still not what i was after ( please dont ask for the figures lol)
pic of the foreign body
57a7a8b8.jpg

a few of the dyno runs for you to enjoy some vtec flames :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xTBZ..._order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawU9zXpBVM

now to remove the head and sort the valve seat out, just when i thought i was finished lol.​

e91 330d/type r mini
well the car is almost back together now, will be running for tomorrow night.
i have a liitle video of my friend taking it for a quick blast after it was mapped, you can hear the throttle bodies spitting back due to the 2 inlet valves leaking by and a massive chunk missing on the ptfe intake gasket,
gives a little idea of what it goes like
icon_smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf5mRbSPnwM

e91 330d/type r mini
just read the whole lot, epic build :D

are you a sprayer by trade then?
cheers, no im no piant sprayer but a good friend has his own bodyshop and talked me through every step of the way and he is a perfectionist (annoyingly so) and would not let me do any of it half hearted, if it wasnt 100% right he wouldnt put the paint on :(
i have rebuilt the head now and refit it and it sounds smoother than ever and is more responsive and has stopped spitting back through the itb's so all is looking good. will try getting it on the dyno before i go away for a week on monday and see if it has picked up its missing, fingers crossed :)

e91 330d/type r mini
had my magazine photoshoot yesterday, a quick cheeky pic taken whilst there (not by the photographer but a friend who was there)
really like this pic its quite moody :)
3ddd51bc.jpg

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Nice motor- If i saw that in my rear view mirror I would be getting out of the way

Steve

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Awesome! Just selling a CRX vtec on now and i will miss that engine. The only reason the UK CRX had 150 and not the 160 of the Jap one is because of our fuels octane rating. The JDM car had a knock sensor and took full advantage of the 100 octane fuel they use. Had 6lbs/ft more torque too but the JDM CRX was heavier having a few extra things we didn't and so despite also having lower gearing it wasn't that much quicker than the UK car. Did quite often have an LSD though.

Love watching the videos of the ring mini so can't wait to see this thing when its ready.

e91 330d/type r mini
a little update on the mini, i decided the 38mm r6 itb's were to small and have bought some 42/43mm cbr1000 itbs that i have fitted and have to say sounds like a completely different animal now, got to sort out some trumpets and some kind of filter box then just need to get rs to sort out the map now and i can go have some fun :)
couple of pics
e8fe3dca.jpg

a328d1de.jpg

4ddfa3ba.jpg

and a pic of the difference in size of the itb's
7277baaf.jpg