ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my vtec mini build

e91 330d/type r mini
been busy with the mini lately, got my new seats in and fitted and got all the niggly little bits sorted with the new itb's, paul @ rs tuning came to my house to sort my tps out for me as i was stumped (thanks paul)
now its ready for its final map when he's not so busy and the car will be as good as finished at long last :)
a3f917e2.jpg

f3d2c0bd.jpg

58b107c5.jpg

f8e4f95d.jpg

b234f729.jpg

e91 330d/type r mini
had the mini in at rs tuning for mapping and once again hes done a sterling job and it goes like stink :)
the car made 169bhp and about 135lbs ft of torque.
we took it for a quit blat and it goes well but needs a dam good set up on the tracking and needs its brake bias valve fittiing desprately as its currently 50/50 front to rear lol
THANKS PAUL AND SPECKY
6c22684f.jpg

e91 330d/type r mini
yes true applying to the b16a1, but the b16a2 was around 160
Yes your right it's 160ps which is 158 bhp standard and itb's don't give massive power gains but has helped with low down torque and a sound that cannot be matched with normal inlet :)
For the people who asked the power is at the flywheel

e91 330d/type r mini
So bodies have added 9?? Or am I misreading? Unless that figure is wheel?
thats asuming it would of made the standard 158bhp beforehand. it also increased torque by nearly 15-20 ft lbs depending on what standard figures you go by.
you never gain big bhp with itb's on these engines but help with much needed torque.
oh and the sound is in a different league and would be worth all the work alone if it didnt gain me any power what so ever :)

e91 330d/type r mini
Brilliant build. I'm just not keen on the arches personal. Curley Carbon ones would be better in my opinion.
i wanted carbon ones for a while but at nearly £200 a set i could spend that money better elswhere, also the curley ones are not wide enough as i needed them to be 6.5" wide but theres are only about 110mm so about 5" so wasnt wide enough.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
yes true applying to the b16a1, but the b16a2 was around 160

Sorry! I'll butt out next time! It does seem though that virtually all the B16's make 10ps more in Japan. Why don't we have 100 octane fuel!? Ah well ignore that i don't want to take this thread off topic.

If your tuning a B16 it's alway good to look at what honda did to the B16B to make it what it is and safe to 8400rpm instead of 8200. Not that the A's seem to mind being over-revved occasionally!!

e91 330d/type r mini
Sorry! I'll butt out next time! It does seem though that virtually all the B16's make 10ps more in Japan. Why don't we have 100 octane fuel!? Ah well ignore that i don't want to take this thread off topic.

If your tuning a B16 it's alway good to look at what honda did to the B16B to make it what it is and safe to 8400rpm instead of 8200. Not that the A's seem to mind being over-revved occasionally!!
im not 100% sure but i think they have higher compresion pistons and a better ported head and different cams and retainers.
i will look into changing the cams later on, my rev limit is set at 8500 but has already peaked before then.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Here's a nice link on the B16B. I found it when i was looking for stuff on my CRX. When they mean the max limit is upto 8400rpm this is for normal engine life. eg. 120,000+miles like a guy near my dad who was breaking a 250,000mile b16a car that still ran really well that was standard. It doesn't mean the normal b16a will fall apart. You only have to watch the youtube videos of idioits constantly over revving them to see that they'll take a hefty pounding.

http://asia.vtec.net/beystock/honda/civicr/

I hope it serves you well i'm glad to have run a car with that awesome little lump in it!!

If your ever in doubt of how hardy hondas engines are then watch this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN4uSE5qGH4

I'm not even sure which lump it is but christ it will not die. Skip to the end as it's a horrible video.

I'll stop butting in on your thread now.

e91 330d/type r mini
Here's a nice link on the B16B. I found it when i was looking for stuff on my CRX. When they mean the max limit is upto 8400rpm this is for normal engine life. eg. 120,000+miles like a guy near my dad who was breaking a 250,000mile b16a car that still ran really well that was standard. It doesn't mean the normal b16a will fall apart. You only have to watch the youtube videos of idioits constantly over revving them to see that they'll take a hefty pounding.

http://asia.vtec.net/beystock/honda/civicr/

I hope it serves you well i'm glad to have run a car with that awesome little lump in it!!

If your ever in doubt of how hardy hondas engines are then watch this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN4uSE5qGH4

I'm not even sure which lump it is but christ it will not die. Skip to the end as it's a horrible video.

I'll stop butting in on your thread now.
butt in as often as you want with usefull information, the link on the b16b differences was good for future mods :)
if all goes well it will be mot'd by the end of the week then i can take it on its first proper run out

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
I'm no expert it's just things i found while looking around on the net and my experiences running a B16a for a while.

Cool! I look forward to keeping track on this wee beastie!!

e91 330d/type r mini
done a few bits on the mini after the trackday flagged a few issues,
so far i have fitted a new servo as the pressure release valve was sticking,
also fit a willwood lever brake bias valve,
had the rear arches tubbed to stop the ripping my rear tyres,
protech coilovers fitted,
i have purchased some integra dc2 type r cams to go in aswell.
extended rear stub axles so i can remove the 75mm rear spacers,
also i have been forwarded a pic of this months miniworld magazine with a preview of my car being featured next month.
cant wait, roll on 24th jan
0246efe6.jpg

Fabia VRS
Had a look in the mini mag and saw your spread, Epic work and a great read!
Such a credit to you!