ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my vtec mini build

Inferno 182
thanks mate :)
just realised your user name and im not sure if you are aware but you sold me the linkage setup a couple of weeks ago on 16v mini

Nope didnt realise. Small world eh. I've recently crossed over to the modern side ;) These conversions are very quick indeed. Only thing I've ever driven that was quicker was my Redtop mini, but that was terifying on a whole diferent level.

e91 330d/type r mini
little update :)
i have managed to drop the engine in and test fit to see everything is going to clear and thankfully its as it should be, even the aftermarket manifold will clear which i wasnt expecting so thats a bonus,
also my alloy fuel tank has arrived and collected my fibreglass doors so plenty to get on with now, just wish the bloody weather would warm up a bit :(
a few pics :)
0bb87ad3.jpg

4549f13c.jpg

cfc82ba4.jpg

f14cbddd.jpg

1fef31d2.jpg

and one of the the drivers door fitted
b7321268.jpg

now i know everything is all clear i can take it apart and get the bulkhead ready for paint :)

e91 330d/type r mini
treated to myself one of these 2 piece front ends to help with the clearance issues around the subframe.
sat it in place and its going to be perfect for what i need.
should look pretty wide once arches are on :)

b95827d9.jpg

1d52164c.jpg

16d0dc60.jpg

76bb9585.jpg

plenty more to crack on with now :)

e91 330d/type r mini
little more done today,
got the 4.5 gallon tank fitted with the uprated fuel pump and my braided fuel lines.
feel like im kind of getting somewhere now and hopefully by the end of next week it will be ready for the boot, interior and the bulkhead to be painted in ford frozen white :)
b13fdc26.jpg

cd70c9cb.jpg

a25b5116.jpg

04b0d2ef.jpg

89cedbaa.jpg

Fabia VRS
Oh yeah! i would actually LOVE to do this! wouldnt know where to start tho!

Cant wait to see the finsih product (Y)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Brilliant .Lets hope it runs before christmas.

That fuel tank is not going to last long between fill ups...

e91 330d/type r mini
a few pics of where we got up to today, not as much done as we wanted as we had a welder issue but got it sorted in the end
car is going to be sprayed ford frozen white :)
fcbcd4c3.jpg

60f7f49b.jpg

ca751a98.jpg

52314f88.jpg

55731639.jpg

3c1a331e.jpg

c789232b.jpg

06d4d719.jpg

a few little bits to sort inside the car and that will be ready for paint on sunday :)

e91 330d/type r mini
started to put things back together now, had to modify the fuel tank also as the fuel pump needed to be gravity fed
few pics
c4c672b0.jpg

cb87f14a.jpg

04606030.jpg

next i need to get the cage back in and sort out some door bars as i dont fancy not having any side protection with having fibreglass doors.
aslo i pick up my dash from being flocked tomorrow :)

e91 330d/type r mini
picked up my dash from being flocked tonight and bobed the guages back in im over the moon with it to be honest
b8809ec3.jpg

f02cf168.jpg

e0846b75.jpg

07fdbbbb.jpg

e91 330d/type r mini
got a little bit more done today, sat the dash in place and did the steering column which i didnt intend on doing and fitted master cylinder, and clutch mechanism
245857fa.jpg

d28fd7e1.jpg

0a8d7aac.jpg

ee6c82a9.jpg

If I were you, id f**k that split system regulator on the bulkhead off, and get an adjustable one in the cabin next to the drivers seat. They cause no end of trouble, had it with my rallycross cars.

Cracking build so far.

e91 330d/type r mini
If I were you, id f**k that split system regulator on the bulkhead off, and get an adjustable one in the cabin next to the drivers seat. They cause no end of trouble, had it with my rallycross cars.

Cracking build so far.
i probably would remove it if i new how to lol

e91 330d/type r mini
thanks for the good comments :)
todays work was adding some door bars and a harness bar to the cage,
hopefully get that finished and painted by the end of the week :)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
The dash looks amazing, cannot wait to see this up and running. Keep up the great work.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
This looks amazing!

Looks more like a B16A1 from the EF/EE Civic/CRX from the 80's going by the rocker cover though. Must just have a different cover on it though.

e91 330d/type r mini
As found in UK VTI Civic's and VTEC CRX's 89-91 :)

What management you using? (Sorry if it's been said, I only scanned for the pics!)
is the a1 150 bhp or 160? i know nothing about jap cars lol
i got hold of a dta with a full loom that had come off a vtec converted mini so should be fairly easy to sort out fitting and wiring,basically just connect all the sensors and power it up and away i go:)
well in theory thats what should happen lol