ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Williams Conversion & Rebuild!

Mk1 Clio 1.8 16v
Hey guys...

Especially for you Yorkshire lot, but anyone whose interested, here are pics of my almost completed rebuild/conversion.
It was originally a 1.8 16V, now a 2.0 Williams Hybrid, fully rebuilt, cleaned and painted.

Enjoy :)

Before:

BeforeWork3.jpg

OnCrane-BeforeWork.jpg

After:

AfterWork5.jpg

AfterWork4.jpg

AfterWork3.jpg

AfterWork2.jpg

AfterWork1.jpg

Thanks For Looking!!

Mike

Valver..
looks spot on!!! wat ya have to do.. i take thats a 2.0 bottom end...wat else do u have to change?? :D

Mk1 Clio 1.8 16v
Well I havent wide tracked it yet cos I cant afford it.
Im going to wide track it and get a decent set of coilovers on it all at once, dont wanna do it in dribs and drabs.

Its a full Williams engine, bottom end and head.

Mike :)

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
I read somewhere that the williams engine is just a bored out version of the 1.8, any ideas if its true?

I blew a 1.8 lump not so long back.. would be a shame to ditch the lump, thinking down the lines of rebore to 1950/2000cc, kent cams, and polishing.would love the turbs but i havnt won the lottery yet.

Mk1 Clio 1.8 16v
It is standard spec yeah, got a decat, scorpion exhaust and a green cotton filter but thats about as non-standard as it gets.

I just wanna run the car in a save a bit more than i can look at upgrading the cams, pulleys,pistons etc etc....eventually want TB's too, aiming for 200BHP mark. At least now ive got a good base to work with :)

Cant wait to get it back.

Mike

Pikey Truck
I bet u cant wait to get it back... guna be a quick motor when its finished!! :approve:

wiizard - the williams F7r engine is a bored out F7p engine... simply put!