ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N2Grafix rear badge and modified Eibach rear springs

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Well after the disappointment of my parts not turning up I decided not to go an get wrecked but instead remove and replace the rear badges and give it a clean.
Rear springs were put on last week but now I think the fronts need doing!? Ballache but no rush. Anyway, think these stickers look much better than the badges on the rear but that's my thought. To get the 'Clio' badge to match (almost) I just sprayed it up in grey primer for now but might leave it that way cos it does look better in the flesh on an Iceberg car.
And yes I know, I really need a proper camera. The pics on this HTC sensation are so dark!

7473851150_f0fc81c325.jpg

IMAG0293-1 by foodbeast04, on Flickr
7473853146_99f639d005.jpg

IMAG0316-1 by foodbeast04, on Flickr
7473856712_57b2fe8cc8.jpg

IMAG0312-1 by foodbeast04, on Flickr
7473867944_8aae38a815.jpg

IMAG0299-1 by foodbeast04, on Flickr

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Cheers dude. Yeah I really prefer the look of it over the big std badges. Will be much easier to keep clean between the lettering too. £3.50 I think they are from N2Grafix (think that's his username). Bargainzzzzz

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
God no! Didn't chop them! That's old skool rough arse.

Nah I sent them off to a place in Sheffield called www.coilsprings.co.uk and gave him £55 and he adjusted them by another 30mm (Eibach sportlines). Sit just right now and maintain the decent ride (not as decent as std Eibachs obv being 30mm lower but nothing drastic - CBA with coilovers).

Think he reheats them and modifies them that way. He painted them black though rather than red but hey ho.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Only £55 mate?? I can remember another Trophy owner posting up about having his done at this same Sheffield place and costing £200??

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
yeah that's where I got the idea from! T27 or something I think he's called. He did the fronts too. Yeah £55 cash in a shoebox sent out with the springs! A week later they came back and I whacked em on. There are two places when I looked on t'interwap. One website did look more professional than the other! And they were both in and around Sheffield. Maybe he meant £200 incl the price of 2nd hand springs? £110 for all 4 doing by this guy.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Sounds like a good idea with the eibachs.

What exhaust you running? That pipes got some serious beef about it.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Haha I know. Tis a bit large. Surprisingly it's really quiet for a stainless. My std one was falling to bits so I got one as quick as I could off here and Budgie came up trumps with this Scorpion 3.5".
One of the best things I've bought if I'm honest, never had an exhaust make much difference to the performance but this one really free'd it up, old one must've been really f**ked.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
looks good, needs to have been lower a tad more (the badge)

This hadn't bothered me til you just pointed it out! My OCD is going into overdrive.

I see what you mean, it doesn't line up with the Clio badge very well, but I think it sits right as far as it's position on it's own (without taking into account the Clio badge) side. Is smaller than the old badge so tough one to judge.