ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Naples MK1 Track car project

Was missfiring when being held at constant revs on the motorway on the way down, but fine under load... Thought it might have been one of the leads not on properly or something etc. Turns out it was the lambda sensor :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oh right, i did hear Daz talking about a Lambda sensor.

Dont suppose you found any spare Mk1 alternator brackets at home?

I forgot last night as we only got back late, lol.

Il check in the morning for you and drop you a PM, even if not we'l sort something out :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thanks mate appriciate it, I searched all over the internet but couldnt find any, even joined 16valver forum too to find some but couldnt

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Reminds me of my 1st car.

SUC30254.jpg

Mk1 F4R
A long over due update

Since the RR day vid has been put in, here are some pics of my car on the day

Im quite happy with the read out as the piston ring are on there way out 167.5 bhp 150.2 lb/ft

IMG_6660.jpg

IMG_6650.jpg

IMG_6649.jpg

Think i gassed a few people out... sorry

More later

Last edited:
  Mk1 F4R
The next trackday was at mallory park 14/8/10 RTOC national day

Had a cracking weekend there with foxy and whiteley despit the weather
I didnt bother using any track tyres as it was to wet and stayed on the road ones toyo proxes s4, not the best in the tbh in the wet

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00963.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

20100814172557.jpg

20100814104240.jpg

untitled.jpg

4895787972_d251ffa583_b.jpg

4895777878_3f494a168c_b.jpg

Ill post some more of whats been going on in 2010 later...

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Great pic of all 3. Your cars looking pretty mean now, especially with the widetrack, makes so much difference in stance

Mk1 F4R
thats a great photo.
whiteley just needs a primer coloured plenum to go for the fully colour coded look.
oooohhhh what you got planned or is it a secret.

Not really all will be revealed soon loads of parts in the garage and in my room waiting to go on ;)

Great pic of all 3. Your cars looking pretty mean now, especially with the widetrack, makes so much difference in stance

Cheers, the whole car has changed so much since i bought it and the widetrack/suspension has made the biggest difference imo, before the roof was touching the floor cornering it was that bad.
Only thing thats from the original car.. windows, shell, steering column, dash top everything else has been changed

loved the car at TDF!
the smoke gave it character :D

LOL!!
soon to be fixed, unless i can get a replacement bottom end in good condition cheep

Mk1 F4R
The next trackday was at Oulton park 1/9/10, this trackday id been looking forward too as its a great track and only 30mins away

I have to say the day couldnt have gone any better, brilliant weather and the car held up great keeping up with m3 and passing a so called 400+ focus rs ye right and many others also a few good battles with foxy, Good times. This time i got the chance to use all 4 r888 and i have to say they where soooo good, it made the car even more better, taking corners faster and harder than before.

IMG_6398.jpg

DSC_2513.jpg

DSC_2447.jpg

DSC_2057.jpg

DSC_2055.jpg

DSC_1446.jpg

DSC_0777.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg

4949250183_0277b4694e_b.jpg

Hopefully ill got some more days like this, this year :D

Last edited:
  R5 GTT EFI Clio.
I know its only a track car, but after all your efforts, i thought it would have been sence to cover it up or not grind right next to the car. Sparks will melt into the paint.

Other than that, Great work!
Looks Great.

Attachments

• IMG_3948.jpg
    IMG_3948.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 44
  Mk1 F4R
Time for an over due update

since the start of feb the car has had some issues of not starting and took 5 weeks to sort out, changine the engine loom , sensors and going through the whols wiring system and in the end it turned out to be the ecu. More info is posted in the link by f0xy

Just going to put up a few pics of anglesey 30/10/10
Really big thanks to rob91 aunt for putting us up for the weekend was awesome, bit gutted it was raining on the day but still a fantastic day, with F0XY and ROB91

AI4C0530.jpg

AI4C1035.jpg

AI4C1223.jpg

AI4C1425.jpg

AI4C1847.jpg

AI4C1895.jpg

AI4C2741.jpg

AI4C3101.jpg

Not much has been going on since crimbo just saving for new parts etc.. so

New red top odyssey battery, cage, auto marine power jointing box and a race tec oil temp guage, i also have the pressure guage and t piece to run them off

IMG_6569.jpg

new battery power jointing box as the old bmw one was not very safe

IMG_6598.jpg

IMG_6599.jpg

and best of all this turned up :D

IMG_6563.jpg

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
top banana. glad its in a state where it now works.

also get a front grill.

Mk1 F4R
Well at the moment the car isnt running because it doesnt have an engine ;)

and the reason i dont have a front grill is because of this

IMG_7011.jpg