ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Naples MK1 Track car project

A4 130
Im sure ill see it soon! Mines only bin gone two days and im missing it!! Matt blacks wheel we be good!

Mk1 F4R
No mate need 172 driveshafts and williams coilovers got the rest of the stuff. Dont think im going to have enough time to get it all done as till got to strip the car out and fit the bucket seat and alot of other stuff before marham and its only 3 weeks now

Mk1 F4R
Little update

Grill arrived the other day and is now fitted

Before
PIC_0250.jpg

PIC_0265.jpg

After
PIC_0266.jpg

PIC_0269.jpg

Looks alot better with the grill in

Also got a coops solid dogbone mount
PIC_0279.jpg

and last of all sprayed the manifold with high temp paint to tidy it up
PIC_0257.jpg

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Not a bad job at all. If you don't have widetrack fitted at Marham our cars will be pretty much identical on paper.

Mk1 F4R
Excellent project this, naples red with gunmetal grey wheels allt he way.

Might have to get my self some cans of paint Black,gunmetal grey and maybe another colour to see wot looks the best, Then get them powdercoated

Not a bad job at all. If you don't have widetrack fitted at Marham our cars will be pretty much identical on paper.

iirc you have got coilovers so you will be better through the corners as im on spax dampers and springs that came on the car atm 172 widetrack/williams coilovers soon woop, We will see wot the supersprint manifold can do for me maybe a little more torque not much i would say, only 3 weeks and lots of things to do, cutting center silencer out on saturday welding new peice of pipe in and putting new manifold on, also at the sametime the coops solid dogbone mount should make a difference.

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
The solid dogbone mount i made for mine was horrid, might try it again when the f7r goes in as it will have 2 new upper engine mounts to replace the broken ones!!

And i should have bought the manifold off winston when i bought the engine doh!:(

Mk1 F4R
The solid dogbone mount i made for mine was horrid, might try it again when the f7r goes in as it will have 2 new upper engine mounts to replace the broken ones!!

And i should have bought the manifold off winston when i bought the engine doh!:(

Was going to make my own at first but for the price coops was selling them for i thought id just buy one off him, save me messing round and then i can sell it on when i get a new engine

f0xy told me about it and i said yes straight away, picked it up net day :rasp:

Mk1 F4R
Decided to take the center silencer out on friday and swap it with a straight length of stainless steel that i bought from pipewerx, Lathom nr wigan £10 for half a metre and then got the ends oppend out to slide onto the existing pipe, then went to a friend who welded the center section up along with the manifold flange as it twisted so it would fit other exhausts.

PIC_0315.jpg

We then cut the excess on the end to make it flat and fit to the decat

PIC_0317.jpg

I then took it home to fit it back to the standart manifold, It was slightly longer then it was before which was good as the taile pipe was out of the bumper as it was flush with the it before

PIC_0305.jpg

PIC_0313.jpg

This is wot was cut out the old silencer

PIC_0319.jpg

On saturday started to fit the supersprint manifold
Started by taking off the old downpipe off and it gat stuck between the driveshafts and the back of the engine bay, so i thought if i took the dogbone mount off to let the engine swing, it dropped out with ease.

PIC_0326.jpg

PIC_0330.jpg

I then had the challenge of taking the manifold out, as i was told the old bolt maybe stuck on and maybe hard to get off, sprayed the bolts with WD40 and left it for 5 mins, they came out pritty easy tbh, didnt realise they weigh that much.

PIC_0331.jpg

The size difference and weight are so different

PIC_0334.jpg

New one fitted

PIC_0339.jpg

I then took the old dogbone mount off and replaced it with a coops solid one, it makes so much difference he said a little vibration, feels like my face is being shaken off lol

PIC_0337.jpg

After putting the dobone mount back on i then put the down pipe back on and then realised there was a problem, the decat flange and the downpipe flange wasnt the same size

PIC_0346.jpg

This was fixed by going back to my mates who does the welding and f0xy kindly donated the right size flange with a bit of pipe still on the end and it was the right size to fit over the 2" decat pipe this was then welded back up an inch and a half sorter, this was a bad idea as the tail pipe is now back in the bumper

PIC_0348.jpg

Its all on now and its blowing a little bit but easly sorted, the only other problem i have is the way we have done the flanges on the decat and down pipe as it hangs an inch or so from the floor not too sure wot to do about it yet

Mk1 F4R
This is how it now sounds on idle

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMV2foX46B4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMV2foX46B4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Last edited:
  Mk1 F4R
This is how it now sounds on idle

[youtube]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMV2foX46B4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMV2foX46B4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/youtube]

looking good! i been thinking about one of them solid dogbones, not sure if i could handle the extra vibrations though, wil have to see what its like next time i see ye

Track valver + Ibiza FR
looking good! i been thinking about one of them solid dogbones, not sure if i could handle the extra vibrations though, wil have to see what its like next time i see ye

Same as me really, you'll have to take me out next time I see you. I've not seen this car yet. Looks like a good un though

JDM Dc2
bzzzzzzzz! is there a bee next to the video camera!?... lol

followin adam last night and it doesnt half pop flames lol

Probably because the engine is so riggy, lol. His track record with bottom ends is continuing.....................................................................

Mk1 F4R
Probably because the engine is so riggy, lol. His track record with bottom ends is continuing.....................................................................

Well we will see at marham is it stands up to the test
got to get recovery sorted yet

bzzzzzzzz! is there a bee next to the video camera!?... lol
followin adam last night and it doesnt half pop flames lol

NO jamie there isnt just pure power ;)
Flames awsome

Same as me really, you'll have to take me out next time I see you. I've not seen this car yet. Looks like a good un though

Sure ill take you out in it next time your out

I think striping will take place tonight
update later

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
This is the the one i made for mine, worked but the vibrations annoyed me, so took it off, been sat in my bedroom ever since lol

261120081672.jpg

Mk1 F4R
That is exactly the same as the one i have from coops
how much did you pay for the bits in total
im not to bothered about the vibrations as the car is going to be a track car

Last edited:
  Track valver + Ibiza FR
I want mine to spit flames, mine pops but dont think it spits flames. Why do you think yours flames?

Yours will jams when its red hot, whiteleys was at marham last year, even with a center silencer, just needs to be hot enough on overrun...

Adams will do it more because of the manifold

Track valver + Ibiza FR
I hope it does, i've never been out with someone following behind but hopefully will sometime soon. Still got the centre section in mine aswell and the exhust is hanging really low. Can't go over speedbumps, so that'll need sorting before marham, I remember yours last year scrapeing going in.

Mk1 F4R
Yours is hanging low jams, mine is about an inch from the floor as we welded the flange on the decat/manifold the wrong way lol need to sort it soon

Raced a fiesta st 150 the other day and the guy was shocked when i went past lol :D
Valver 1 fiesta 0

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
Mines a rally car but the vibrations still pi55ed me off lol, and mine spits flames and bangs and pops when doing road rallys, i know as it lights up the lane behind you in the mirrors, bangs on up shifts nearly every time just like a sequential box.....,ish lol ( and no not the limiter!) Standard manifold and a full stainless magnex, which id never have chosen but was on the car when i bought it, and now after re-welding it and making new mounts is totaly flat the to underside of the car and records 86db at noise test.

And parts i got from work, so just made it up, never looked to see how much one was to buy...,anyone want a solid dogbone for £10? lol!!

Mk1 F4R
Started to strip the car today, was abit worried abot wot i would find when i started to remove things but all is ok, few liitle bits of rust but nothing major

100_4776.jpg

100_4774.jpg

100_4777.jpg

100_4775.jpg

100_4779-1.jpg

100_4778.jpg

100_4780.jpg

100_4782.jpg

There is quite abit of stuff to remove and still quite abit more

100_4781.jpg

This is the steering wheel i will be putting on, saved it from my last car

100_4784.jpg

Tomorrow i will be getting some bars for welding so i can put my bucket seats in they are Sparco pro 2000 also from previous car

PIC_0062.jpg

also tomorrow i will be striping the rest of the car out. The things that are left, carpet, few little bits of trim, roof liner remove seats for bars to be welded in