ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Narffs Racing Blue 182 (Backdated and Pic Heavy)

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
I have been keeping a progress log of my journey with my 182 with the intention to post it here but have been putting it off as I don’t want to be ripped.

I picked up the car knowing it’s a bit rough, it was loved at one point and came with lots of receipts and the Belts were done recently according to the book but there’s no receipt for that so it’s on the list. It’s not a daily so it won’t do many miles. The 182 came out when I was 16 and it was my ‘dream first car’ and I always wanted a RB one, so I grabbed it as a bit of a project.

Here's my initial list:

• Service - Oil, Clean filters
  • Passenger window is very slow and needs help going back up
  • Door locks intermittently
  • Grease the catches
  • Sort the sills
  • Exhaust Mounts
  • Belts at some point soon just to be sure.
ACitjKk.jpg

The front drivers jacking point is completely mashed.

z9npb2F.jpg

aFgzLqO.jpg

nMfRimQ.jpg

The others are not so bad, But I will need to take the side skirts off and straighten up and treat any rust.

mQq0lgL.jpg

I4Hqe12.jpg

sLxAuvv.jpg

The paint is OK for the age, a scratch on the front wing and the usual stone chips. I want to get it mechanically sound before I worry too much about it looking pretty

cZ9kv7M.jpg

cbxjTEK.jpg

ZUwLHWA.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
This rats nest needs sorting, It has a Clifford G5 alarm fitted with some extras, the receipt shows it fitted by a legit company but it’s all a bit of a mess.

E9Zrw46.jpg

The exhaust mount is non-existent and the heat shield needs repair

KOxd0gd.jpg

zpgXI7x.jpg

The engine bay also needs a tidy up

lGwvEvb.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
The driver seat wasn't flipping forward anymore so I had a quick look and the cable had stretched.

Ftu0sm0.jpg

I didn't fancy re-running a new cable so I bodged it for now, I want to eventually get a new seat anyway as it has a big blim hole in it and is very worn.

HbyL6Cj.jpg

Bought a new exhaust mount and filled it full of tiger seal to try and make it last a bit longer, Once this one wears I will replace it with an insert. I also replaced the centre hanger

y8Ox544.jpg

NRuBWLL.jpg

3LoxEn3.jpg

Also bodged the gear gaiter for now as it popping out was doing my head in

GPUTrFM.jpg

HvLO3N1.jpg

Gave it a quick rinse

DL4zihI.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
Looking into the intermittent door locking on the driver door. Not having a lock barrel on the driver’s door been so annoying.

I have the receipts to prove this expensive alarm was fitted professionally... I wish they had gone through with the door loom and been a bit more tidy.

de4FJaM.jpg

IYGoeed.jpg

I tested the continuity of everything, re-soldered a couple of joints and tidied up the wiring in general.

oplWaXh.jpg

Swapped over the locking mechanism ... getting that hook on was a PITA and I have tiny girl hands and a condition affecting my joints so this was a nightmare!

I now know that there's no plastic membrane on these doors so butyl tape is on the list.

On to the other side to replace the window reg.

oUH16wk.jpg

It's still quite slow but goes up on its own now. I used some silicone spray along the rubbers to lubricate things up a bit.

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
The cigarette lighter isn't working. Having a squint down in there, its very rusty! so I took it out and got the Dremel with a wire brush attachment to sort it out

I also saw there was a light that was not working, so I got hold of the bulb and changed it

fDmEDLl.jpg

c7yJtlg.jpg

I forgot an after picture but the contacts were all clean and it all works fine now

TCTVWmM.jpg

Changed the interior lights to LED's also, they actually light things up now!

Z66KH44.jpg

YlOQDFd.jpg

dl6rWlc.jpg

HSNo6XF.jpg

I broke the mirror putting it back ... A new sun visor is now on the list

0vpu3dT.jpg

A big boy for the boot

P6f6on7.jpg

q8uFoS2.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
The steering wheel rubbers were naff, so I got some replacements and set about gluing them down... I am not experienced with glues, mistakes were made.

fH4bSQZ.jpg

VWqVH0V.jpg

So I left it like this, thinking it was going to be stuck solid when I came out to it the next morning, it was…

mymIRI6.jpg

I came back to this

PGd3SQL.jpg

m4rp46r.jpg

cWSjByX.jpg

U7imnvB.jpg

It cleaned up better than I thought. I eventually want a re-trim anyway. On the list!

eoiMF2H.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
The car has an auto start module on the alarm, which again, as installed professionally with the receipt I figured was safe. The wiring made me question, but when it started starting itself! I definitely was not convinced.

I thought I might have knocked the button on the key the first few times, but after it started with my keys in the cupboard I realised all was not well. I set about testing it, and it would start in gear, which is not a good thing! Also when I start it with the key fob, it will shut off if you touch the brake or put it in to gear, as it should. However when it starts itself, you can drive it off, all be it with the steering lock on, and it is stubborn and won’t turn back off, so you either have to stall it or disconnect the battery.

Now I have to find the module, I guessed it would be around the steering wheel somewhere

I found the 'brain'

skjg8pK.jpg

Oh balls it's behind the dials

sS7Jfet.jpg

So off comes the dash top

uZYLjbw.jpg

After looking through the wiring diagram, I got the module disconnected, and the gear safety wasn't even connected

dqdM0lA.jpg

I did an LED conversion on my old 106 and wanted to do it on the clio so I had bought a spare set of dials so I could have a play. Now the dash was out I figured now was the time. I also set about de-stickifying the trim parts while it was all apart.

iuKkFex.jpg

AdBVhL3.jpg

3xRUxxh.jpg

ZxAtSMi.jpg

dFFUd5e.jpg

QAzFaZ1.jpg

I gave them all a layer of matt clear coat afterwards

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
lKu3S7p.jpg

UR4pWz9.jpg

I managed to lose this stupid screw cap, so I got out the callipers and designed and 3d printed a replacement.

Zgnv5VX.jpg

I then sprayed them with a few other things

IlChFAu.jpg

LSrBSVh.jpg

sCwoO2t.jpg

The colour match isn't perfect but it would do as a replacement.

DZakjlQ.jpg

I then found the original when re-fitting. Typical.

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
I scraped off the paint from the needles

ALeUnLz.jpg

replaced it with a blue gel coat from my nail set and it came out a lot better than I was expecting.

rdj2uXN.jpg

Changed the orange SMD's to White, I also converted the spare set of dials I had but wanted to keep mine for the genuine mileage. I am also torn between keeping the white dials or going with the black

PBX0e0M.jpg

Lc5yuGl.jpg

I'm not fussed on the black dials, I cut a yellow sticker to see if it broke it up a bit but I much prefer the white.

w4Cowhu.jpg

16dGddA.jpg

Whoops

LbEmltF.jpg

I didn’t get a fixed photo but here's a picture from when my coilpack gave up

1ekAmL7.jpg

Compared to the original

WZuwow2.jpg

I really like the result. I now have to do all the buttons and climate control panel.

It's definitely harder than when I did my other cars, I’ve gotten old and my joints are terrible now but I got it done and it’s all working. I think it paid off.

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
I love the look of the RB and yellow, I have painted a few bits as accent colours, I experimented a bit with the Diamond but I don't like it so will be going all yellow or all black.

I63O9Ww.jpg

gCTpqet.jpg

I worked out afterwards I had designed and cut the gear knob diagram wrong and then lacquered over the top of it ... doh

AvoKSKa.jpg

The clear coat I was using had a very strange reaction with the yellow paint that I have not seen before, almost like a wrinkle effect. It doesn't stick out too much so if it bugs me I will re-do them.

AvoKSKa.jpg

SiY5FK3.jpg

Re-sprayed the interior trim also as the originals were rough

uNWnDwG.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
Sticky climate control panel time

gZyIqgx.jpg

UIQd0Wk.jpg

N4cZ8DY.jpg

Changed the SMD's

grPiV4F.jpg

I experimented with a lot of different materials to change the orange diffuser that would diffuse the light evenly and not too little or not too much

2Ubw2eD.jpg

Put it all back together with a little rubber grease

vtTJNoO.jpg

Orange be gone

MFWNkY1.jpg

yFmpEHA.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
Converting the switches

5krrM2I.jpg

tffxgua.jpg

rsTosfj.jpg

6sDz0VH.jpg

Nsrbtx9.jpg

RUyoL85.jpg

VQWaZLc.jpg

I had to experiment with the resistor value to get the right brightness but it doesn’t show well on photo. It is now the perfect matching brightness.

w1Da5So.jpg

0tLedIV.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
I noticed that my coolant was dropping below minimum after a drive. I pressure tested it and there was a leak when pressurised, a hole in the radiator so I changed the bottle, flushed the system with distilled water and replaced the radiator. Re-filled with Type-D

Jpr553y.jpg

FCElIjw.jpg

zRmRqUt.jpg

I was also having an intermittent problem with car and the battery dying! I tested the alternator and it wasn't charging so I got a second hand alternator, and will change the belt at the same time.

D7eqWPB.jpg

0tktGTf.jpg

This car is a nightmare to work on, there is no space anywhere!

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
Disaster day

So a couple of weeks after fitting the new alternator, the battery was dead again but it had been sat for a week or so, I didn't have a jumper pack and figured I would just bump start it, the battery has been drained by the alarm or something. Got given a push down the hill.

HUGE mistake

The bloody second hand alternator which was a bit stiff when put in, but free’d up and figured it would loosen up with use. It had seized solid so the belt snapped and bent some valves and a couple of rockers. I knew the belt snapping caused damage but didn’t think such low speed would cause so much damage.

My fault, I'm dumb. Head rebuild it is

Belts, Dephaser, Waterpump as well

aQRu0Dq.jpg

BMCliYN.jpg

pN1tozt.jpg

vu88Wwm.jpg

Had the head cleaned up and noticed that a repair had been done on the rocker cover with JB weld or something similar. Looks like it was over tightened at some point and had cracked. I got this welded but I will be keeping an eye out for another head to rebuild.

jFkHEQ2.jpg

tandrOW.jpg

AunBe7I.jpg

mRtFrwk.jpg

WkTYSb9.jpg

Te4WnR8.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
The lower cambelt cover fell apart so had to get a new one from Renault, I'm wishing i'd scrapped it by now

TlRY9dn.jpg

U2TaQjE.jpg

pSO2ZRT.jpg

n2BMEhc.jpg

And it’s back on the road, running lovely! had a slight leak from the rocker cover but just needed to re-seal it. I believe the rocker covers are mated to the head so I will just keep an eye out for a head for it as a spare but its running amazing.

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
Someone hit both the rear bumper, of course no one left a note or anything even just to apologise. I also noticed the mirror is broken so I'm guessing that's had a whack too :(

MnpiqxI.jpg

kxPBT3Z.jpg

Paints on the list, just want to get it mechanically sound and sort any rust first.

The blower resistor went so I have sent that off for repair

IKJlx2k.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
I had been using live data through an OBD tool to double check the speedo and rev counter since changing the dials and noticed that the thermostat wasn't switching, so changed that, dropped my pretty much brand new Type -D, Thankfully in the scale of things it's relatively cheap.

03w7o04.jpg

ilLDgsd.jpg

The car is still running sweet. It does put a smile on my face every time I drive it, even though its been a stressful experience so far and I have been so tempted to call it quits and break it.

xbPQhZk.jpg

Hit 100K!

It got a lower ball joint and a wheel bearing

jewo98w.jpg

3MLRklh.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
I have just been enjoying the car and haven’t had a lot of time due to personal circumstances to do much. I’m on 106K and have noticed drops of oil, Power steering oil. I took a look at the rack and the boot is full of a disgusting orange goop, I’m guessing oil and rusty water. A boot with with a hole in has been fitted and it’s been letting water in and has destroyed the seal on the rack. I blocked said hole with a screw but knew that the rack was toast and would need changing and it looks like another nightmare job.

I got a refurb rack, trying to get hold of PAS pipe seals, will fit powerflex bushes while the racks out. There can't be much more mechanically that can go wrong now surely.

HYuDLDY.jpg

OOmpYuc.jpg

kb6G7Hk.jpg

Old rack off

s0lFz42.jpg

I still have a lot to do, Once I get a break on the mechanical I'm hoping to get started on the body.

I need to fit the OEM cat back so will be getting that welded to sleeve it, I needed to check that there wasn't a pop and bang remap programmed because it does this occasionally

HvcfniQ.jpg

I got hold of an old RS tuner and it was last remapped before the pop and bang from fast tune was available on the 182 so it must just be the 2.5" de-catted non silenced exhaust.

I have also ordered a load of bilthamber underseal and rust treatment, also gearbox oil

With the weather nice I want to get the petrol cap treated and the sills sorted, will also have a look under the wings and do the arches, and underseal the bottom and cavity wax the cavities

I still have a huge list of things I want to do that I haven't been able to start yet. Hoping to re-fit the rack in the next couple of weeks and then start de-rustifying. Its pretty solid apart from the usual places, the sills, the inside of the petrol cap is starting to bubble a bit so its probably worse inside.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Awesome read and you’ve done so well with it. Keep up the good work! Much better than seeing another being broken.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
great read and great save too, that car looks like it's had a bit of a chequered past so nice to see a loving owner with it now!

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
I got the cat sleeved. It's not the prettiest weld in the world but they only charged £20.

zjRd1uB.jpg

The re-con rack is here, waiting on a few more bits and pieces before fitting.

ZuzxP7P.jpg

There is surprisingly no rust under where it mounts so far that I can see. I need to give it a good clean but before getting underneath it I need to sort out the axle stands ... which in the heat have melted into the drive.

Pw1Pl5o.jpg

I also picked up some seats that are in beautiful condition! so nice in fact it will be a shame to fit them. I will have to use covers and make a conscious effort not to wear the bolsters. Also got a set of 172 alloys as spares and to use while I refurb the 182 alloys and a few other bits and bobs. Thank you @iyrix for jamming it all into my tiny car! Lovely guy.

9i0KDOG.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
So I set out today to start on de-rustifying while I'm waiting for some bits to do the rack. The sun hitting it made it look so pretty before I set about tearing it apart to find the hidden crusties.

H7Vn10T.jpg

I started on the passenger side, took the bumper off and the front mud guards, gave it all a quick clean for now as its rank, will need to de-tar everything.

6dykoPB.jpg

I bought the drivers side front arch liner new as mine went missing and it was difficult to find a second hand one in decent condition. I used some gaffa on the flap as the passenger side is missing and I see them missing on others quite regularly so hopefully this will re-enforce it a bit.

lbelZiX.jpg

The fog bolts are a mismatch and all beyond help so they will be replaced with stainless.

zXoHbIi.jpg

VHOy3yt.jpg

I need to do a bit of repair on the grille as it's cracked on the clips. When everything else is sorted I can get a new one but I'm not bothered about just repairing it for now and stopping it from being beyond use.

hIZt2dO.jpg

nRlj0Ce.jpg

It's honestly not as bad as I was expecting under the front passenger arch

vJpAs7s.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
Gave it a wash

V2CE1QZ.jpg

V1YT7Xl.jpg

yi5FiS4.jpg

There's a whole field behind the side skirts.

eXIK7br.jpg

bIKp8Pl.jpg

Can see a bit of rust poking out from behind the bottom of the wing

GAJ43w5.jpg

I noticed that when the sound system has been installed previously, they didn't pass through the firewall grommet, they just, took it out and bypassed it which is not going to be good for water ingress. I only noticed after I had been spraying water in there so the glovebox is probably wet now.

JdLOpUb.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
Took off the side skirt. The end screw actually came out and didn't need drilling, so that was nice.

Drilled through all of the rivets which I will replace with riv nuts when it goes back on

I was a bit nervous about the rust on the sill under the wing at this point.

W8TWEoi.jpg

I also noticed that the dirt in the side skirt has been rubbing against the car and so there are some rust issues starting on the join. I'm going to have a think about how best to tackle it, see if there is a way I can avoid the repairs being too visible. I am quite handy with an airbrush, and as RB is a flat colour I’m hoping if the repair is visible, it won’t be too bad. The car will never be mint but I want it to look pretty from a distance at least.

VsdJCJq.jpg

OYFqgpe.jpg

I1ppMXJ.jpg

yU47gzm.jpg

Took the wing off. There's a seized bolt that needs the help of the grinder to get off. I will need someone else to do this as due to my condition there are certain tools I am not safe to use anymore so this will stay here for now but it will be removed and I wont just be treating around it.

BpBg56E.jpg

HuHEFmn.jpg

Lnpi6xn.jpg

A little bit of rust starting next to this weld at the top of the wing

WYoELpm.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
Cleaned up the bumper bar, I will be taking the slam panel off and doing that off the car.

IpXKrl8.jpg

I'm going to be paying special attention to the clips as these seem to be a pinch point for the rust.

y1bTIgT.jpg

So the bits I have uncovered for now, I rubbed back, de-greased and applied rust converter. I also straightened out the passenger front jack point as best I could after treating between the skins. I will be installing some square pipe to reinforce the jacking points.

T0DVGdR.jpg

yq21cDi.jpg

sy2GQAF.jpg

S0WVZPT.jpg

ONXn1FK.jpg

gH5pgWb.jpg

Plan of action is to spray the repairs with zinc primer, then spray the arches with stonechip (after de-tarring etc) and the a layer of bilthamber wax. I will also bit using bilthamber wax in the cavities before putting everything back on.

I will give the headlights a good polish while they're off the car too. I still have 3 more corners to go and the fuel cap. I will also jack it up high and treat the bottom and all the cavities.

RS 172
I got the cat sleeved. It's not the prettiest weld in the world but they only charged £20.

View attachment 1543717

The re-con rack is here, waiting on a few more bits and pieces before fitting.

View attachment 1543718

There is surprisingly no rust under where it mounts so far that I can see. I need to give it a good clean but before getting underneath it I need to sort out the axle stands ... which in the heat have melted into the drive.

View attachment 1543719

I also picked up some seats that are in beautiful condition! so nice in fact it will be a shame to fit them. I will have to use covers and make a conscious effort not to wear the bolsters. Also got a set of 172 alloys as spares and to use while I refurb the 182 alloys and a few other bits and bobs. Thank you @iyrix for jamming it all into my tiny car! Lovely guy.

View attachment 1543720
Haha! I never thought that lot was fitting in to start with. Looking forward to watching the project 👍🏻

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
A bit more progress on the clio.

I got some zinc primer on the treated at the front passenger arch/sill and the front bumper bar. I am attacking this a corner at a time, once the primer it’s all treated and primed I will put either a top coat or stone chip and then a layer of bilthamber and treat any cavities.

DA8SkwQ.jpg

FEZdkRo.jpg

1j7vWMw.jpg

HHnriDw.jpg

driver arch is a little worse but still not too bad.

1CXO7ag.jpg

c0T6wSA.jpg

YE3hE1y.jpg

IhTkhd1.jpg

The more I poked the more I uncovered. It’s only surface rust but glad to get on top of it

qWpoyPF.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
The driver front jacking point was a mess. I'm glad I got to this now because where it has been folded over and mashed it’s just been rotting and had started to get at the floor.

1WOMi0a.jpg

I straightened the back up away from the floor and cleaned it all up

I treated it while it’s still separated into layers so I could make sure I got to the rust between the layers. I will then straighten it out more before a final treatment and top coat.

czHRYl2.jpg

I did the same on this corner, Cleaned it up, removed loose paint/rust, degreased, Treated with Hydrate 80 and then layered with zinc primer.

I also gave the headlights a quick polish while they were out. They still have a bit of pitting, look fine from a distance but I think I will give them a cut with the rotary at some point.

Some before and afters of how they are currently

7EDJkFN.jpg

ML13sKi.jpg

hJ5sIpu.jpg

ZzcRGAt.jpg

Ejk2Xjb.jpg

O7cJx6X.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
While the rack is off I will take off the PAS res and give it a good clean. I also want to sort the wiring

fGlz2Tz.jpg

Some more terrible wiring from the 'professional' alarm install.

ka3jnuV.jpg

the wire is all corroded so needed chopping back, gave it a good clean with contact cleaner and re-did and then re-wrapped with propper loom tape rather than electrical tape.

G0joEKV.jpg

I wrapped some of the loom in new loom tape to make it look a bit more fresh. I also checked the wiring from the alarm and removed the wire from the old sub so I can get the grommet and the big ass hole they just left sealed back up.

belPYY7.jpg

BlH7j0c.jpg

Gave the firewall a quick clean

LT6mm9j.jpg

Erme41I.jpg

Gave the firewall carpet a degrease and clean - it was full of oil and needs some repair

pYNrSPH.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
Upon tidying up the loom and switching out rusty bolts (none that need to be high tensile) I found that the cable armouring has been rubbed through. I have seen this on a couple of other threads on here so it must be quite common.

u4jzNs7.jpg

I took some measurements of the current conduit so I could order some new.

54S86NP.jpg

I took off the damaged conduit, wrapped the wires in loom tape, added some new conduit, wrapped that in loom tape. This should slow down any further wear, and looks a bit more pretty.

Ia0mTwf.jpg

The area by the top mount is minging, So that needed cleaning

Ly4nPTb.jpg

NUL14B3.jpg

No rust, just crud. I will need to get some brushes and cotton bud in there. Have left it for now as I am doing a bit of paint touch up in the bay but its on the list.

After all this, I have noticed that I don't have a snapped ECU bracket and my fuse box cover clip is still intact ... so it's not all bad.

iVLHX9O.jpg

I noticed cracking by the clips on the grill so filled them with some araldite to stop it snapping off completely.

59F31XR.jpg

NsmbXiY.jpg

Also repaired some cracks in the arch liners. I am a big fan on preventative maintenance. This will never be a minter so I am happy with these types of repairs if they're not going to be visible. Hopefully getting on top of some of this stuff now will prevent a lot of replacements being needed in the future.

EOTACHL.jpg

I have some further repairs on the arch liners to do.

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
I wanted to get this bit sorted as its looking a bit crap. The induction kit has been rubbing at it where the edging has moved down and that's also passed its best.

8IEwZng.jpg

I gave it a quick spray job. Rubbed back, treated with hydrate 80 , zinc primer, J45 top coat and then clear.

gFaT8eQ.jpg

EuRAcKn.jpg

rCMG3Kj.jpg

cCHEOqU.jpg

NDnO6v0.jpg

I also touched up a few scrapes in the visible area by the ecu bracket

y0qIiLT.jpg

I got some more of the edging with the metal rings

cBHb2XW.jpg

R2eeRj1.jpg

KCjIcJS.jpg

Is there meant to be something fitted in this circular hole? I'm guessing it was some kind of mounting for the original airbox by the notches in it.

The cable I have running through the centre of said hole is a temporary alternator bypass cable. The issue which I thought was the alternator that ended in the whole head rebuild saga was actually something to do with the cable all along. There seems to be intermittent continuity, the eye connector hasn’t snapped but it seems to be an issue with corrosion on the end of the cable which is making the connection a bit intermittent so once its back together and on the road I will strip it back, fit a new connection and test it. I’m hoping I don’t have to run a new cable up through the loom that I have now taped up.

Reactions: MLB

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
I gave the drain a good fingering before refitting the bulkhead carpet. It was full of shite so pulled it off in the end to give it a good clean.

mAXfWJt.jpg

2wQ4spV.jpg

The aluminium has all of a sudden gone powdery with corrosion, and I know I'm not going for cosmetic so much at the moment but I may as well sort that while I'm here so I took the inlet off to clean and paint. I should have painted the rocker cover while I had it off but I may just paint it in situ for now. I did give it a good rub down with alubrite and sealed it for now.

Does anyone know of a replacement cable routing clip for on the inlet?

cVGv9In.jpg

BOwLio7.jpg

I took the slam panel off to re-spray and as I know the aircon condenser has a hole in and I picked up a good one from sub 50k 172 I replaced that.

The old one
bFvxKXa.jpg

The radiator is pretty much brand new, but has already started rusting so I treated that with hydrate 80

ZcAWCCH.jpg

GmzteIi.jpg

I also treated the mounts on condenser going back in as these seem to rust

I also may have given the aircon pipes a polish

YEMG0jW.jpg

9dX4hCH.jpg

And the new one in. I only cut my hands a couple times so as jobs go on this car, it's a good one.

0esoR1X.jpg

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
I got the tar-x out to get the 15 years worth of tar off the arches and liners

OUPetIR.jpg

pRemyDJ.jpg

Did the arches and sills with some stonechip

vtjjbUH.jpg

lk4KNTt.jpg

cGtduOk.jpg

and then a couple layers of bilthamber wax

Ovn8xjF.jpg

I used a the canned bilthamber cavity wax with the long hose to treat the sills, and the under wings also ... this made a complete mess of the drive as I wasn't quite prepared for how many places it would leak out. If you're going to do this I'd cover the complete underneath of the car with cardboard or something.

kU5Md4i.jpg