ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a new iPhone...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
So my hand me down iPhone 5 from the wife isn’t finally giving up on life, camera is broken and generally not a happy phone.
Want to replace it but not sure what with so as is the rules I came straight here to ask.

Options I have are to stick with the same sort of format and go with an SE, I can get the 32 model for £276 or the 128 for £370.

Or are the 7 or 8 worth the extra? A 32 gig 7 comes in at £500, or the 64 gig 8 at £640.

I’m not a huge phone person, don’t do much with the other than message call and take the odd photo so the 32gig won’t be too small I’d have thought.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got an SE, if you don’t do much web browsing, emailing and tons of stuff with different apps and games it’s nigh-on perfect. Still works well with Waze in the car.

I was looking at the range myself the other day and I think I’d go for a 7 if I was wanting one with a bigger screen on a budget. The 6S is still available but given you can get the guts of the 6S in the SE for less.....

Clio 197
So my hand me down iPhone 5 from the wife isn’t finally giving up on life, camera is broken and generally not a happy phone.
Want to replace it but not sure what with so as is the rules I came straight here to ask.

Options I have are to stick with the same sort of format and go with an SE, I can get the 32 model for £276 or the 128 for £370.

Or are the 7 or 8 worth the extra? A 32 gig 7 comes in at £500, or the 64 gig 8 at £640.

I’m not a huge phone person, don’t do much with the other than message call and take the odd photo so the 32gig won’t be too small I’d have thought.
Just had an email about the SE from hotukdeals at £276 plus some extra cashback.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Went with an 8 in the end, will see how it goes. If I don't get on with it can always sell it and go to an SE without losing much :)

An orange one
My 6S is getting a bit past it’s best too... been out looking today and seems it’s worth about £190 trade in, which leaves a hell of a jump to anything resembling a true upgrade.

The X is a thing of beauty, was looking at it today and feels great and has all the kit, but I’m a huge fan of the fingerprint reader. The sales guy was saying the 8 is the logical upgrade from
The 6S but he was pushing the 8+ over the 8.

Still leaves a jump of around £600 though, if they still did the 7 in that product red colour I’d probably go for that.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Curry’s still had the 7 in that Product red last time I was in there looking.

Am liking the 8 so far, battery is good and used to the bigger size now.