ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a new phone, and a new contract, what do people advise? No Apple!

Been on pay as you go for 10 years all the time with o2 and the whole time with the same number, now I'm wanting a contract phone so i can get a good amount of internet data, had a play around with a samsung in the shop and it seemed alright, a friend was telling me that some have removable batteries and memory and some don't, i just want a good thing with good amount of data and good memory, I've had apple phones since the iPhone 2 came out, and I've had enough of them (tbh the last straw was when i updated my phone and they put a u2 album on it)

No, that was the last straw, their technology is behind what everyone else appears to be using, they are over priced in comparison, their success is on the back of image and brand loyalty instead of function, my iPhone 5 had to go to back 3 times, it currently has many problems with it. 'but their customer services is fantastic!' yes, it has to be because the phones are unreliable. I also have a macbook pro which has issues, and the next time that stops working I'm done with that to!

Android opens up a world of free pay for view tv, downloads, sport, films etc etc. It'd absolutely outrageous. Watching streamed HD footy etc for free on your mobile, happy days. No advice on phones I'm afraid.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
I went from the 4s to the samsung S5 and i'm pretty happy with it. It has removable storage, 16gb on the phone itself.

I was speaking to someone who is a bit of a geek on phones, he's on the forums etc.

He said the S6 is a very good phone, but no removable memory. He got his first iphone, the 6 and loves it.
Also looking out for the one plus two which comes out soon.
Then my wife wants to go back to an iphone after the S5.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
See I was a huge Android fan but after KitKat it went properly shite. I went back to iOS and deleted the album as I can't stand that f**king Bono c**t!

Android isn't as open source as it once was and Google are slowly but surely forcing there vision upon its users.

I guess it's horses for courses as there are some things I do miss from Android (Like the ability to just kill all open Apps with a single press). There are pro's and con's to both platforms but if you like Samsung devices there are loads to choose from. I just hope you never have issues with them as they have the worst processes for dealing with hardware faults that I've personally ever known. My Note3 (5 weeks old) got bricked whilst updating the software. It took over two months for them to agree it was indeed a hardware fault due to a failed firmware update and a new device would be required... Apple has this area down IMO.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If you're not fussed about having the latest phone I'd just go PAYG (or the lowest pay monthly contract that you think you need) and get a Motorola Moto G. £100. 5" screen, can still make calls and go online.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
You could stick with PAYG and get 500mb, 100 mins and 3000 texts for 30 days via a £10 top up on three? Or unlimited data, 300 mins, 3000 texts for £15. Or giffgaff do 500 mins, unlimited texts and 3Gb data for £12.

If you're definitely after a new contract check out Quidco, there are often good cash back deals on there.

The reason for going contract is because my work are going to contribute £20 a month, they won't do it with a pay as you go phone (well they probably will but the process will be a lot more difficult) I think I get around 1gb with O2 for £15 at the moment but I am conscious of it running it out

Got Samsung S6 on o2, very sleek phone, feels great in the hand, came from an iPhone 5, at the moment i prefer it to IOS but i am still getting used to it, Very glad to be out of the 'iPhone masses' just need to replace my MacBook Pro with something windows based and ill be completely apple free.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
HTC one m8 and go on Tesco mobile best contract deals imo o2 network but less money and brilliant customer service