ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need help colour coding

Hi guys,

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this.

I have a 3dr 2004 reg extreme orange clio (with standard blackish bumper and side mouldings)

I'd really like them colour coded to blend with the paintwork but don't know much about getting it done.

I have found a website that sells mouldings for say £20 + also charge for painting them at £60 a go.

Is it worth doing this and buying them pre-painted?

or is it worth getting the ones on my car painted at a body shop?

which would be the cheapest?

As i'm not obv not affecting the preformance of the car and the colour of the car is still orange, i guess i don't have to tell the insurance company as it wouldn't affect it?

Thanks for all your time :p

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
Will the insurance company charge you for
it??

taking a risk i think, i got away with it when i crashed my car they could have been arseholes and said i never told them about it and not pay out etc, but if they do ask in the event of an accident, thats the way you bought the car ;) ;)

Stagecoach Ticket
Before reading this i would always advise to inform of any changes how ever small because then your in the right.(I have declared all my changes)

You can get away with loads of modifcations on cars with alot of different models and marks. When you have an accident and take your car to a body shop it gets assed by an engineer. The engineer is there to look at crash damage not to try and catch you out on modifications so the insurance company does not pay out things like paint work colour coding are so small and subtle they go un noticed. Alot of the time if theres no need to look in the engine bay the engineer will not the same as boots, So the chances are you would even get away with a dirty great turbo. Only thing that does tend to catch people out is Alloy wheels because there so in your face when you look at a car. So i wouldent worry to much but its still best to tell your company!

Sorry if any of the information is wrong its what i have found from being around crash repair garages.

Black Gold Trophy
I wouldnt bother declaring it, its a bit like declaring a magic tree air freshener..Although Bell are generally alright, try and do it online if you can. I would sand them yourself and get a bodyshop to tackle the painting and finishing.
Use some 180 grit to remove the textured effect, then get a nice smooth finish by working through the grades up to 1200 grit to get a good finish.

mk2 1.2 16v
What was the website mate?
Sounds like a good deal to me, I wouldn't mind ordering some myself!

Graham