ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help Guys! wheely big Problem!! lol

Focus ST-2
Was cleaning my car today for the first time since must be early jan. The car came up good, but unfortunately the wheels are bad, and the dirt, dust just will not shift. Can anyone recommend any good products for cleaning stubborn stains on wheels?

Mito Sportiva 135
What have you been using on them? Try something like this:

Chemical Guys Blue Rim and Wheel Cleaner 16oz - from Clean and Shiny. Get a decent wheel brush too, as sponges aren't great on baked on stuff. Leave it to soak on for a few minutes, then agitate using the brush. Repeat as necessary, then wash of using normal car shampoo and water. Follow this up with a polish (same as you would for your car paint normally) - then seal and protect as desired.

Whilst we are on the subject of wheels, has anyone tried Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection Gel on their tyres? I was going to go for Poorboy's Bold and Bright, but this seems to have a lot of very positive reviews.

106 GTi
What have you tried on them so far Aberclio182?

Endurance is not a bad product Brand, look ok, and lasts ok, but it attracks dirt to it in no time at all.

Mito Sportiva 135
What have you tried on them so far Aberclio182?

Endurance is not a bad product Brand, look ok, and lasts ok, but it attracks dirt to it in no time at all.

Hmm, interesting. Would you go for this or Poorboys then?

106 GTi
I use the Poorboys Bold and Bright or Blackfire Gel myself. Tyhe later is my chosen of late.

The Endurance bottle I have has been sat on the shelf for ages now.

Mito Sportiva 135
I use the Poorboys Bold and Bright or Blackfire Gel myself. Tyhe later is my chosen of late.

The Endurance bottle I have has been sat on the shelf for ages now.

Yeh was going to try that Blackfire Gel.... will give that a whirl then. And leave yet more products sitting in my store gathering dust :boring:

Focus ST-2
only used Chemical Guys Blue Rim , have to say i think its crap, used it 4 times on each wheel but still crap on them. even took the wheels off and scrubbed with a brush lol. Ill try and take some pics after work to show how bad it is.

Mito Sportiva 135
only used Chemical Guys Blue Rim , have to say i think its crap, used it 4 times on each wheel but still crap on them. even took the wheels off and scrubbed with a brush lol. Ill try and take some pics after work to show how bad it is.

Hmm... must be proper baked on then in that case. Does the metal itself seem stained almost with brake dust?