ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need opinions/pics/help with colours to spray the cam covers etc

LY Megane R26
Hi guys

Wasnt sure if this was the right section or not, but here's goes anyway lol

I'm in need of some pics and opinions of what people have done when painting there cam covers.
Ive recently bought an RS2 inlet so looking to tidy up my cam cover and head etc now it's all going to be exposed lol.

Now I've had a search and found some decent pics but not enough to help me decide and wondered if there was any more out there?

So far the plan was to spray the cam covers with the crinkle black paint, I was debating on whether to spray the engine mount bracket silver along with that part at the back where the breather comes out (not sure what its called lol)
But wasn't sure if to paint it all in the black or not.

If I was to spray it all black I was going to give the vibratechnics mout a freshen up in silver, and find some black bolts failing that spray the bolts black.
Or if I sprayed the bracket and that raised bit at the back of the cam covers silver I'd do the mount black with new o/e or stainless bolts. Sounds a bit anal but I like I tidy engine bay lol,

Whilst I was at it and the inlet is off I was going to give the head a freshen up and spray as much of it as I can in silver to get it looking like new again.

I just wanted to get it looking neat and tidy, but go for like a OEM+ type look an not in your face, if that makes sense.

Any pics and opinions would be greatly appreciated :)

LY Megane R26
I like how you've done yours. The engine mount looks good :)
I was a bit unsure of doing the cam covers all silver because of spraying the face of the head silver, thought it may be too much silver lol

Did you spray the mount? And are they new bolts you used?
It looks like a Matte black you've used?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
VHT silver and VHT matt black.

I sprayed the bolts, doesn't look to bad, I was a bit drunk at the time :p

I wanted mine in silver to just look like clean metal and not too showy.

LY Megane R26
I was guna say they don't look too bad at all in the pics, especially now considering you was a bit drunk haha
Although I bet it's a different story up close? :p

Yer that's what I'm worried with if I went for stainless bolts. They just stand out too much, so I was tempted to get new standard ones or spray them. But now looking at yours I'm tempted to just spray them rather than buy new ones.

Did you spray the bolts whilst they where fitted or did you remove them to spray then refit? And same for the engine mount bracket and mount, did you spray them whilst fitted or did you remove them?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh there's only one blemish where I tried to remove a peice of fluff when the paint was still wet.

I removed the mout/bolts etc for spraying then replaced when dry.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Mine :

u9abuta9.jpg

Halfords own VHT Black Metallic with VHT petrol resistant Lacquer.

It actually came out Anthracite.

LY Megane R26
Tbh there's only one blemish where I tried to remove a peice of fluff when the paint was still wet.

I removed the mout/bolts etc for spraying then replaced when dry.

ok that's great, thanks mate :)

What did you secure your engine with whilst you sprayed it? And how long did you leave it for?
That's my biggest worry is leaving the car with the engine being supported for a few days lol. Was hoping I could find a spare bracket for the mount so I could spray that and I dot need to rush doing the job.

Mine :

u9abuta9.jpg

Halfords own VHT Black Metallic with VHT petrol resistant Lacquer.

It actually came out Anthracite.

I was going to say that's come out a lot more anthracite than black lol
It does look good though, I think I'd prefer that colour along with black crinkle cam covers, I felt the silver would stand out too much from the black, but then my throttle body is freshly sprayed silver haha, although it will now be a fair distance from the rest of the engine I suppose.

Thanjs for that though J that has defiantly given me another good idea :)
just goto decide which now haha

Any more pics/opinions guys?

1.2 clio
How did you guys paint the cam cover been dying to do it for ages. i thought it was a removel job it's why I having done it lol. Do you just move everything out the way and get a spray can and away you go ?

LY Megane R26
Yer thats not too bad, im just thinking incase i leave mine over night i wont be able to monitor the jack and see if it sags at all.

Any more ideas/opinions or pics guys?
Im still undecided lol