ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Needs serious body work!

r1chardson

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
So i crashed my car yestaerday :( Just wondering if anyone on here can give me a quick estimate of how much this sort of damage is likely to cost me. Also if anyone on here works in this industry and recommends a reasonable price you could be earning yourself a nice few quid.

HTML:
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/1781/photo0012py9.jpg

HTML:
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9568/photo0010nd6.jpg

I havnt taken it out to get quotes yet asi havnt had the time (work etc). Cheers for anyone who can help.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
photo0012py9.jpg

photo0010nd6.jpg

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Went out dogging i see?

Looks like a new door and a new rear panel.

Shouldn't cost too much

M2 Competition
Haz - shouldnt cost too much? :S

New door and new rear quarter will be upwards of £1500.

The rear quarter on its own is around £1200.

Have you bent the sill at the bottom too?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Haz - shouldnt cost too much? :S

New door and new rear quarter will be upwards of £1500.

The rear quarter on its own is around £1200.

Have you bent the sill at the bottom too?

Wouldn't cost too much if u find them in the scrappies ;)

M2 Competition
Lol haz do you know how much work is involved in the rear quarter?

Not something you can find in the same colour from a scrappy and fit cheaply.

r1chardson

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The Sill at the bottom is also damaged, yes. Ive had a quote from a local accident repair shop for £1400 :dead: Was really hoping for something a bit cheaper than that! Anyway, ill get a few more quotes to see what the majority say. :( x

Last edited:
Can't really tell from the photo's, but if you can't save the rear quarter panel, I'd scrap it or sell it for parts. Imagine it'd be a write-off if you went through insurance.

?
Can't really tell from the photo's, but if you can't save the rear quarter panel, I'd scrap it or sell it for parts. Imagine it'd be a write-off if you went through insurance.

+1

if that rear quater cant be pulled / banged out then its not worth repairing. Sell it for scrap and start again or break for spares.

M2 Competition
The Sill at the bottom is also damaged, yes. Ive had a quote from a local accident repair shop for £1400 :dead: Was really hoping for something a bit cheaper than that! Anyway, ill get a few more quotes to see what the majority say. :( x

If the sill is damaged too thats cheap for a good repair mate!

r1chardson

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
lol you lot are like vultures! Seeing as ive already had a quote for £1400 i dont think i will be scrapping it. Ill upload some better pictures of the damage in a sec.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Is it just the bodywork damaged or is there hidden damage on the underside of the car, seeing as you ended up in a ditch!

Vw caddy tdi
If not reparable in comparison a rear quater pannel on a r5 was 350+ vat alone! main dealer part only aswell! i'd say pick up a complete door it will be cheaper than repairing old door add labour, paint etc? 9oo-1k+ depending on what parts you repair or replace.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
how did you manage that? and why does it look like its in the middle of the woods, with no road anywhere near?

r1chardson

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8717/photo0011wx9.jpg

Theres the road ... just! Span it out round a corner (Black spot apparantly) How was i to know :( Was going 30 ... however it was a little bit wet on the roads but it hadnt rained since the previous night. Still think that im not really at fault. Whats done is done, ive just got to fix it now. Thanks for all your comments.

It's gutting to see that as it's obviously your pride and joy, but in Scutch detective style, let's analyse the evidence here:

1. You were "driving around a corner on a wet road"
2. You were only "doing 30 mph"
3. You have stoved the sill, rear quarter and passenger door well and truly
4. You have gone well into that wooded area

This does beg the question, how are you not to blame?

My hypothesis is:

You were creaming around that corner with your mates in the car too quickly, probably understeered, possibly on low tread tyres and certainly in a car that wasn't made for it, panicked due to lack of experience and then brown panted the car sideways into the fence, coming to rest in the wood.

Am I close?

hercule%20poirot.gif

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's gutting to see that as it's obviously your pride and joy, but in Scutch detective style, let's analyse the evidence here:

1. You were "driving around a corner on a wet road"
2. You were only "doing 30 mph"
3. You have stoved the sill, rear quarter and passenger door well and truly
4. You have gone well into that wooded area

This does beg the question, how are you not to blame?

My hypothesis is:

You were creaming around that corner with your mates in the car too quickly, probably understeered, possibly on low tread tyres and certainly in a car that wasn't made for it, panicked due to lack of experience and then brown panted the car sideways into the fence, coming to rest in the wood.

Am I close?

hercule%20poirot.gif

FLOL @ the pic to conclude it all.

It does seem as if you were tonking it mate. I seriously doubt you were doing 30mph given the damage done and locations to.

However, more pictures are needed but it shouldnt be too much of a problem for a decent bodyshop. Make sure it is a decent one though, as some will only make the job worse and you'll always be able to tell. Obviously price will vary in this case.

Been there, done that, though. Well, hardly, but I have smashed up plenty of cars and rolled a Clio Williams. That was pleasant.

BMW M135i
Its either time to cut your losses/pay a lot to repair it/get the insurance involved and get it written off and you payed out.

Depends which one will be the biggest financial hit and I bet it isn't the insurance.

r1chardson

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
LOOOOOOOOL mr_merc you are a good detective! However, no-one else was in the car and no bricks were shat. But close ...

clio 182 black /gold
That could turn out expensive, personaly i would go through insurance. Lucky the roof is not kinked. You could have damaged the steering, dented sump and other items unseen by the eye.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I'm sorry mate but for £1400 that will be a right billy bodge up.

It will cost (as peperami said) £1200 just for the back wing. Sounds to me as though the quote you've had is for knocking it out and fillering the whole side....

I just paid (mates rates) £1000 for a new back wing to be fitted and painted on one of my cars.

Filler will sink/scar and look s**t.