ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Neighbour peed me off...

Mito Sportiva 135
I get the same...you know what they are thinkging, perish the thought of spending more than 20 minutes with an old sponge from the floor washing your car! I think one of the main problems is most people don't clean their car enough, and don't understand what you are doing. Even my mum thinks I am polishing my car every time, I try and explain that its rarely polish, and trying to protect the car from all environment.

Like you say, people clean their houses most day and think its strange to clean your car once a week or whatever. When I see people drive past I just ignore them so as not to have to make eye contact and pretend I am embarassed doing it again. Its just worse as my house is at the bottom of a busy close. Ignore them mate, its your car and want it to be kept mint, nothing wrong with that at all. If not, just start jacking up heroin on your lawn every morning and they will be glad when you go back to washing your car.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
i wouldnt worry mate i get a few noobs round my way and one day i was cleaning my 3 cars and it took about 7 hours and got some wanky comments, just haters.

who cares!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Tbh the chances are that her dad has called you an idiot and probably not in a joking manner . He's probably one of these curtain twitchers who has nothing better to do than watch others and critisice them .

I wouldn't worry about it mate . You've got a nice car , you enjoy keeping it clean and in good condition so fcuk em . You carry on doing what you like and don't bother what the neighbours might say or think .

If we all listened to people who critisiced us for the things we enjoy doing then we wouldn't do half the stuff we want to .

Leave these tiny minded people to their own tiny mundane world and get on with your life .

Clio 182
Kids are great drop parents in it all the time. I was living in a council house a few years ago & always got on well with everyone, anyhow after much hard work I worked into a good job on much better money. I decided to get on the property ladder so on the day I was moving house this kid cycled over to me & asked what I'm doing. "I'm moving into an old house I've just bough" I tells him, "Yeh my mum says you think your too posh to live here" comes back the reply. Oh well I guess I didn't get on as well as I thought, still who gives a .

Mini Cooper S sport
Erm, I think you care too much what your neighbour thinks!! Does it matter? More to the point, you've let a comment from a 5-year-old girl bother you.

I'd have just laughed and said I thought her dad was an idiot too.

P

PrincessJessica

well i clean my car every sunday if i can and i try if im off in the week aswell.

it doesnt matter what your neighbour thinks but well done for asking about it. the fact he hasnt responded shows he is ashamed of what he said.

i wouldnt worry about it, your car looks lush clean ;)

'02 1.2l 16v Clio Expres.
That happens in my street, all the curtain twitchers come out when i wash my cars every sunday, that was until after a few months when they started to see how much of a difference it was making to the car, now i take care of three other cars in my street, makes for some great beer money for a poor student!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Just forget about it mate. It doesn't matter if he thinks you're an idiot for cleaning your car.

Saying that i don't like cleaning the car when the neighbours are around. I get uncomfortable because it takes me hours :eek:

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
Sounds like a bit of a prat to me! Perhaps he has nothing better to do than observe you washing your car! Off topic, get yourself down to a meet! Check the local meetings section, theres a pasty and pint starting in exeter.

C

Curtiz

I get this to, both my neighbours and most people who live in my street seem to pass when im cleaning the car and they all have to be smart a**e's and make some stupid comment. In the summer i wash my car a brave lot because the weather is so good, shame everyone has comments to make but i just sort of laugh and continue working

there is someone who lives 2 doors down from me and he will wash his car every day without fail! i think he totalled it up for last year and told me 357 days in the year it got washed...it really is immensly immaculate though, even im jealous...he even washes it in the rain/snow, which i think that is odd lol but hey, he is happy :)

Mito Sportiva 135
To be fair washing every day would probably mean more chance of inducing swirls unless he has got a totally pro routine. But EVERY day though, even I think thats a bit much!! I tend to only do mine once every other week at most right now, a wash and dry alone takes about 2 hours and simply don't have the time!

Most annoying neighbour comments:

"You missed a bit!"
"You can do mine next!"
"There won't be any paint left on that thing!"

I smile, but each time a little part of me dies! ;)

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
To be fair washing every day would probably mean more chance of inducing swirls unless he has got a totally pro routine. But EVERY day though, even I think thats a bit much!! I tend to only do mine once every other week at most right now, a wash and dry alone takes about 2 hours and simply don't have the time!

"You missed a bit!"
"You can do mine next!"

I get that almost everytime I clean my car, I live in the country and only have 5 neighbours! Arggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!

C

Curtiz

"You missed a bit!"
"You can do mine next!"

ha ha ha! the three most famous ones i ever hear, so irritating now...i must try and get pics of the 307, it really is so clean...i didnt say it was a 307 before, i thought you may mock a lot lol!

Formally Clio 182
And the 182, 1 of only 40 made, hence why I like to wash it once a week and look after it...

What they only made 40 182's lol?

I have a 182 which is identical to yours!

See..

n516162212_305227_139.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
dont worry about what they think, i have a neighbour who hates me because "im turning the street into a scrap yard" in her words which in reality means that usually on my days off im changing suspension for someone or fitting an exhaust or something silly

Nike Lunar Elite's
I hate it when 1 of my neighboors cleans his car. He does it every week but lives at the bottom of a slope (I live at the top a couple of houses down), meaning that in the winter he freezes up the road as he doesn't want to get his own drive wet making the road and path dangerous.

He is also a complete and utter t**t for a number of other reasons!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Can't believe cos a 5 YO girl came up and said that you went arround to their house and probably appeared very intimidating to the the mum. He will alsmost certainly think your an idiot now.

And now people are suggesting going to vandalise his car?

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
My mate had the exactly the same spec as yours.

Being in the south west it might even be the same one.

pm my the last digits of your reg if you want?

106 GTi
Mine would have had Recaros, till I found out about the gash rear seats. If I decide to keep it I will be getting some.

Black Gold, Recaro 182
TBH the back seats have never been sat in and it took me a while to notice they were any different...

Yes, the seats are what makes it special. Only 40 Black golds with Recaros came out of the factory.

You guys are right, probably jealous.
And? They are an optional extra. Not a limited edition. I could have picked one up when I was looking for my motor but didn't want the dymanique rear seats.

Did you tell your neighbour it was 1 of 40 ever made? If so.....

Last edited:
  V6
its just jealousy probaly. as your cars look best down your street. i get coments all time about cleaning my van and car but just let them fly over my head, or give them dirty look if offensive.

my freind had simlar problem down his road. this posh women wud always come out with silly coments when he washed his car. he got sick of just ignoreing her. so when she said why do u wash ur car so much, he replied.

''Well When you take a sh it you wipe your ass dont u?well when my car gets sh it on i bloody wash it mind ur own bussneiss''. she never said anything since.

visualize whirled pe
I doubt it's jelousy lol. If it was a Koenigsegg CCX / Maclaren F1 or something then maybe... Most people arnt goin to know your car is anything fancy, and even if you told them what it was they would look at you blankly.
It's more a case that neighbours can be bellends some times.

I have neighbours who haven't washed their car since I moved into the area 2 years ago, he's a bit of an old fart at times and always feels the need to make a little comment whenever he passes and I'm cleaning my car but it doesnt really bother me enough to start making waves tbh I just smile and nod, the universal answer to everything.

05 IO 182 cup
dont worry about it at all matey there are bigger things to get worried about !! wash the car as many times as you like - with all the salt and s**t on the roads its best to give it a good once over regularly - my neighbours are the same - always get comments about washing the paint away.

i wash mine in all weathers light and dark and get funny looks and comments from every man and his dog - but fook the lot of them - they are only jealous that your car is so clean and they cant be arsed doing their own !!