ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Never broken, Always French

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Re: destined for the track

:( Sadly the car has failed the MOT, was down to the rear shock absorbers being compleatly fudged. Should be fixed and ready to go tomorrow tho :)

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep

New OMP targa wheels fitted, interior is now complete :) Cars finaly back from JKM in pompey for its MOT, had no advisories but failed on the very leaky rear shocks. The wheel is awesome, had a little problem fitting it. The hole on the hub for the leads is no where big enough for them to come through with the plugs on the end, so had to take the two airbag plugs apart and also take the cruise control lead off all together. Put them all back together and fitted the resistors, wired the horn in and put it all together. Must have messed up somewhere because the Serv light and airbag have lit up, so will get whoever does the 48k service to have a good look at it all. Only been out in it very quickly but it feels brilliant :)

Out of the box
5577744878_c8d6e9f7ec_z.jpg

As you can see the don't fit through
5577747940_3cac5a90ec_z.jpg

All through and taped up
5577749948_616d25d2e6_z.jpg

And finally all together
5577167175_0ed923a995_z.jpg

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep

Looks good mate! Does the horn work on these OMP's or do you need a ph1 indicator stork?

Yea horn work but its a bit of a bodge TBH. Had to use some battery connectors from an old alarm panel iv got kicking around and then soldered the ends in the existing horn plug! but it works so im not to bothered.

200 FF Storm Grey

Do your indicators still self cancel? Mine don't with that boss, and seems to be pot luck with most

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

Have your wires behind the steering wheel caught fire yet?

If not, make sure you have a can of Pepsi ready for when they do ...

Or just do what i did and yank the horn button out of the steering wheel with wires still attached until the smoke stops.

Probably one of the biggest "oh fack!!!" moments I've had in my car.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep

Ok pal, let me know :)

Depends what corner i take i think, the small quarter wheel turns it doesn't but the big turn of the wheel it does !

Have your wires behind the steering wheel caught fire yet?

If not, make sure you have a can of Pepsi ready for when they do ...

Got a bottle of water sat in the passenger door just incase.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep

Bit of an update before a big update !

For the past 3 weeks the cars been sat on the drive gathering dust and bird poop, been using the BMW in the mean time. Its needed a service since the gearbox was changed, and with a wheel bearing groaning away as well as the tracking being out i got it in to my mates garage on Monday. All has gone well apart form him finding out one of the rear springs had snapped at the bottom. So we had it changed to find the car sitting about 1' higher than before? Renault swears blind that there cup springs but my mates boss (Steve) was on the phone to them for best part of an hour. He put the old ones back on to find that they are Eibach lowering items on the rear, we are still to find out if there the same up front ! Now i dont know if the previous owner fitted them but Steve got back on the phone to Renault and they claim that some of the cup packed cars were fitted with Eibach springs from the factory so he has got some coming over from France ! I have always thought that my car was a bit lower than most but put it down to the cup suspension itself.

The big update is a new splitter ;)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

Same wheel as I've got, little tip make sure you use a suede brush on it.

I didn't and it's started to go all smooth now :(

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep

When im happy that it wont break down and also don't depend on it so much mate. Should change the title TBH

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep

After saying id never get one, iv gone for a skoda vrs splitter. Think we need to go for a TAR drive some when soon as its pretty much fixed now !

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

When im happy that it wont break down and also don't depend on it so much mate. Should change the title TBH

Does that mean never :dapprove:

Knobhead TBH ;)

:rasp:

You've only 15 minutes over Chris ;)

After saying id never get one, iv gone for a skoda vrs splitter. Think we need to go for a TAR drive some when soon as its pretty much fixed now !

That'll look a million times better than the crap you had on before.

Drive sounds good :)

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
With the way works going Tim probably !

Technically with the Autocar feature i have had roughly about 5 hours track time ;)

Im off all this week if that helps for the drive ? If not a breakfast run to some hot exotic location on a weekend is cool

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Splitter update time.

Ordered the Skoda Fabia VRS splitter on Wednesday and it arrived yesterday. Whipped the Laguna one off and drilled the new one on in record time :) Its gone to a new home on my mates 206 GTI 180.

Old V New
5648950124_d9e081ba01_z.jpg

Hanging off the car
5648949042_4959485c4c_z.jpg

5648386895_f10835442e_z.jpg

Then gave it a wash last night and up to Goodwood racecourse for some pictures, with a massive head ! Also removed all the RS stickers on the skirts and the k-tec ones and also the Elf sticker on the rear window. Will be replacing it with the newish one.

5648389155_fdcd34ec20_z.jpg

5648952356_c5a44454c0_z.jpg

5648954462_d7af35982c_z.jpg

5648391305_7ea3a185a5_z.jpg

5648392381_0ac3542720_z.jpg

Well one sticker had to stay, sort of sums this car up TBH
5648393413_dc08ca8721_z.jpg

Just got to take it back to the garage on Tuesday to see about these magical cup springs and then i can officially say this car is FINISHED !

If the springs turn out to be rhubarb im going to get the eibach lowering springs and fit them, Iv never really wanted coilovers so the lowering springs seem the way forward. There's nothing else i want to do to the car now apart from maybe replacing the stripes. So after the springs are sorted there is NO excuse any more for me not to take it on track. So il be looking at doing my first around July-august time so if anyone is doing any around this time please do tell.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Splitter looks better Chris. I think it's time I changed mine now TBH.

Me and Tim are doing Donington Park trackday on the 25/7/11 see if you can get on the reserve list of something mate.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Would do mate but i cant afford it till the end of may :(

Gotta sort out the suspension if the ones coming from France are not what we all think they are ! Im very sceptical that Renault would put eibach springs on some cup and not on others ? More Renault BS i suspect.