ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Never broken, Always French

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Suspension all sorted, The spring turned up from France was the same height as the eibach spring on the rear apart from an eibach sticker.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
My own fault this one! Decided id look at the steering wheel angle sensor to try and sort out why the T/C light kept on coming up, and have just made it a lot worse :( Now the ABS light has come on. And as i found out yesterday 4 pots and no ABS results in near on flat spotting your tyres ! Its going back into the garage Tuesday hopefully 4 days after it came out from a £400 + service ! FML

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
The cars back home after spending 2 weeks at the garage, and its still not fixed. Have put the original steering wheel back on now so the airbag light has gone but the ABS and T/C are still there. The wheel angle sensor was replaced as well as the wire coil and still the light are on. Garage reckons its something other than these now but there computers cant tell what it is ? We plug it in bring up the steering wheel angle display and it doesn't register anything even once its been calibrated ? Looks like its going to RenTech in the future, but as its summer and dry most of the time, and also because i cant afford to, its staying the way it is. Suppose now i can call it a 'proper' cup !

Anyway iam getting some turbines :) off Revels soon, Im thinking either silver or gunmetal grey ? Definitely not white tho !

Pictures after a quick wash :)

5758964351_7b2bd24aed_z.jpg

5758968111_38d04e55e6_z.jpg

5759515340_18489eb963_z.jpg

5759519186_053eea2629_z.jpg

LY R26 #288
Looks nice mate. RB has really grown on me. Shame about the warning lights. I hate unnecessery warning lights on the dash.

Goodwood horse racing circuit this time?.

I go down the motor circuit ocassionally on a Saturday to have a watch but am yet to run into you. Could have a double photo shoot!.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Looks nice mate. RB has really grown on me. Shame about the warning lights. I hate unnecessery warning lights on the dash.

Goodwood horse racing circuit this time?.

I go down the motor circuit ocassionally on a Saturday to have a watch but am yet to run into you. Could have a double photo shoot!.

Cheers, yea racecourse today lol. Goodwood is only about 5 miles away from me so i pop up most weekends. There's a track day up there this Saturday. Photo shoot sounds good mate :)

clio mk1 RSI
Re: destined for the track

It's a lovely looking RB, however, I'm not fond of the front splitter. IMO a standard Renault or a Carbon Fibre one would look better. I noticed you had a standard splitter at the beginning of the thread and no write up as to what happended to it or why you replaced it. Just IMO of course.
love that you are sticking to the splitter hate when people tell you to change things on your car.
the car is mint epic thread points:star:

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
No mate, was disappointed with it last year, but also its my mates birthday Saturday.

Yea sorry kev, was changed to a skoda one not so long ago. Hope you still like :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Car looks awesome!! Gutted youve had problems, but then it is a Renault!! Lol. Loving the splitter, didn't dislike the laguna one but do like the fabia one.
Just out of interest, what was the Renault cost of those cup springs please?

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Car looks awesome!! Gutted youve had problems, but then it is a Renault!! Lol. Loving the splitter, didn't dislike the laguna one but do like the fabia one.
Just out of interest, what was the Renault cost of those cup springs please?

Thanks, Dunno about the price but there pretty much the same as the eibach sportline springs mate. £150 from k-tec :)

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks to Revels for the lovely gold turbines :)

5800344715_7b1607086e_z.jpg

There getting blasted sometime this week by my mate in his lunch hours :) But i got impatient and slapped a load of nitro-mors all over one of them, took some of the paint off but not all of it.

5800901420_76d641743b_z.jpg

Then Saturday i gave the car a good wash and even waxed it !

Before's.

5800350311_cabcebe20d_z.jpg

5800354415_395bcf5c15_z.jpg

5800912798_d242eab14d_z.jpg

This came from one wheel !
5800361791_8c376d682a_z.jpg

Afters.

5800365765_578d9a805e_z.jpg

5800369325_ff1116fa17_z.jpg

5800372835_a188e2c442_z.jpg

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
The Turbines are on hold for the moment, might even sell them on now :S

Got a pair of the cup racer brake ducts off MADM4X, very good quality items that just need a bit of modification to fit nicely.

Car jacked up and bumper off
5888093716_81e00b8e43_z.jpg

The 'pikey' brackets i made out of some vent grill thing from a computer laying about
5888096260_881a29f3a7_z.jpg

5888098084_901439fb00_z.jpg

Stuck to the ducts using glue and Tiger seal :)
5887533253_b2139ea5b2_z.jpg

The 'nearly' finished article
5888102106_5fe1cba718_z.jpg

5888103990_4923ac45a9_z.jpg

5888105694_8dc58067e0_z.jpg

They just need painting hopefully tonight, need to go and get some black paint. Then crack on tomorrow with the ducting itself. I have got some 60mm ducting and some jubily clips already then just need to make some deflector plates :) Hopefully more updates tomorrow

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Put the bumper all back together yesterday after painting the ducts black :S Honestly at the moment iam a little bit unsure of them but i think that's mainly because there so black compared with the grills. I have not put any ducting in at the moment only because the carbon canister needs moving as do the horns and i was running out of time.

Washed and cleaned
5893428120_ed6677e11f_z.jpg

5893424744_f4e931636c_z.jpg

5893423890_3b31ae95fb_z.jpg

5892857699_1361ca6682_z.jpg

5893426482_60ee9853a3_z.jpg

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
The ducts look ok but would look better with same profile as the fog surrounds.

I don't get the direction you're taking with this car though :S

Turbines are as not "race car look" you can get then you fit Cup Racer brake ducts...

I'll requote this as well ;)

Sorry to criticise but why are you spending money on turbines + respraying them when you can't afford to fix your car.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
I don't think the car has any direction THB Tim. All i have ever done is what i think would look good, Its the main reason i got the ducts, i thought they would look good and also because no one had really tried it. Same goes with the turbines, true there not very ''race car look'' but they are 15's and they look good on a RB car. Could have gone with 2118's but every man and his dog now has a set. Any way the turbines are very much on hold now until the car is fixed. The reason i got them is because iv wanted a set for quite some time and they came up when they are getting rarer and more expensive, Also i was going to strip them all down and paint them myself. But i dont have the time or patients really. I see it as more of an investment.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't think the car has any direction THB Tim

Well it was destined for the track ;)

You're right about 2118s even Max has them now LOL

It cost me 40 quid in materials and a couple of weekends to refurb my OZ F1s. It was actually quite enjoyable so you should crack on with your Turbines now you've got them!

Before:
DSC00069.jpg

After:
Wheelrefurb011.jpg

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
LOL yea WAS being the optimum word.

I need to get all the old paint off the turbines before any thing tho and iv tried everything !